PDA

View Full Version : Henna Sooq

RitaCeleste
June 11th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Okay, I just did an order for Red Raj and some Yemeni! I have a little problem. I filled out the form and asked it to be shipped to an address different that the billing address. I'm in the middle of a move and I haven't yet changed my address. Ofcourse with paypal I said ship to my old address so they didn't redflag my payment. If it goes to my old address, I'll still get it. If it goes to the name and address I requested it sent to, I'll get it here too. I couldn't wait till I got everything straightened out.:rolleyes: I am now wondering about how long it will be before I can get it and try my henna? No pressure, I just want it yesterday! :D How fast are they?

Ephemeral
June 11th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Ha ha! I just got red raj and Yemeni also. It came in about a week.

RitaCeleste
June 11th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks! My chemical color has faded out, I've got roots 3 inches long. I need that order! I'm so excited! Which one did you use first? I was thinking I'd do the Red Raj and then the Yemeni if it wasn't that dark or didn't stick to my colored to death hair. I've never been good at root only applications, I hope I can manage henna. I had read the Raj would build up and go darker than the Yemeni so I ended up ordering both.

Ephemeral
June 11th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Thanks! My chemical color has faded out, I've got roots 3 inches long. I need that order! I'm so excited! Which one did you use first? I was thinking I'd do the Red Raj and then the Yemeni if it wasn't that dark or didn't stick to my colored to death hair. I've never been good at root only applications, I hope I can manage henna. I had read the Raj would build up and go darker than the Yemeni so I ended up ordering both.

Exactly my thoughts! Will be applying red raj on Friday....let me know how yours works out!!

RitaCeleste
June 11th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I will! If you have a camera I'd love to see how yours turns out. My hair is about as light as yours right now, well most of it. I'll hunt my sister down and make her take new hair pictures with her phone and email them to me. She hates it when I do that. I might have to bribe her and invite her over to use the pool or the computer or something.

Ephemeral
June 11th, 2012, 03:45 PM
I also have about two inches of roots. The color in my avatar was L'Oreal medium golden brown. I have used Clairol Beautiful reddish brown the last two months, so it is a tad darker now and the underneath was manic panic fuschia shock.

I tried a henna gloss today with a bit of red raj, but had to wash it out after half an hour cause my hubby came home early. Dang it!! So, hopefully, friday, I will do the full on henna and my roots and gray will be gone. And I will officially be a henna head!

This is fun doing it at the same time.....I can't wait to see how yours come out. I had hubby take a current pic today so I wil have a before and after.

RitaCeleste
June 11th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Mine is Red that faded to a lighter auburn, it got some medium auburn left underneath. I have dark roots, my hair looks black/brown at the root but it always lightens with time to a nondescript brown. Its not a rich brown with red, its not a honey brown, its a "I found a field and rolled in the stinking dirt brown" Which is why I must color it or shave it all off! :D

ravenreed
June 11th, 2012, 03:58 PM
My experience with Henna Sooq has been very positive. Fast shipping and fast response to any questions/concerns.

cmg
June 11th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Is there anywhere else you could get something like Red Raj? The freight costs, taxes etc from USA would kill me :mad:

/ CMG

RitaCeleste
June 11th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Do you have any ethnic stores there that might sell henna? I hear people saying Iranian Henna was really good. Not that I can get that in the US and try it with the sanctions.

cmg
June 11th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Not much of a selection here I'm afraid. They usually carry some terped henna for body art and all sorts of hennas whith the chemical stuff in them. And then they might have "henna". If you are lucky, its a good one. I just found some (sold out of a big sack :eek: in a store that I havent tried yet. Usually these types are sorta Pakistani-Indian type with a bright stain.

/ CMG

RitaCeleste
June 11th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Start a thread! Maybe someone from Sweden will be able to help you out. Its hard to find stuff without starting a thread sometimes. Google can be such a pain.

cmg
June 12th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Of course. Youre right! :)

RitaCeleste
June 14th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Mine came today! So tomorrow I'll give it a shot. I'm a bit afraid of the mess I'm gonna make. I'm going to go get a bowl and a brush.

SilverDoe
June 14th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Is there anywhere else you could get something like Red Raj? The freight costs, taxes etc from USA would kill me :mad:

/ CMG

When you purchase up to 300g, the shipping to Sweden is only $16.95.
My two orders were not snatched up by customs so there were no additional fees. :cheese:

cmg
June 14th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Ha ha thats good :D

But that is still very costly because I would use up to 250 grams for a fullhead-treatment (1-2 ggr/mån). Perhaps if we are a few people who order a larger amount together, this would pay off better.

