PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyles aimed at preventing damage/breakage

Shehesitated
June 12th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Im a newbie to this community, so hello everyone!:)

I am on the never ending quest to find the best hairstyle(s) to wear to work. I am an LVT at an Emergency vet, so I need something that keeps my hair up and out of the way while ensuring it stays in place for 13 hours shifts. I am mainly interested in finding a go-to hairstyle that prevents breakage and will help me achieve my hair-gowth goal!

My hair is chemically dyed red, BSL with layers up to my shoulder, straight in the front and very wavy/borderline curly in the back. I want to grow it to waist length but I feel that the usual "Sloppy bun" I usually toss my hair in to for work is rather damaging. Plus I stick pens in my hair all day, a horrible habit!

I am open to all suggestions. I don't really have much experience with buns other than "sloppy buns" and the traditional cinnamon bun. I can't wear ponytails as my hair is thick and very heavy! I look silly in a french braid, I swear my head is strangely shaped!

Any other tips on helping prevent breakage would be greatly appreciated. On another note, favorite cone free conditioner for CO?

Thank you so much! -Kat

Mrs.Witherup
June 12th, 2012, 02:48 AM
You said your hair looks funny in french braids, have you tried dutch?? There's one that I love that I have been wearing a lot, Loepsie's interlaced braids. She has a youTube channel, you should check her out!
Also on youTube with TONS of excellent hairstyle videos (along with nail tutorials and cooking videos!) is Torrin Paige. You have to check out her channel! She's also an LHC'er!!! =)

Madora
June 12th, 2012, 08:18 AM
You might be able to do this two strand lace crown braid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

Torrin Paige videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/torrinpaige?feature=results_main

Good luck!

juicy-glitter
June 12th, 2012, 08:40 AM
I double the crown braid...... ANY type of crown braid would work wonders, very secure and every things out of the way... no rubbing, tangles, ect.

If you can, Try cinnamon bun with spin pins, they work wonders.