PDA

View Full Version : Oil splurge

Kitsu
June 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM
It was my Birthday yesterday so Ithought I would treat myself an I've splurged out on a few new oils and I thought I'd try some shea butter whilst I was at it.

I've ordered
50ml Jojoba Golden Oil - 100% Pure Cold Pressed
10ml Jasmine Fragrant Oil
250ml Castor Oil - 100% Pure Cold Pressed
100ml Coconut Fractionated Oil
100g Organic Shea Butter Unrefined
10ml Vanilla Fragrant Oil

So I'm going to have a go at Kimberlillys butters and sprays but is there anything else super fun or handy i can do with these oils rather then just the usual stuff.

Also a quick on on castor oil does it have to be used neat or could i mix it with other oils to make it easier to apply(I've heard its like applying tar to the scalp)

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Kitsu~

afu
June 10th, 2012, 04:40 PM
as far as i know castor can be mixed. Have fun experimenting :D and happy birthday for yesterday

jenni0416
June 10th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Happy belated birthday! I'm waiting for when I can splure on oil but feel like I already have too many I need to finish first... :/ lol

jeanniet
June 10th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Happy Birthday! Castor oil is thick and kind of sticky; you definitely want to mix it with another oil or you'll have a very hard time using it.

PixxieStix
June 10th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Dilute that castor oil, lol! It's quite thick and heavy. Happy birthday by the way!

You could try mixing some of the Shea and jojoba oils together and applying to your face at night after washing for an excellent night cream. :)

RitaPG
June 10th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Castor oil is very sticky on its own and applying it neat can be quite difficult and result in pulling hair. I mix 50-50 castor oil and jojoba before applying it to the scalp and it works nicely that way :)

Happy birthday! :D

Falcore
June 10th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Just wanting to say Happy Birthday for yesterday :D

MiamiPineapple
June 10th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Happy Birthday! I have diluted castor oil with many other oils and gotten great results. Have fun!:cheese:

Kitsu
June 11th, 2012, 01:17 PM
aww thanks for all the happy birthdays! <333

So diluting it the way to go and it doesn't matter which? and that face cream idea sounds blissful~ I want wait for it to arrive now *sits and watches the door*