PDA

View Full Version : Question for people with Knee length or longer

saffy2yrs
June 13th, 2012, 08:00 AM
What do you do when your braid is longer than your arms? I am almost to the level where I am not able to finish my braid because my arms do not reach. I do have shorter arms than most, but still!

I sometimes hold the braid about 3/4 the way down in my mouth so I can finish braiding to the ends.

What do you do to secure your hair so you can braid to the end?

Madora
June 13th, 2012, 08:02 AM
I'm not in that category but I've seen pictures of very long haired ladies who wrapped the partially finished braid around their neck, then proceeded to finish the braid.

akka naeda
June 13th, 2012, 08:08 AM
My hair's knee length, but I don't have this problem yet. However when I wear the paranda then I do, and I solve it by pulling the already plaited bit back over my shoulder (move your hands up towards your head so the plait slides over your shoulder) and then continuing to plait with my hands in a more manageable position.

I hope that makes sense, it seems easier and quicker to me than wrapping the hair round my neck or round a door knob as I have heard other people say they do!

Loreley
June 13th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I'm not at that length but my hair is longer than my arms. When I comb or braid my hair I throw the upper part over my shoulder and then I can reach the ends.

ladyfey
June 13th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I do as Madora said, wrap the braid around my neck to finish.

saffy2yrs
June 13th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Around the neck sounds easiest, thanks for answering! I am hoping I will need to do this soon. :D

juicy-glitter
June 13th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Very Interesting.. I never would have thought of this problem before....

daeana
June 13th, 2012, 09:51 PM
i either wrap the braid around my neck to finish it, or i say screw it, and have like a 3 foot long tassel. :p

lunalocks
June 14th, 2012, 11:58 AM
My hair is not as long as most of the posters, but still longer than my arms for braiding. I either let the weight of the braid have it drop or loop down while I continue to braid, or pull the braid up and over my head so that the braid is upside down and I continue to braid it in front of my face.

eresh
June 14th, 2012, 03:11 PM
i either wrap the braid around my neck to finish it, or i say screw it, and have like a 3 foot long tassel. :p

LOL this! :D

Otherwise, around the neck or I "clamp" the braid under my armpit at a length which is managable to be able to braid to the ends

julya
June 14th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I sometimes wrap my braid around my knee, or a doorknob if there is one nearby to finish off a braid.

gossamer
June 14th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I throw the braid over my shoulder when I get to the point where I can't reach any further.

Here's a link to a video of me braiding (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj4ba5O2ZMI) it to show what I mean.

Chromis
June 14th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I wrap it around my neck like a scarf. I do the same thing if I have it down and it is my way to move it real quick like to use the washroom or to grab eggs out of the chicken coop.