PDA

View Full Version : What is my hair color?

IvanaGil
June 10th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I would like to hear anyone's unbiased opinion as to what my hair color really is. Whenever I ask my family, they just say "brown" but there are many shades of brown. I think it's chestnut brown from the pics I saw on Google, but I'm not quite sure.

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6384/58006722138054817251527.jpg

amanda_the_tall
June 10th, 2012, 05:33 PM
it seems gold-ish tinted, or is that just the lighting? i'd say medium golden brown.

IvanaGil
June 10th, 2012, 05:35 PM
it seems gold-ish tinted, or is that just the lighting? i'd say medium golden brown.

My blinds were closed but it was at around 6am so not too much sun

spidermom
June 10th, 2012, 05:47 PM
All I can say for sure is brunette, and a very pretty shade too.

dollyfish
June 10th, 2012, 05:48 PM
It's so hard to tell hair color from photos. My hair looks like a completely different color in every picture I take of it!

From the looks of *this* photo I would call your hair a warm chestnut brown, nearing auburn.

annah
June 10th, 2012, 05:52 PM
It looks chestnut to me. I'm probably wrong though, since I can't figure out my own shade.

IvanaGil
June 10th, 2012, 06:07 PM
All I can say for sure is brunette, and a very pretty shade too.

Thank you! :o

It's so hard to tell hair color from photos. My hair looks like a completely different color in every picture I take of it!

From the looks of *this* photo I would call your hair a warm chestnut brown, nearing auburn.

Sometimes I feel borderline auburn. Glad I'm not the only one who sees it! :p

Tia2010
June 10th, 2012, 06:21 PM
It looks like a warm chestnut with red undertones to me. Very pretty :D

IvanaGil
June 10th, 2012, 06:24 PM
It looks like a warm chestnut with red undertones to me. Very pretty :D

Thank you :D "Red undertones" just made my day! Lol I'm infatuated with gingers, and I wish I was one, but I refuse to dye my hair :shake:

PoppyCakes
June 10th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Oh my goodness! What a beautiful shade and texture! Is this completely natural, I mean the curls too?

IvanaGil
June 10th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Oh my goodness! What a beautiful shade and texture! Is this completely natural, I mean the curls too?

Thank you :D
The color yes, the curls mmm not really. Those are next day rag curls. My hair is naturally wavy/curly in a poofier way :p

door72067
June 10th, 2012, 06:43 PM
I'd lean towards *auburn brown* as well

BanNee's Hair
June 10th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Hmnmmm...Well, obviously its brown. Hmmm...I'd say chestnut as well. That's the hair colour I was aiming for but somehow my hair wanted to be blonde instead. At least I didn't have to cut the ends. :)))

MissManda
June 10th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Your hair color looks similar to my natural color, which often gets called chestnut or golden chestnut. :flower:

IvanaGil
June 11th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Your hair color looks similar to my natural color, which often gets called chestnut or golden chestnut. :flower:

Yes, those golden highlights will be the end of me! :laugh: Oh, how I long to be a redhead...

amantha
June 11th, 2012, 12:39 AM
You and I have almost the exact same hair color, but mine gets slightly more coppery in the sun. I was actually going to start a thread soon asking the exact same question! My hair is usually described as just "brown" to most people, but there's so much red there I feel like it might be a dark auburn. And different lighting makes it look completely different...argh!

Anyway, to answer your question, I would call your hair auburn brown....dark auburn maybe? I think similar names would be chestnut or mahogany brown. Hope that helps! :)

IvanaGil
June 11th, 2012, 12:54 AM
You and I have almost the exact same hair color, but mine gets slightly more coppery in the sun. I was actually going to start a thread soon asking the exact same question! My hair is usually described as just "brown" to most people, but there's so much red there I feel like it might be a dark auburn. And different lighting makes it look completely different...argh!

Anyway, to answer your question, I would call your hair auburn brown....dark auburn maybe? I think similar names would be chestnut or mahogany brown. Hope that helps! :)

Lol anytime I get "auburn" I smile. It's so annoying when people say "brown." I already know it's brown! Give me some details! Lol

onlyforhim
June 11th, 2012, 03:37 AM
It is very beautiful. I think it is brown and yeah chestnut maybe with some red