PDA

View Full Version : How long..

poppy81
June 11th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Hi everyone,

I was measuring my hair last night in the mirror and with what length I am aiming at for now as I don't want to look too far ahead just yet and get my hopes up, is about 6 inches. I am aiming to grow my hair to BSL and at the moment it is just past my shoulders. But I was slightly dissapointed when I read that hair grows usually 1/2 inch per month, does this mean that my hair is going to take 2 years to get to BSL? :confused: Or am I wrong? I don't want to wait that long, haha!

Thanks for your time. :)

Madora
June 11th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Hi everyone,

I was measuring my hair last night in the mirror and with what length I am aiming at for now as I don't want to look too far ahead just yet and get my hopes up, is about 6 inches. I am aiming to grow my hair to BSL and at the moment it is just past my shoulders. But I was slightly dissapointed when I read that hair grows usually 1/2 inch per month, does this mean that my hair is going to take 2 years to get to BSL? :confused: Or am I wrong? I don't want to wait that long, haha!

Thanks for your time. :)

On average, hair growth is 1/2 inch per month. Some people grow faster, some slower. A lot depends on your genes, your diet, how much exercise you do..and how gently you care for your hair.

Attaining long hair is a matter of patience, as many here can attest (myself included). Good luck!

IvanaGil
June 11th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Hair growth varies. I've heard some people that grow 2 inches every month, and other who grow as little as 1/4 of an inch. If your hair were to grow 1/2 an inch a month, you would gain 6 inches in a year, assuming you don't trim. Don't be discouraged. Try not to obsess over the length. I did, and it's not a road you want to be on lol.
Hope this helped! :)

jeanniet
June 11th, 2012, 07:34 PM
6" is a year's growth, on average, so it would be about a year for you. I grew from chin to waist in about two years, with some microtrimming. My best advice is not to get too hung up on measuring. I take pictures every few months and judge my progress from those.

juicy-glitter
June 11th, 2012, 07:59 PM
I'll defiantly vouch for the "don't obsess over measuring" Take your tape and give it to someone you trust not to loose it.... Then in 4-5 months, ask for it back, &see how happy you get! Or... start putting your hair up everyday &dont look at it... one day youll feel it hit somewhere on your back and be surprised (happened to me too) Just wish you luck &happy growing!:D

caadam
June 11th, 2012, 08:33 PM
The ore you think about it, the more you'll psych yourself out and will be disappointed. I don't worry about measuring, even though I'm anxious for my hair to grow. I'll have moments where I'm like, "Y U NO GROW?" Then forget about it for a month, only to come back and see an extra half inch, or even a full inch (sometimes I won't even think about measuring for months)! Just be patient with your body.

If the average person grows .5" every month, that means you will be able to grow around 6" in one years. 12 months x .5 inches = 6 inches! So no worries. It'll be one year before you know it. ;) Just enjoy what you got for now, I say.

battles
June 11th, 2012, 09:04 PM
It will get there when it gets there. :) Just sit back and enjoy your current length and all the lengths in between! I think it's part of the fun of growing long hair.

myHairGrowth
June 11th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I agree with others here. Don't be obsessed with the length when you are not noticing you ll actually see growth.

poppy81
June 12th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks so much for your help everyone, I don't know where my head was at, I totally calculated wrong! That is much nicer to hear, I can wait a year. :-) And yes, I will try not to obsess about my growth every time I look in the mirror.

Amber_Maiden
June 12th, 2012, 03:39 PM
6" is a year's growth, on average, so it would be about a year for you. I grew from chin to waist in about two years, with some microtrimming. My best advice is not to get too hung up on measuring. I take pictures every few months and judge my progress from those.

On average, hair growth is 1/2 inch per month. Some people grow faster, some slower. A lot depends on your genes, your diet, how much exercise you do..and how gently you care for your hair.

Attaining long hair is a matter of patience, as many here can attest (myself included). Good luck!

I agree with both of these answers.

jacqueline101
June 12th, 2012, 03:48 PM
It takes a lot of time. I found it best not to worry and wear my hair up forget looking at it all the time. I agree hiding your tape measure for a while.

prettykitty
June 12th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I only measure once or twice a year, same for length shots. It's a nice surprise when I see it because it's usually bunned and I don't notice it.

HumanBean
June 12th, 2012, 04:47 PM
My last cut was last July, at shoulder then. So it's been a year and I am just hitting BSL (very top of my bra band) now.