PDA

View Full Version : New Hair Color!!

DaniVerde
June 12th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I took the plunge and decided to go completely blonde :D

Took all the usual precautions of coconut oiling, etc. I know there is damage, but I want to enjoy my hair and play a little :D And well, I've always wanted to see what being blonde is like :rolling:

Did this at the salon, and my hairdresser is fabulous! Anyone in Helsinki who wants a salon recommendation, I'll pass on his info ;) We did this over 3 times, spaced about 10 days apart.

Soooo...here's a pic! Bad IPhone pic, but still... (complete with salon blowdry...my hair is actually curly with layers. It's a bit past APL in the back)

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2268/biondahs.jpg

What do you guys think?

Does anyone have any opinions on what I should do with my eyebrows? (aside from shaping them) :)

spidermom
June 12th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I wonder what up-keep is going to be like.

DaniVerde
June 12th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Not too bad, I'd think. It's just roots every once in a while, or if I get bored, I'll color back to natural. My natural hair color is nowhere near as dark as my eyebrows, by the way.

tinfoilsally
June 12th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Well I think it looks great! Congratulations! I love the mix of blonde tones that your stylist gave you, it looks very pretty.
I'm thinking of going blonde again once my hair has grown out somewhat, and personally I enjoyed the blonde hair/dark roots Madonna type thing when I had it :)
As far as the eyebrows go, I think you should just rock what you've got. Go for really defined eye makeup and natural lips, I think that will probably look cool. I didn't change my eyebrows at all when I went blonde (my eyebrows are pretty much black), I enjoyed the contrast.

DaniVerde
June 12th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Well I think it looks great! Congratulations! I love the mix of blonde tones that your stylist gave you, it looks very pretty.
I'm thinking of going blonde again once my hair has grown out somewhat, and personally I enjoyed the blonde hair/dark roots Madonna type thing when I had it :)
As far as the eyebrows go, I think you should just rock what you've got. Go for really defined eye makeup and natural lips, I think that will probably look cool. I didn't change my eyebrows at all when I went blonde (my eyebrows are pretty much black), I enjoyed the contrast.

Thanks! :) And thank you for the eyebrow advice ;)

The blonde tones come from my natural hair color, I think. I have a lot of tones, and my stylist put in a really low volume bleach for 40 minutes. It just took three trips because he sectioned my hair into 3 parts, under layer, middle and canopy, so that way if I changed my mind or my hair decided to go orange/snap off, we'd know before doing my whole head! :)

amanda_the_tall
June 12th, 2012, 11:53 AM
your eyebrows are about the same color as most natural blonds i know, so i think it looks nice! :)

afu
June 12th, 2012, 11:55 AM
ooh very nice :) another member of the bottle blonde longs. I would just leave your eyebrows natural, a lot of people naturally have eyebrows darker than their hair normally so it doesn't look odd

DaniVerde
June 12th, 2012, 11:58 AM
your eyebrows are about the same color as most natural blonds i know, so i think it looks nice! :)

ooh very nice :) another member of the bottle blonde longs. I would just leave your eyebrows natural, a lot of people naturally have eyebrows darker than their hair normally so it doesn't look odd

Thank you both! :) I'm really considering leaving my eyebrows alone :)

RapunzelKat
June 12th, 2012, 12:00 PM
It looks great! The color really suites you :thumbsup: Congrats on a great new color from a fellow bottle-blonde longhair :D May I ask what your starting color was?

I also think you should leave the eyebrows ;) I like the contrast in color personally, and if they were too much lighter you wouldn't be able to see your great eyebrow shape.

DaniVerde
June 12th, 2012, 12:10 PM
It looks great! The color really suites you :thumbsup: Congrats on a great new color from a fellow bottle-blonde longhair :D May I ask what your starting color was?

I also think you should leave the eyebrows ;) I like the contrast in color personally, and if they were too much lighter you wouldn't be able to see your great eyebrow shape.

Thank you! :)

I'm not sure what to call my starting color, actually. I know that sounds strange :D I've heard everything from cool auburn to dark blonde. It's definitely cool-toned, though..maybe I'm blondette? :D And in all my pictures, it looks a different color :o

ladylowtide
June 12th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Have fun being a bottle blonde. No seriously. It is so fun. Blondes really do have more fun. I have almost been every color of the rainbow, from black to platinum. And I can tell you there is something magical about the frequency of light that we classify as blonde...it seems to imbue one with a renewed sense of fun and enjoyment of life. Honestly if I had the 60 dollars a month just for hair coloring, I would be Gwen Stefani Blonde for the rest of my life.

