PDA

View Full Version : I want to know what you guys think of my new oil!

akilina
June 10th, 2012, 10:08 PM
So I had been eye balling this oil at a discount grocery store the last week or so. I finally gave in and bought it tonight...regularly $25..got it for $4.99! :)

I want to know what you all think in your own experiences?
And...only ONE red flag for me....I am happy I could find a product though that only has one thing that sounds "bad" in it..
Can anyone tell me what that mystery ingredient at the end is? I am not sure about it.

So...
Here are the ingredients :
Jojoba oil
Sweet almond oil
Apricot kernel oil
refined olive oil
Grapeseed oil
Lavender oil
Ylang Ylang oil
Geranium oil
Ethyhexyl methoxycinnamate <-----What the heck is this????
**** I just read that this ingredient is sunscreen, which makes sense because the product says it is a UV protectant.
And also that this product is practically a sister of "Loreal mythic oil"
Anyone ever used this?

TheMechaGinger
June 10th, 2012, 10:16 PM
What's the name of the oil?

akilina
June 10th, 2012, 10:21 PM
It is Color Tek color balance rejuvenating oil.
I am really surprised that I could find something like this...this is just what I have been looking for. No alcohols or cones or anything I can't pronounce...well save for the one on the end of the list but I am not so worried learning that it is sunscreen basically.

HintOfMint
June 10th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Looks great, not too heavy and probably wonderful smelling! Lucky you for getting such a great deal on it!

Ever since my move a few weeks ago, I'm stuck siphoning olive oil from the kitchen. Maybe I'll look into this oil, hopefully I'll find a bargain price for it.

Tisiloves
June 10th, 2012, 10:32 PM
It looks great, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

akilina
June 10th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Looks great, not too heavy and probably wonderful smelling! Lucky you for getting such a great deal on it!

Ever since my move a few weeks ago, I'm stuck siphoning olive oil from the kitchen. Maybe I'll look into this oil, hopefully I'll find a bargain price for it.
It is nice and light for me :] I got it at Grocery Outlet. They have them on the West coast...not sure where you are. I should buy two but I am worried it would go stale...at 2 fl. oz. I feel like this oil will last me a very very very long time. It makes my hair feel thick and so soft. There is also gardenia fragrance in it and it smells very nice. It is in a thick glass bottle with a glass dropper that comes in it.
Another thing that I thought was cool is that this company is out of Carson City, NV.. about 50 miles away from where I lived previously in Nevada.

HintOfMint
June 10th, 2012, 11:06 PM
It is nice and light for me :] I got it at Grocery Outlet. They have them on the West coast...not sure where you are. I should buy two but I am worried it would go stale...at 2 fl. oz. I feel like this oil will last me a very very very long time. It makes my hair feel thick and so soft. There is also gardenia fragrance in it and it smells very nice. It is in a thick glass bottle with a glass dropper that comes in it.
Another thing that I thought was cool is that this company is out of Carson City, NV.. about 50 miles away from where I lived previously in Nevada.

Gardenias, you say? Heaven help me, I want some.

akilina
June 10th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Gardenias, you say? Heaven help me, I want some.

Oh yes! :D Smells like heaven. And the scent seems to kind of linger and its amazing.

caadam
June 10th, 2012, 11:24 PM
I've seen that stuff at Grocery Outlet, too! I didn't get it, though, so I'm kind of jelly right now. lol

It has oils in it I've never tried on my hair, at least not directly. Definitely let us know how it works!

akilina
June 10th, 2012, 11:34 PM
I've seen that stuff at Grocery Outlet, too! I didn't get it, though, so I'm kind of jelly right now. lol

It has oils in it I've never tried on my hair, at least not directly. Definitely let us know how it works!
Wow I'm glad I am not the only one who has seen it! If you have one where you live you should go try to find it!
I really love the stuff. It works amazingly for my hair.

BlazingHeart
June 10th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Ooh, that sounds lovely, especially when you mention the scent! I wish I knew where to find it out here. I think I'd use it on my skin more than my hair (my skin doesn't do well with most lotions, so it's oils for me when my skin is dry). I'd totally trade my half-full jar of coconut oil for one, given the chance!

Also, it sounds like it doesn't actually have gardenia fragrance (no perfume listed, and no gardenia oil), just a good combination of other essential oils.

~Blaze

akilina
June 11th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Ooh, that sounds lovely, especially when you mention the scent! I wish I knew where to find it out here. I think I'd use it on my skin more than my hair (my skin doesn't do well with most lotions, so it's oils for me when my skin is dry). I'd totally trade my half-full jar of coconut oil for one, given the chance!

Also, it sounds like it doesn't actually have gardenia fragrance (no perfume listed, and no gardenia oil), just a good combination of other essential oils.

~Blaze

I did accidentally leave out that it had fragrance in it. I was too excited and skipped it I think >.<
I thought about putting it on my skin. I am sure I will eventually. It is so nice.