PDA

View Full Version : Wen

pandora114
June 10th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Anyone try this stuff? Is it worth the cash? Looking at probably trying some out...

Tizzles
June 10th, 2012, 07:02 PM
My cousin was telling me about this stuff a few months ago, and my response to her was "Why wouldn't you just CO wash?" I don't think Wen lathers, though I could be wrong, as I've never used it. I just remember that being my first response whenever she mentioned it to me.

christine1989
June 10th, 2012, 07:07 PM
There have been a few threads on this topic and the general consensus is that Wen is just like CO washing. Same issues, same benefits. I'd say it's not worth the money when you can just use the conditioner you have.

Amapola
June 10th, 2012, 07:10 PM
The name is kind of awful. It sort of puts me off.

Wildcat Diva
June 10th, 2012, 07:11 PM
I would rather tinker with my own condish, adding more ingredients to suit what my hair needed at the moment, like either moisturizing, clarifying, or protein.

I am thinking that Wen is too expensive as well. (would rather spend the extra money on hair toys!) {slinks off to hair toy addicts thread!})

PixxieStix
June 10th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I have a friend with gorgeous super dark brown/black wurly waist length hair or so who used this for several months and told me that while it smelled really nice, she just didn't see the benefits! She canceled her monthly order and switched to CO washing, and her hair looks even better now!

LaFlor
June 10th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I tried a generic version called "hair one" and I didn't like it. My hair doesn't seem to like co washing, so I guess that could be why.

pandora114
June 10th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Yeah my hair doesn't like CO washing either...I use cone free stuff but It still is all limp and blaaah...I need da poo. rofl.

Darkessa
June 10th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I liked it quite a bit, but not enough for the price...
Its FAAARRR too expensive, and you can pretty much get the same effect from CO washing (like everyone has said)

MiamiPineapple
June 10th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I have tried this in the past. I think it is way too expensive as you need a ton of it to clean your hair each time. They say in the commercial "the more you use the better it works..." AND the more you need to buy it.

I use Suave and Vanart, both about $1 a bottle and get the same results...

Herseytrace
June 10th, 2012, 08:37 PM
I actually have some right now, I dont use it though. After my first wash with it my hair was really soft it kinda ruined my hair though. Lots of people say its really greasy but you got to scrub it in real hard just to make sure. I have the minty flavoured one and its a strong scent. Sucks cause I hate mint.

Kherome
June 10th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Wen IS just conditioner. They just don't mention that. It's merely CO washing, and you can get the same or better results with a .99cent bottle of suave.

Tikilon
June 10th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I used some tonight. I haven't CO washed, combed or done anything to my hair in a week (in too much pain). Wen is best for me when I'm facing serious tangles like this week. My other conditioners done work as well after a week of nothing. However, on a normal week when I CO wash almost daily I use V05 moisture milk AND Suave Shea and Almond. I will buy more when but I don't use it on a regular basis. I also don't use the recommended amount. I don't need it. I'm 1.5" away from WL with thick hair and I still don't need as much as they say to use. If you want to try a bottle for $10 let me know and I will PM you the link I used. They send The smaller bottle with the DC and two other products. Definitely worth the $10!

akilina
June 10th, 2012, 11:00 PM
I think the idea of "hair cleanser" is just another fad.
I got myself a hair cleanser at walmart it came in a brown pump bottle and the only reason I got it was because it came with a free really cool wood comb haha!
I like the cleanser and use it occasionally. I feel like it cleans a little bit more than just CO and I like that. I use a different shampoo and conditioner every time I wash. So when I feel like using this one its nice.
More-so...I really love my free wooden comb that came with more than anything!!

caadam
June 11th, 2012, 01:06 AM
I think it's funny how the commercials say this product is some kind of "new" concept. lol

I'll stick to my Suave rosemary & mint conditioner. It works just as well, and it's way less spendy.

door72067
June 11th, 2012, 05:25 AM
The name is kind of awful. It sort of puts me off.

I read somewhere that "Wen" is "new" spelled backwards and that they chose it because it *makes you think in a different direction*

something like that

pandora114
June 11th, 2012, 05:29 AM
yeah my daughter suggested it to me. Now that I find out it's just a CO wash..I'm like meh..I'll just stick to what works. *as I sit with some coconut oil in my hair for a few hours before shampooing. * I'm still doing the repair from the absolute fry-fest I did to it for the mess dinner the week before last. Glad I don't use heat that often. My hair doesn't like CO only washes though. Stays way too limp..and greasy looking..it's baby fine..even with the henna

Louise148
June 11th, 2012, 05:43 AM
I considered it once but you have to commit to a delivery every month and at quite a cost so I didn't do it. I just CO wash with cheap cone free conditioners.

I have tried one called 'Hair One' which is pretty much the same as Wen but a fration of the cost. It was OK but nothing amazing and about equal to the cheap conditioners I use so I just stick to those.

Lou x

Amanah
June 11th, 2012, 05:47 AM
I tried Suave Coconut for cowashing, it worked well for cleaning my hair, but my scalp always felt dry. I also tried Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose and it left my hair greasy.

Decided to try Hair One Jojoba from Sallys. So far, I'm getting clean hair, with a nice hydrated scalp.

It really comes down to finding what works well for your hair and scalp.

caadam
June 11th, 2012, 06:42 AM
I tried Suave Coconut for cowashing, it worked well for cleaning my hair, but my scalp always felt dry. I also tried Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose and it left my hair greasy.

Decided to try Hair One Jojoba from Sallys. So far, I'm getting clean hair, with a nice hydrated scalp.

It really comes down to finding what works well for your hair and scalp.

Not trying to hijack but just to comment a bit on the bold text:

Amanah, I've experienced the same issue with Suave's conditioners. My hair loves them, but my scalp gets dry. I've found the best way to counter this is through using an oil before COing. I did this recently (an overnight oil treatment a couple of nights ago, then did a deep conditioning treatment to get all the oil off), and it worked very well. My scalp was moisturized, and my hair was literally glittering from all the extra TLC. lol

It might seem like a big hassle, but really... I would estimate that if you don't wash every day, and choose a day to put some oil of your choice on your hair and scalp (not heavily, but enough to do the job), then CO, it would only take 1.75 hours out of your day. And even then, you could do stuff as you let the oil work its magic, and then let the conditioner do the same. Just IMHO, and it's just a suggestion. ;)

Anyway... commence. :cheese:

Indigostreams
June 11th, 2012, 08:45 AM
I started using Wen a few months before finding out about LHC and CO washing. It really did improve the shine and softness of my hair. But after CO washing with other regular conditioners, I'm pretty convinced that Wen is just a VERY expensive CO wash! I wish I had known about CO washing before I went and ordered like 3 bottles of Wen. I ordered them off of Amazon because I didn't want to be sucked into the autoship crap.