Enjoy it. And if you change your mind is seems like around APL and shoulder are great lengths to experiment with color at. And if you fall in love with it, let not anyone turn you aside! When I was bleached I never babied my hair and grew like a weed from APL to MBL in like record time (probably why it was so expensive but I digress). And there a plenty of bleach heads on lhc with great hair. and there are threads.. "life's a bleach" comes to mine dedicated to lhc-ers who lighten, highlight, what have you.

Make sure and enjoy your hair, whatever that comes to mean to you. :) I think it looks good on you.

jacqueline101
June 12th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I like it myself.

raehysteric
June 12th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Looks good!

I've always wanted to go blonde, but as a dark brunette with dark eyebrows it just wouldn't look right (I also happen to love the contrast between the dark hair and pale skin.) Just bleaching my roots out enough to pick up my henna is more maintenance than i like.

Btw, I would leave your eyebrows alone. I've known plenty of natural blondes close the color you've achieved with eyebrows that color.

Tisiloves
June 12th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Very pretty, I hope you have the coconut oil handy ;)

Your eyebrows look great, very Marilyn Monroe.

curlymarcia
June 12th, 2012, 12:41 PM
I think you look wonderful! Dark eyebrows are very common among blondies. Have fun your new color ;)

spidermom
June 12th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I thought upkeep might be a pain since you said it took 3 sessions.

Blonde is pretty. I'm really loving watching mine go into the silver tones.

DaniVerde
June 12th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Your hair is pretty, spidermom :)

I think upkeep will be ok..my hairdresser just really wanted to make sure that I would be happy with the color before completely committing :)

RapunzelKat
June 12th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Thank you! :)

I'm not sure what to call my starting color, actually. I know that sounds strange :D I've heard everything from cool auburn to dark blonde. It's definitely cool-toned, though..maybe I'm blondette? :D And in all my pictures, it looks a different color :o

Lol not strange at all actually. My natural color is a bit hard to pin down too - its right on that borderline between dirty blonde and light brown, depending on the light, how it's combed, etc... ;)

pink.sara
June 12th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Ooooh, that's really pretty. And it looks cute with your eyebrows it's very 50's. :)

based goddess
June 12th, 2012, 02:26 PM
It's a pretty change, am I just crazy for thinking you could pass as a natural blonde?

DaniVerde
June 12th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Ooooh, that's really pretty. And it looks cute with your eyebrows it's very 50's. :)

Oh wow, thank you, that's so nice! :)

It's a pretty change, am I just crazy for thinking you could pass as a natural blonde?

:cheese: Thanks, that's a huge compliment! I have 3 blonde grandparents and one very blonde parent (my mom's a towhead), so I was hoping that that side of my genetics would take over and mean that I wouldn't look too ridiculous :D

HintOfMint
June 12th, 2012, 03:26 PM
There's a little bit of brassiness, but other than that, it looks great! Lovely shade.

I'm always a fan of blonde, whether natural, or from a bottle. It would look a bit weird with my skin tone (and obviously fake) if I did it, so I live vicariously through others.

BrightEyes
June 12th, 2012, 03:28 PM
It looks fantastic! I highlight my hair and love being a blonde, isn't it fun? :D I also think your eyebrows look just fine, mine are darker than my hair too. Enjoy your new color!

DaniVerde
June 12th, 2012, 06:44 PM
There's a little bit of brassiness, but other than that, it looks great!Lovely shade.

I'm always a fan of blonde, whether natural, or from a bottle. It would look a bit weird with my skin tone (and obviously fake) if I did it, so I live vicariously through others.

Thank you! I've actually decided to call the shade "apricot blonde" :D

It looks fantastic! I highlight my hair and love being a blonde, isn't it fun? :D I also think your eyebrows look just fine, mine are darker than my hair too. Enjoy your new color!

Thanks :) It seems that the general opinion is to leave the eyebrows alone ;)

MiamiPineapple
June 12th, 2012, 07:59 PM
I love it. Blondes really do have more fun (been there) so enjoy!

homehearties
June 12th, 2012, 08:02 PM
help! i'm new here and don't know how to start a new post!