PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever dyed your hair, or..

based goddess
June 12th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Do you still have virgin hair and always intend on keeping it that way?

I dyed my hair jet black last summer and I'm dying it bright cherry red later this month, too excited :D

prettykitty
June 12th, 2012, 02:42 PM
I used to dye mine a lot! Bleached, pink, black, before I settled down and just used semis in browns to keep it even, glossy and hide the sparkles. To be honest, maybe that's why it's so thin now!
Nowadays I just use henna and sometimes a bit of indigo to brown it out. My hair is better than its ever been. So for me it's dye-just say nooooooo.

afu
June 12th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I've never dyed but I do get bleach highlights, the top half of my head is about 50% highlight 50% natural, underneath I only get the highlights done about once a year because my hair isn't naturally dark anyway

ravenreed
June 12th, 2012, 02:52 PM
I have been dyeing my hair almost nonstop for 23 years. I started when I was 16. I took a break a few years back and grew my hair out for three years to see if I liked my virgin color. I absolutely hated it, so I went back to dyeing again.

Ticky
June 12th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I had a couple of red streaks on my bottom layer, but I haven't dyed them in more than a year.

XcaliburGirl
June 12th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I bleached and dyed the ends blue a couple of years ago. Then I tried Lush henna when I had short hair (low commitment). Before that and since, I just don't want to deal with the hassle.

Zesty
June 12th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I bleached the front part of my hair (bangs area) and dyed it red when I was 14. I cut it all off and got my hair dyed close to my natural color soon after, and haven't even considered the idea since. Way too much upkeep for me, and my natural color is fine. It also feels a lot better when virgin.

HintOfMint
June 12th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I've had highlights before that were either red or light brown, but that was over 10 years ago and they have since grown out and been chopped away. Same with the length I had dyed a blue-black when I was 18 or so, grown out and chopped away.

Right now, my entire length is my natural color and virgin and I'm pretty happy with it. Because of my skin tone and general preferences with style, I'm pretty sure I'll always keep it this color.

If I ever dye, it will be to cover grays.

Mesmerise
June 12th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I used to dye all the time! I can't remember the last time I saw my virgin colour (errm I think when I was 21 and I cut out all the dye and it was really short? Didn't last all that long though :rolleyes:).

Anyway, now I'm henna only! Trying to grow out all the damage I've done over the years. I'd go virgin but really don't feel like flashing all my gray hairs :p. I'll probably go virgin again when I'm 65 or so and stop caring about the grays?!

Charlottie
June 12th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I've only ever dyed once and I'll never do it again because I don't want to damage my hair. Even though I really really want dark brown or black hair, but everyone says it won't suit me anyway -_-

dwell_in_safety
June 12th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I dyed my hair three times March-October of last year. I had never dyed it before then; I was nearly 21 the first time. I'm never dyeing it again.

quintanion
June 12th, 2012, 03:51 PM
I dyed mine a few times as a teenager. The first time I got a surprisingly bright cherry red without bleaching on on the layers underneath the canopy - gave the appearance of red tips and looked awesome braided. Then I dyed it darker a few years later and didn't care for the flat look. I'm pretty sure all the previously dyed hair is grown out/cut off now and I have no plans to do so again until I start graying (maybe not even then). I like my natural color and my skin tone would clash with anything lighter.

battles
June 12th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I used veggie dyes on and off as a teen, and had a run in with henna last year. :bigeyes:

Growing out the henna now, and I plan to keep my natural color.

jacqueline101
June 12th, 2012, 03:54 PM
I've used no deposit temp hair dye.

ladylowtide
June 12th, 2012, 04:01 PM
To hell and back baby.

I've been soft black, blue black, white, red, pink, orange, highlighted (blonde and copper), yellow, all sorts of fake browns.

I grew out my virgin hair for a bout six months, (bleached ends). Decided I didn't like how icky it made my skin lick. I'm fairly pale with skin that could either go good with cool or warm coloring, my natural hair is very very cool toned medium brown. Looks kinda grayish.

Decided I liked red. But never wanted to touch damaging hair color again. Opted for henna.

And we have been in love ever since.