I still have to try out the new henna I bought last week in the new Asian shop :cheese: It might be a good one, who knows.:)

/ CMG

Ephemeral
June 14th, 2012, 03:22 PM

I did it!! My roots are still a little darker than the rest but blended now and I'm hoping my silvers oxidize a little redder but I am very happy with my color. I mixed the Red Raj with warm black tea and a splash of red wine and froze it last night and then mixed a tablespoon of coconut oil and some conditioner in it this morning. Left it on for 3 hours and now I smell like fresh mown hay.

This is so much more fun than box dye! :)

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p572/9Ephemeral9/IMG_0303.jpg

red-again
June 14th, 2012, 03:38 PM

But that is still very costly because I would use up to 250 grams for a fullhead-treatment (1-2 ggr/mån). Perhaps if we are a few people who order a larger amount together, this would pay off better.

I still have to try out the new henna I bought last week in the new Asian shop :cheese: It might be a good one, who knows.:)

/ CMG

I just got my box today, the shipping was £
$80 on its own but I decided if I ordered enough, well it made sense!! I got an email saying the shipping had been overcharged and I got $20' refunded. So all in, for good stuff it works out ok really, compared to using two box dyes each time etc!

Also, what length is your hair? Mine is APL/BSL and I use just 100g. Might work out less than you think?

Ephemeral
June 14th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I just got my box today, the shipping was £
$80 on its own but I decided if I ordered enough, well it made sense!! I got an email saying the shipping had been overcharged and I got $20' refunded. So all in, for good stuff it works out ok really, compared to using two box dyes each time etc!

Also, what length is your hair? Mine is APL/BSL and I use just 100g. Might work out less than you think?

Mine is APL and I used about 50g mixed with conditioner. It made it spread easy and seemed to color good.

RitaCeleste
June 14th, 2012, 07:24 PM
I'm gonna go mix mine and freeze it!

SilverDoe
June 15th, 2012, 01:26 AM

/ CMG

But do you really need to use that much?
I'm almost at BSL 2.3"/5.8cm thickness, and 100g is actually a tiny bit too much, even if many splotches end up on the floor. :o Many also use less of Red Raj as it's quite stringy.
Red Raj is also so extremely strong color wise, after 2-3 treatments I'm sure you'll move on to roots only/glosses to prevent it going too dark.

I don't think a larger amount would be cheaper. The shipping becomes much more expensive as soon as you go over 300g, it's basically cheaper to order multiple times instead.

RitaCeleste
June 15th, 2012, 08:20 AM
My hair is waist length and 200 grams of this stuff is a lot. I mixed up 300mg and it was a huge amount. I might get two full treatments out of that amount. I added a lot of water and it was still clumpy and thick. I had to get a bigger bowl and move to it. I'm going to be very unprofessional and mush it in. I have a brush but I can't see myself getting the back of my head this way. The dye itself comes from India if that helps you locate a different supply for it. I'll let you know after I apply it if I'll get two treatments out of 300mg.

RitaCeleste
June 15th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Out of 300g, I got two treatments! I think a little more than half was left over. Is this going to turn out red or day glow orange? I got a spot on my skin and its really neon orange. I was picturing really red results. Did I botch it by freezing it early?:( I know people said it was orangy before it oxidizes but its looking pumpkin orange.

Ephemeral
June 15th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Out of 300g, I got two treatments! I think a little more than half was left over. Is this going to turn out red or day glow orange? I got a spot on my skin and its really neon orange. I was picturing really red results. Did I botch it by freezing it early?:( I know people said it was orangy before it oxidizes but its looking pumpkin orange.

Mine came out a lovely red and now on day 2, my silvers which were orange, are now oxidized to a more reddish color. I am very happy with it and you should be too. (It was orange on my hand also).

RitaCeleste
June 15th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks! I like the pic of how yours turned out. I wonder if it will straighten my hair? I've read it does some people's. My waves resist being pulled out by other means. Perms and straighteners don't neutralize right so I always end up with heinous damage. If it straightens it, I'd be really happy, but if it doesn't I'm gonna try not to poke my lip out over it. :D

Ephemeral
June 15th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I need to take a pic in the sunlight (it's been overcast at the beach here - constant marine layer); the color is better than it looks in the pic. I like the difference between henna and box dye. The color is not uniform with henna - it colors reach hair individually so my hair has many different shades. My silvers (which kinda worried me yesterday because they were fairly orange) are a nice red.

