PDA

View Full Version : Three years after megachop...

Tabihito
June 11th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I got a haircut yesterday. That being said, I only lost an inch or so, but it desperately needed some shaping up since I want it to look nice down (and I'm still growing out bangs). It's not as though it was a drastic cut. Nothing like what I did a few years ago. When I joined this site, my hair was SHORT. As in the only "style" I could do was a bad impression of Edward Cullen. Turns out, my hair is silly and uncooperative when it's very short.

At that point, I never really thought I would manage to have long hair. I wasn't sure I could make it through the awkward stages, and since high school I hadn't had hair any longer than APL. I didn't know it was possible to get my hair caught in my bra clasps, or that I would soon be intentionally putting oil in my hair. But I was stubborn, persevered, and I finally feel like my hair is getting long. Not by LHC standards, of course, but by most of American society.

I certainly never thought that I would have hair this long that wasn't a huge mess. I still don't know how long I'll be able to grow my hair, but I've recently been very inspired by some folks with thin and/or fine hair who still manage to grow to amazing lengths. In a few more years, I hope to count myself among you!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a127/meisrunner/IMG_05742.jpg

That's what three and a half years of growth (minus a bunch of trims, especially when I was in Mulletville) looks like on me, as well as vastly improved hair health. Also, mostly-straight blowdried-ness.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a127/meisrunner/IMG_05762.jpg

I love my hair color. I used to hate it, honestly. I thought it was just brown and kinda bland. Though henna is too red for me, I love the faint red remnants that still come out in the sun in the bottom half- and I'm discovering never-before-noticed red undertones even in my natural haircolor.

I'm going to be a little sad when I have to wash my hair in a couple of days, because I really like how easy it is to just wear my hair down when it's straight. I don't have to worry about it doing something silly like curling around my glasses, or trying to eat my purse. On the other hand, I love my wurls, so it'll be nice to have them back.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a127/meisrunner/IMG_05788.jpg

Also, I'd like to thank my cameraman: trusty old chair with three clamps attached to it.

MintChocChip
June 11th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Your hair looks lovely! It looks super healthy.

spidermom
June 11th, 2012, 03:36 PM
My compliments to your photographer.

meishkamooshka
June 11th, 2012, 03:38 PM
^ I second that and the previous poster!

Ticky
June 11th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Your hair is beautiful! And the camera man is just charming :D

ladylowtide
June 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Congrats. I definitely think your hair is now officially considered long! It is so beautiful and shiny too. You've done a great job with your hair. :)

lapushka
June 11th, 2012, 04:41 PM
That's an amazing journey, congrats. :thumbsup: And my compliments to your cameraman. ;)

LaFlor
June 11th, 2012, 04:45 PM
pretty! It must have felt like forever to grow!

BrightEyes
June 11th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Your hair is beautiful! I love the color:)

Falcore
June 11th, 2012, 06:32 PM
ooooh so healthy!

afu
June 11th, 2012, 06:38 PM
wow, well done for sticking with it :) you have come so far from your pixie

Quetiepi
June 11th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I love the color of your hair! It is just beautiful!

patienceneeded
June 11th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Love your hair! It looks so healthy and shiny!

MiamiPineapple
June 11th, 2012, 08:29 PM
You have very beautiful hair

Jesabel
June 11th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Wow your hair looks so good, and I also love the colour :grin:

pink.sara
June 12th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Gorgeous hair, congratulations on your growth!

hellucy
June 12th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Your hair looks gorgeous, shiny & healthy :applause
Your cameraman did a great job too!

Loreley
June 12th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Your hair looks very healthy! On these pics it looks much thicker than i/ii. :)

Emme76
June 12th, 2012, 03:25 AM
WOW :bigeyes:!!!! Just amazing. And what an inspiration. I need this :). What is your hairtype? My hair is now between chin and shoulder and my ends are super flippy. It is driving me crazy.

And how did you stay so focused on your goal? And what is your routine?

Truely an inspiration! Thank you :blossom:

mckenzie
June 12th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Your hair is beautiful & healthy looking. I noticed that you put your hairtype down as i/ii, but it looks really full!

Tabihito
June 12th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Thanks guys! It's certainly been a long journey, and will only get longer. Hardy har har, bad puns, I know.

As for hairtype, it does look thicker for some reason, but my ponytail circumference is still measuring at exactly 2".

based goddess
June 12th, 2012, 01:40 PM
My compliments to your photographer.

LOOOOL

Your hair is coming along beautifully, I wish you ALL the luck in growing it out!

Amber_Maiden
June 12th, 2012, 01:53 PM
very pretty!!!

nobeltonya
June 12th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Yes. I used to always keep my hair short [like pixie short] b/c I thought it was easier to manage.. but I couldn't do anything with it, and I looked like a boy. Then, when I finally did try to grow it, I hadn't gotten any longer than shoulder.. but was horrible at brushing roughly and ripping knots out, always wearing it up in a messy bun with a hair elastic.. never oiled or conditioned.. then I got tired of having to go get it trimmed every few weeks and just started to let it grow.. and then I started experimenting with oiling regularly, and finally started using conditioner and leave-in. Now, my hair is happy and long. And I can trim it myself. :rolling:

newbeginning
June 12th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I really like your texture and cut.

OUKess
June 12th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Hair looks great!!!

jacqueline101
June 12th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Your hair looks great.

kidari
June 12th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Your hair is gorgeous- so shiny, bouncy, and full!

dakota77
June 12th, 2012, 04:13 PM
The shine on your hair is beautiful! Well done on the growing!