RedBlue
June 12th, 2012, 07:59 PM
The first time I dyed my hair was July of '10. I dyed it red. I since then have dyed it at least six more times, all different shades of red and one brown color. I want to go get my roots touched up soon! My hair has been dyed four times professionally and three times from a box. I stick to deep/dark reds and deep browns, because I don't want to damage my hair more with bleach and I don't want to be blonde, ever. I will never go black, because I feel it'll be too dark and wash me out and black is just very hard to get out!

saffy2yrs
June 12th, 2012, 08:37 PM
I have never dyed my hair, but currently I am thinking about Henna for the strengthening properties. However I am waiting to get my tester bits done to see if it is a massive change or just a little. I am not good with lots of upkeep, so I am hoping Henna doesn't change my color too much, so I don't have to re-do every month.

newbeginning
June 13th, 2012, 06:39 AM
I dyed my hair for about a year recently. I've gone about 10 months without dying. I'm growing the dye out now and will never dye again. It was too much upkeep for me (I guess my hair grows fast because I got roots in 2 weeks), the dye didn't really stick to my greys and the rest of my hair (coarse, reddish hair), and I wasn't a fan of the chemicals (even though I used a more natural dye sometimes). The last time I dyed it/got it dyed it was done to match my natural colour as close as possible so I can just grow it out. It's a pain to grow out and I'm trying to deal with liking my greys. I wish I never dyed it to be honest (I did it to start with because semipermanent dye didn't wash out and I wanted to cover greys). The regrowth of my natural hair feels a lot healthier than the dyed part too.

pink.sara
June 13th, 2012, 06:45 AM
DYEHARD!
I have had my natural colour for all of 3 months since I was 14. It's horrid and I hate it with a passion.

Hence my experiments all my life. I also find that I am a very changeable person and I enjoy being artistic and my hair is one way I express that.

I also recently went from Black (with a fat purple streak) to Brightest Cherry Red all over. (and I'm not talking the red you get in a drugstore permanent box either, I mean RED) It can be very damaging to do that though so be careful and be sure to take your time, as one day journeys from Black to Red almost always end in tears and serious irreparable damage. :flower:

verylittlecarro
June 13th, 2012, 06:45 AM
I am chasing the red hair (that I so foolishly disliked) of my youth. I have more than a smattering of grey so I've been covering it with salon permanent colour for more than a decade. Nothing is ever quite the golden copper I want. Am seriously considering henna but haven't quite been convinced yet. I would love to have my hair closer to virgin condition rather than chemically dyed texture.

boofles
June 13th, 2012, 06:47 AM
I have dyed my hair all sorts of colours over the years, but since I started growing it, I have been brown, then an accidental jet black (last time I tried dying at home!), lightened from that to blonde, then darkened to brown and highlighted to a light brown.

I can never make up my mind on a colour and always get jealous of other colours and want to change, then miss the one from before and want to change back! :rolleyes:

SongofLove
June 13th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Nope, never dyed...I always wanted to, but I'm too lazy and too scared that the color won't turn out to my liking.

dollyfish
June 13th, 2012, 07:12 AM
I don't anymore because of the damage it does to my already dry hair (only henna these days) but as a teen I used to dye my hair CONSTANTLY.

I was orange, pink, (infinite shades of) red, bleached, various brown shades, black... I even did green once, though that was only temporary. I used to dye over old dye multiple times a week, and my hair completely lost its wave. I didn't even know my hair was wavy (like it was when I was a toddler) until I stopped dying and started growing it!

Jing
June 13th, 2012, 07:13 AM
I've dyed my hair a few times, but it's virgin now. Always used semi-permanent dye since I'm too lazy to touch up roots. I would like to dye it again, but dye makes me shed like crazy, and I'm eagerly awaiting more sparklies in my hair.

onlyforhim
June 13th, 2012, 07:32 AM
I dyed my hair 4 times and almost a year ago I used Sun-in.
it has always been like this I promise myself not do dye it and I manage to have 50% virgin hair and then again I dye it.
But this time I am not falling again. dying has done a lot of damage to my hair and honestly although I love light brown color but dark brown suits me more and virgin hair feels so much softer.

Altariel
June 13th, 2012, 07:33 AM
I don't like my virging colour.
I started using henna 3 years ago but I've nevere got the right shade of red, it was frustrating.
Last october I started dying my hair but I wont dye until pool-season is out (so september) because it's useless with red

spidermom
June 13th, 2012, 07:33 AM
My natural color used to be a mid-range golden blonde. I did a product called Summer Blonde while in high school to make it a lighter blonde, also Sun-In. I got tired of it and grew it out.

I've colored my hair red a few times with a semi-permanent color and let it fade out. I also tried henna, hated it, and grew it out.