I think the straightening effect may build up with each application. I have curly hair in some spots; they seem less frizzy then normal. And my hair is really soft and shiny today. Although it did suck up a lot of coconut oil (and I had drenched it in oil the night before I did the henna).

I can't wait to see how yours turns out!!

RitaCeleste
June 15th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I'm gonna start a thread, ever have to go out with your hair in a bag? The pool sprung a leak. So I tried Fred's for a repair kit. No luck and no AC in the car. Walked all over Walmart looking for a pool repair kit. Had to ask. A very nice man showed me where it was. By the time I hit the checkout line, I was dripping. The check out person got me a paper towel. When I explained it was henna and I had to leave it on for 4 hours the woman ahead of me and the lady looked at me as if I had lost my ever loving mind! But thanks to the paper towel, my face and neck were saved. I fixed the pool and am still drippy. GRRRR!

Ephemeral
June 15th, 2012, 02:41 PM
There is no way I was going out of my apartment - not even to walk my dogs. OMG I have such sympathy for you!

Scarlet_Heart
June 15th, 2012, 03:17 PM

/ CMG

I know everyone's hair is different, but for APL (according to the info under your name), you shouldn't need 250g of henna. Are you making your paste really thick? Because you could get away with making it a little thinner.

I make mine the consistency of yogurt/pudding and apply it to wet hair and still get a lot of color (on waist-length hair). I tried it thick and on dry hair the first two times and it was a lot easier to distribute it when it was runnier and applied to wet hair. And I didn't notice a change in color uptake. Just something to think about.

cmg
June 15th, 2012, 07:40 PM
I typically use the same amount of henna, regardless of brand. But depending on what colour I want, I use more or less henna and mix it with fex cassia of course.

I dont use 250 gr every time though, this was when I had some longer hair and did full hennas. Nowadays I use perhaps half of that when I do root touch ups. But still, I guess people with 1 or 2 type hair also have shorter overall length to cover, compared to 3:s or 4:s. Even with thin and fine hair it can suck up some serious henna :D

I remember doing an emergency hennaing once, with only 100something grams (on shoulder length hair). I had to make it really runny and I hated it. It didnt cover perfectly at temples and other places where it was too runny or rubbed off. :pumpkin:

/ CMG

RitaCeleste
June 16th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Now I know why I some brown at my root areas. I got sweaty and dripped so it must not have stuck as well near my scalp. I left the Red Raj on for about 5 hours and got a seriously dark red almost everywhere though. I don't mind the glow when its back-lit, its like the sun is captured in your hair! It has serious shine now. I loved the results. I am going to enjoy the color and do another application later to darken the red more so it blends better with my dark roots. My hair feels strong, and a little dry so I'm going to oil first next time. It takes way longer than chemical dye but its the same WOW! when you see the color.:cheese: It didn't straighten it much, especially at the root. It made my hair there smoother and less rough but not the same effect on my texture as chemicals. Maybe after a few more applications it will be more silk, less wire?

Scarlet_Heart
June 16th, 2012, 08:08 AM
I typically use the same amount of henna, regardless of brand. But depending on what colour I want, I use more or less henna and mix it with fex cassia of course.

I dont use 250 gr every time though, this was when I had some longer hair and did full hennas. Nowadays I use perhaps half of that when I do root touch ups. But still, I guess people with 1 or 2 type hair also have shorter overall length to cover, compared to 3:s or 4:s. Even with thin and fine hair it can suck up some serious henna :D

I remember doing an emergency hennaing once, with only 100something grams (on shoulder length hair). I had to make it really runny and I hated it. It didnt cover perfectly at temples and other places where it was too runny or rubbed off. :pumpkin:

/ CMG
Hmm :hmm: I had thick, waist length hair (it's BSL now and I've stopped hennaing) and I would mix up 100g with chamomile tea, coconut oil, and aloe vera juice. I would always have some left over.

RitaCeleste
June 16th, 2012, 08:27 AM
I mixed up 300gs I did a full treatment and I have enough left for another full treatment. It probably took 130g to 150g to do all my hair. I dripped because of sweat, not because the mix was runny. I dripped right behind the ears, sweat was running down the sides of the baggy. I was also dripping at my forehead so I know I was sweating in the heat in that bag. It took me about an hour to get all the mud worked into my hair and make sure I was covered because of my texture of hair. I always end up with a spot or two I miss because the hair just stuck together too much there. I like thinner mixes because they get to more hair faster. This was more like a gel chemical color application than a liquid color application (I usually use liquid for a reason). It was stiff enough my hair dutifully stayed smushed to my head right where and how I put it. I'll never try for thicker mixes, this one was thick enough for me.