Now I do Manic Panic or Punky fantasy color every once in awhile and let it fade out. It's fun.

hyettf16
June 13th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Never dyed, never bleached, 100% virgin. I kind of want to highlight with honey but I'm too chicken to do it.

verylittlecarro
June 13th, 2012, 07:52 AM
spidermom, why did you hate henna? Was it the colour or something else?

juicy-glitter
June 13th, 2012, 07:54 AM
I used to be a blonde addict, so tons and tons of bleach and highlights were my friends...now they're the enemy! I'm still growing out bleach highlights though... I just wanna see my nautural hair color, havent seen it since I was about 8 :(

MintChocChip
June 13th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Yep I used to dye my hair black in my mid teens, and then I got into dark brown, then blonde and then red. It caused a lot of damage.

So much that I won't touch the stuff again. All my hair is virgin at the moment and I'm really happy keeping it that way. My natural colour suits me way better than any box dye ever did anyway.

Vampyria
June 13th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I was dyeing it since I was 16.

First it was black for a couple of years, then I wanted to get rid of it. So I lightened to blond (well yellow), then I went orange, red, dark violet and back to medium red (with very aggressive box dye). My hair was thin, damaged and it looked almost transparent.

At 23, I decided to grow out the red dye, because I didn't like the unnatural look anymore. I wanted to dye it to my natural color first but it didn't work- it just washed out. And I got a headache from the dye that lasted for a week, because I left it on a bit longer.

Now I still have around 3 inches left to grow out. I will probably never dye my hair again with chemical dye, but I'm thinking of henna a lot. Well first I have to see how my hair looks longer and with natural color.

DancingQueen
June 13th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I have never dyed my hair in my life. I guess I just like the color, and don't feel the need to change it. Sure, I guess it would be cool to try a brunette or redhead, but not right now. Maybe later?

RitaCeleste
June 13th, 2012, 09:18 AM
My natural color isn't as pretty as some people's so I dye it. I kept going back to red over and over. I've finally ordered some dark red henna and I'm going to try henna. I am tired of the red fading and I decided I might want to grow it longer than waist. I hope henna does something for the texture, my natural texture is really harsh before the color is applied.

LadyHazel
June 13th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I dye my hair now very infrequently , virgin hair for me is sticky like Velcro ends , is multicoloured and generally doesn't look all too nice, I would dye it again now if I wasn't so concerned about losing length because let's face it all of the chemicals in most dyes aren't going to help retain thickness or length, the exposure to box dye chemicals can cause major lung problems too , believe it, it's all in the chemistry!

eicamawa
June 13th, 2012, 10:39 AM
I've used to highlight it, but it didn't show so now I'm growing it out. But I hope my hair will get a little lighter with sunbleach, if we get any sun this year. We'll see :)

Amber_Maiden
June 13th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Used to dye it red and brown. Now I henna it, but keep it at the same colour my hair is naturally- I just like the strengthening qualities of henna.

faellen
June 13th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I've dyed my hair all sorts of colours in the past. Bleach blonde, black, browns, reds, pink, teal, purple, and more. Unfortunately, all that dyeing caused quite a bit of damage.

Have not dyed since February and am seeing how I like my natural colour, which is coming through an ashy light brown. Hated it at first but am starting to get accustomed to it as more of it shows up.

IvanaGil
June 13th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I have never dyed my hair. When I desperately wanted to in my teens, my mom forbade me, and now, I am so grateful. I already have fine, sensitive hair, so the least amount of chemicals, the better :)

freckles
June 13th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I dyed a handful of times in my early teens -- maybe 4 times tops? I had a couple shades of brown and red from boxes, and one time I got permanent black at a salon and grew it out without ever getting it maintained. I think I was 14 or 15 the last time I dyed, my hair is definitely all 'virgin' now. I won't say I will never dye again ever ever -- but it doesn't appeal to me right at this stage in my life.

Tisiloves
June 13th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Dye it, well, now henna it. It counteracts my hair's tendancy to sun bleach out ginger and blonde.

Cinnamoon
June 13th, 2012, 01:49 PM
The ends of my hair are pink right now (you can see the picture on my profile! I'm so excited about them), but that's all I've ever done. I feel like just doing the tips is a fun way to do color without doing permanent damage - when I'm done with it, I can just cut it off and only lose a couple inches in length.

elbow chic
June 13th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Manic panicked it awhile back, (hot pink!) but that's it.

I quite like my natural color-- it is unusual in a person my age-- and it seems stupid to color over it.

LadyHazel
June 13th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I can't seem to see my post on here I wonder has it been deleted? :( I didn't say anything bad

Diamond.Eyes
June 13th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I started coloring my hair black when I was 13 and started growing my natural red back out when I was 15. My hair is 100% virgin now, and I intend to keep it that way.

CaughtRedHeaded
June 13th, 2012, 02:32 PM
I've never dyed or colored my hair but I'm sure one day when it turns gray I will lol

JellyBene
June 13th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I dye my hair black and I really love it, but every now and then I see someone with my natural color and I feel jealous and regret dying it, but then when I see someone with shiny jet black hair I remember why I love it ;) If I ever want my natural color back I plan on switching to a semi permenant black dye on my roots for a year or two, then cutting off the permenant stuff and letting the semi fade out. But this would require me to lose some length so I figure if I ever do this it will be quite some years away

luckyshot
June 13th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I've been dying my hair for 7 years now. I've been every shade of blonde, was ginger for a short time, and I've also tried out dark brown. Bleach blonde was the norm for me though, and I'd stuck with it for four years. I've finally decided that it's too much upkeep, and I'm growing out my natural color, which is dark ashy blonde. I haven't bleached since December, and I'm starting to really like my natural color. I think it suits me better than the bleach blonde.

Changling
June 13th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I dyed my hair every unnatural color, and black. I've had dyed pixies and mohawks for like, ten years. Just before I shaved my head, I used to have a seriously ill emo pixie :D black and pink with long side-sept bangs and all spiked up in the back. Blow-dried, gelled and flat-ironed. It kind of took forever to style, lol. But it looked really cool.

Since I shaved my head I have completely virgin hair. Part of it is that I'm out of my punk/emo phase and back to my granola self, part of it is just not wanting to do it anymore. It was kind of a lot of hassle for me. Now I just have some hair extensions so I can fake a purple streak ^__^

RedheadMistress
June 13th, 2012, 03:16 PM
- I tried doing the "natural" look, dying it from pink to a dark brown so it matches my new growth but I got really bored and felt really boring so I bleached it All and dyed it again . . so it looks like this again:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6088&pictureid=98616

I don't regret bleaching and dying because it makes me happier and now I've decided to just do root touch ups every now and then, and it won't damage my hair too much . . and eventually when my hair is as long as I want it to be, These rly damaged ends will slowly be cut off . .

BrightEyes
June 13th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I have been highlighting (as well as low lighting) my hair for the past 10 years and don't ever intend to stop. My light blonde hair makes me happy and that is what is most important I feel, to be happy with our hair.

I try to balance out the damage and dryness with pampering my hair on a regular basis. I also get regular trims.

Covet
June 13th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I've been dying my hair since I was about 14. Part of me wishes I didn't do it but when I think about it, I had to dye it (and eventually ruin it) to learn my lesson. I'm currently growing out a full head of highlights! Can't wait to have my beautiful black virgin hair back!

Tia2010
June 13th, 2012, 06:46 PM
In my teens I did sun-in and some highlights.... then a miss-communication with a stylist lead to all my hair being bleached .... D.E.S.T.R.O.Y.E.D my hair :mad: So I cut it all off and let it grow in natural/virgin.

I eventually started getting a few highlights and low lights again... then decided to try dark hair...LOVED it :D So I started getting dark semi/demi dyes... but nothing on a regualr basis..I would dye it -maybe, three times a year... letting it fade back to my natural color in between.

Now I only do deposit veggie dyes like Manic Panic so I can keep the dark color and avoid damage :) I really do like my natural red tones now...but I don't like the grays that are starting, so the coloring is here to stay :D

tinedream
June 15th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I dyed my hair black when I was 13 or 14, and I basically haven't stopped dying it since then. I'm 21 now. I've had everything from red, platinum blonde, every shade of brown, etc. My hair right now is a pale ashy blonde, but I've recently decided that I'm done with bleach and dyes, and done with having average length hair that never grows beyond a certain length. I haven't seen my natural color in years and years, but the roots look like a level 6/dark ashy blonde. I'm going to try to grow it out against the pale blonde and see if it creates a nice ombre effect, but if it doesn't, I guess I'll just put a dye close to my root color all over and start over from there.

I do regret the amount of damage I've caused to my hair, but I will say that it was fun experimenting with different colors throughout my teens. Changing your hair color can be fun style-wise. But I'm at a point now where all I want is naturally long, beautiful healthy hair. I haven't had that since I was a kid. :(

Ayjay
July 16th, 2012, 06:01 AM
I have natural blonde hair with the under-layer dyed a bright red. I tend to have my hair in a braid so it makes it look like I have candy cane hair and i love how each time I braid it comes out looking completely different.

ddiana1979
July 16th, 2012, 06:10 AM
I dyed my hair a lot when I was a teenager. Mostly auburn and burgundy reds. Once black in college (because I wanted to look like Monica on Friends [wow, that shows my age]), but it ended up disastrously. It was too dark against my ultra pale skin, and not quite the right tone (e.g. a blue black from indigo looks perfectly fine on me), and so I tried to get it repaired at a salon, which made it WORSE. I ended up with orange Sally Jesse Raphael mustard/ketchup hair, I guess because they bleached it too long. Then I had to go to yet another salon to get it dyed the proper shade of brown. Thus ended my experience with chemically based dyes.

Now, I do occasionally henna or henndigo.

millyaulait
July 16th, 2012, 06:24 AM
I dyed my hair crazy colors in my teens!

Now I just dye it dark brown, naturally it is 'bronde' that flashes red in the light.

Not my thing... :p

akka naeda
July 16th, 2012, 06:39 AM
I had it bleached in a pixie, but quickly discovered my hair grows too fast for all over bleaching. Then I had bleached streaks, which I dyed different colours (purple, blue, red, green, yellow, pink). Then henna (which looked great with a purple streak) and now nothing because henna on chunks of white hair looks bad.

When I have more white hair, then I might dye in some more brightly coloured streaks.

kitekats
July 16th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Yup, I was dying them for about 5 years- but now I have decided to stop that for good, I only hope, that my willpower is strong enough...:pray:
And that's how they looked before all of this horror http://www.flickr.com/photos/82751953@N04/7582436750/in/photostream

Shiranshoku
July 16th, 2012, 06:54 AM
I started dyeing when I was 15 - 16 years old. I usually died it either red or chocolate brown.
I'm trying to grow it out, because I got tired of taking care of my roots but it's very hard to resist temptation! Last month I did it again because my mom urged me to, and now I have 1 cm of my own ashy roots... And such a long way to go!

Angel Barchild
July 16th, 2012, 06:56 AM
I started dying my hair at 14 I think, and am now 34. When I was younger I did every color under the sun that didn't require bleaching. Now I just dye it a bit of a darker red than my normal ginger color. I dye it every 6 to 8 weeks, but my hair is still in real good shape, but I also take very good care of it.

My mother asked me on the phone the other day is I had any gray hair yet, I laughed and told her if I did I'd never know. :D

Idjit
July 16th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Does henna count? I started with henna maybe 2 years ago. I had never wanted to try dyes before I found out about henna. Manic panic sounds great if you're already blonde.

browneyedsusan
July 16th, 2012, 08:23 AM
I love henna.
Strangely, my gray doesn't bother me, but the mousey-brown does!
I'll henna for the forseeable future.

jadelouise
July 16th, 2012, 08:31 AM
I have been chemically dying my hair black for around 4 years now

I want to come off of the chemicals so will be trying indigo for the first time once my roots need doing :)

umbrellabones
July 16th, 2012, 08:31 AM
I have never dyed my hair at all. Mostly because I've always been to afraid to because my mom always told me It would ruin my hair. And also i'm afraid i wont like it and will regret doing it.

longNred
July 16th, 2012, 08:42 AM
I tried a few streaks/highlights when younger, but never did my whole head till my early 30s when my natural auburn started to brown and I noticed some grays. I did box dye 2x, hating the flat drying results each time. I had my stylist do it once, but i could never afford to maintain that. Now that I'm a little older, and wiser, I use henna. Beautiful results, happy hair, totally affordable.

curlyhair
July 16th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Never dyed before , only using henna

FrannyG
July 16th, 2012, 10:15 AM
I've been dyeing for 19 years. I just don't do anything else harmful to my hair.

koala
July 16th, 2012, 10:27 AM
I've only used the real damaging type dyes twice. My parents wouldn't let me dye my hair, so I waited until I turned 18.
I'm still probably growing out the damage from the first one after they lightened it a bit.
Other than that, I used purple Manic Panic-type dyes mixed in with my conditioner ever couple weeks to keep it from going orange. Stopped that now because it's summer and I don't mind the orange color as much.

BrightEyes
July 16th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I highlight and lowlight my hair every 3 months. I love my hair like this and don't ever intend to stop.

Bianca
July 16th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Yes, I have virgin hair, after I had dyed it for years when I was younger, not a fun grow out. But worth it.

I do intend to keep my hair virgin, but you never know. I have thought about doing some ombre highlights, and one day when I go grey, I cant say for sure I wont dye it :)

BambooBeauty
July 16th, 2012, 11:04 AM
i have blonde highlights in my hair...i love them so much but i really want to grow my natural hair out

CTH3989
July 16th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Do you still have virgin hair and always intend on keeping it that way?

I dyed my hair jet black last summer and I'm dying it bright cherry red later this month, too excited :D

I have never dyed my hair. I would like highlights, but I am hesitant about chemicals.

Deborah
July 16th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Virgin here. Never dyed it, never will.

Arashi
July 16th, 2012, 02:10 PM
I haven't seen my natural color since I was about 10. For a few years I really experimented with the color, but my true love is for dark hair, so that's what it's remained for several years straight now.

These days, I do roots only in a brown-black shade, and also dye with henna in between. Most of my length is jet black from previous dye, but I'm hoping for most of my hair to be a deep brown-black with mahogany undertones someday(through growing out the stark black and/or encouraging the black on the length fade and show more of the henna underneath). The first few inches from my roots onward are the brown-black mahogany shade I mentioned, and then it gradually progresses into the jet black. Even as it is, I love my dyed color and have no intention of changing it.

Since I'm very gentle to my hair otherwise and do roots only, I have no noticeable damage from the dye. Not even a single split to be found on my head, and I've certainly looked. :)

elbow chic
July 16th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Had never dyed before LHC! Now I've used manic-panic on it a couple times. It's currently streaked with a pretty greenish-blue.

Changes things up without going for the :scissors:

earthnut
July 16th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I've always been natural.

I wouldn't mind having a colored streak, or temporary color, but I'm far, far too lazy to keep up with roots. Plus I really don't want to damage my hair. I have enough problems with dry porous hair. :P

Lostsoule77
July 16th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I had highlights done once in 2008 and hated them! Other than that I've only used temporary dyes. Purple when I was 17 and then mostly red a couple times a year for a few years. The last time I dyed I used black in 2009 that was supposed to wash out in 28 shampoos, but is still in my hair. Since that instance I have no desire to dye (unless my job would let me do manic panic type colors) and am trying to grow out the black that's left. If you look at my siggy pic you can see it. It's at about APL and down the length in the middle.

coneyisland
July 16th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Virgin here. Never dyed it, never will.

Same here.

neko_kawaii
July 16th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Bleached and died it orange after seeing Run Lola Run. A friend had already done the red dye. Fun stuff but I decided it was too much work for me after redoing it once.

cuddledumplin
July 16th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I used to dye it a lot, but I prefer it natural now.

KAggs
July 16th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I've never died my hair before now put in highlights. It's virgin and I want to keep it that way. I like how other colors look on other people, and have pondered about doing it myself, but I just can't. My mom has been dying her hair since she was 17 (she was graying at that age) and she scared the poop outta me. "Do you want thin hair like me?" I mean, I guess it worked! I don't think I could keep up with the up-keep anyways.

Diamond.Eyes
July 16th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I used to dye mine many colors. First I had dyed black hair, then it was blonde, then it was pink and blonde, and then it was black again. I decided to grow out my natural red 4 years ago and my hair is now 100% virgin and I do intend to keep it it that way. :)

umbrellabones
July 16th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I used to dye mine many colors. First I had dyed black hair, then it was blonde, then it was pink and blonde, and then it was black again. I decided to grow out my natural red 4 years ago and my hair is now 100% virgin and I do intend to keep it it that way. :)
I'm glad. i love your hair so much:)

luxepiggy
July 16th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I dyed my hair for the very first time last year, and I am never going back to my natural colour again! When I saw myself in the mirror for the first time with blue-black hair, I literally experienced a physical sense of relief, like "ah, now everything finally looks right!" No more visual dissonance, no more struggling with makeup colours. Whereas my natural hair colour made my skin look sallow and a bit dull, the blue-black enhances my cool-toned skin so it looks radiant and healthy (^(oo)^)v

sugarpixie10988
July 16th, 2012, 10:06 PM
A long time ago I dyed my hair red, then brown. They weren't permanent dyes so they eventually washed out. Then I started dying it pink which was fun for awhile, but that washed out too. Right now I'm embracing my natural color!

sunshine-locks
July 16th, 2012, 10:10 PM
I used to dye my hair a fair bit when i was 12-14, I started with a light brown, which turned nearly black in my virgin blonde hair! then I went onto red, yellow, many shades of brown and blonde, went purple a few times, and accidentaly ginger on several occasions o.o