PDA

View Full Version : Fringe or no fringe? (picture heavy!!!)

dollyfish
June 10th, 2012, 03:39 PM
So most of my life I've had bangs, the classic straight-across kind.
About a year ago I grew out my bangs to the point where they could blend with the rest of my hair, then I missed bangs and cut them in again...

But now I really regret it. I want to grow them out again. But what style should I be going for?

Photo examples:

With bangs...
http://i.imgur.com/SY2m5.png
http://i.imgur.com/fnvFP.png
http://i.imgur.com/6FRh2.png lol food

Without bangs...
http://i.imgur.com/w303d.png
http://i.imgur.com/xcy7x.png
(those are not my glasses I swear)

Long-ish bangs; not straight across... (during the grow-out)
http://i.imgur.com/qgvWb.png

I suppose this will be inherently biased towards whether someone personally prefers a fringe or not. Though I just want to know which suits me better... I'm so indecisive!

shutterpillar
June 10th, 2012, 03:44 PM
If you are looking for an honest opinion about which suits you better... all bias aside, i like bangs on you better. BUT I do think you look great regardless. It really is a matter of what you prefer, because you can do both wonderfully.

battles
June 10th, 2012, 03:47 PM
I think it depends on the look you're going for. I think not having bangs makes you look a little older. I like how you look with bangs, like in the first picture. :)

dollyfish
June 10th, 2012, 03:50 PM
If you are looking for an honest opinion about which suits you better... all bias aside, i like bangs on you better. BUT I do think you look great regardless. It really is a matter of what you prefer, because you can do both wonderfully.

Haha thank you :flower:

I have a hard time deciding because I don't think I look "bad" with or without bangs... But straight across bangs are hard to manage because I have such bad cow licks (in all those pictures my bangs are straightened) so I feel like I might just let them grow to see which stage makes them the most manageable... I'm not sure

quintanion
June 10th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I actually like the no-bangs look on you better - it seems to show off and suit your face shape more. Still, both look good and in the end it comes down to your preference

henné
June 10th, 2012, 03:59 PM
To me, you look better with bangs. I actually love the way you look in bangs. Truth is that you look much younger with them than without ... I wish my hair type allowed for bangs (and my skin on my forehead, which tends to be greasier when I have bangs :( )

You are really pretty in fairytale elfen princess sort of way :) Especially with the bangs :)

Mya
June 10th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Without bangs you look kind of wild, like a cute child. With bangs you look more posh, you have the pin-up look. I personally prefer no bangs (you always have to do touch-ups and style them carefylly, how annoying), but you look good both ways. If you need to style your bangs in the mean time I would go with the style in your last pic, which shows side fringe (if I'm not mistaken). Why don't you try wearing a side split anyway? It's halfway between bangs and no bangs because it covers some forehead anyway, maybe it's what you are looking for.

Amygirl8
June 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM
The straight-across bangs look fantastic on you!
It's your choice in the end, but I'm pro-fringe :]

lapushka
June 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM
I like it better without the bangs.

BrightEyes
June 10th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I like your bangs, I think they look really good on you:)

Tawnylioness
June 10th, 2012, 04:39 PM
im another voter for bangs sorry ^^

Tia2010
June 10th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Well I'm no help because I think you look good either way. I do like the last picture with the long-ish bangs though...but I truly can't decide.

See, no help at all :rolleyes:

Five of Five
June 10th, 2012, 04:52 PM
I am very partial to bangs, and you do look great with them, but I prefer you with no bangs. It shows off your pretty big eyes more!

Mya
June 10th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I prefer you with no bangs. It shows off your pretty big eyes more!
That's a good point.

jacqueline101
I like the first picture.

prettyhairisred
I pretty much like the straight across fringe- very Zoey Dechannel
(or something, forget her last name haha!)

carolinaberry
June 10th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I honestly think you look better with the straight across fringe. I'm not one of those people who as a hard and fast rule about bangs (some hate them on everyone, some love them regardless)...I think it depends on many things, features, face shape, overall "look" of the girl. Without bangs, I think you look a lot like Elizabeth Banks. She's lovely, but I think the fringe flatters you more.

ladylowtide
June 10th, 2012, 05:42 PM
No bangs.

I think a lot of your facial beauty stems from the shape of your eyes and eyebrows. I wouldn't cover it up with bangs IMO. To me without the bangs you look like a model, and with the bangs, you look like a pretty girl with bangs.

That being said, I think if you opted for bangs I would go for something more revealing than a low blunt straight fringe. just my :twocents:

Macaroni
June 10th, 2012, 05:42 PM
I think you look great with straight across bangs.

verylittlecarro
June 10th, 2012, 05:58 PM
You're lucky to suit both ways. I think you have such a pretty face and the no fringe styles have a fresh, chic look on you, so my vote is for no fringe.

IvanaGil
June 10th, 2012, 06:20 PM
You look adorable with bangs! Sooo cute! Only some people can pull of that blunt fringe, and you're one of those people :)

MintChocChip
June 10th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I vote for without a fringe. But both options look pretty on you.

dollyfish
June 10th, 2012, 08:05 PM
No bangs.

I think a lot of your facial beauty stems from the shape of your eyes and eyebrows. I wouldn't cover it up with bangs IMO. To me without the bangs you look like a model, and with the bangs, you look like a pretty girl with bangs.

That being said, I think if you opted for bangs I would go for something more revealing than a low blunt straight fringe. just my :twocents:

I think this explanation makes the most sense to me. I'll try to grow my bangs out into wispies :)

HumanBean
June 10th, 2012, 09:02 PM
My favorite shot is #1 by far ( adorable) , then 3, 4 and 6. I notice that in 4 and 6 you still have some sideswept action going on. So I say I must prefer you with fringe!

moralita
June 10th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Wow, finally running into you on this site!

and my humble vote goes to:
straight-across fringe!!!

I just cut mine and I'm in the same "ugh, why did I do that" stage.
My cowlick is off the hook. It's wild. I feel your pain. Anti-humectants work to a certain degree, and I find that to be helpful in preventing even worse cowlick action by the end of the day.

While fringe is high maintenance, I think it's beautiful on you.

Micayla47
June 10th, 2012, 10:24 PM
i love the bangs on you. you have a very young, sweet face and bangs work on you. since you go back and forth (me too) have you thought of trying clip in bangs? you can get them straight across, angled, or side bangs. :)

mckenzie
June 10th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Hi,
I love the bangs on you. Very fresh/innocent & edgy at the same time.

Tisiloves
June 10th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I think the long ones looked best :flower:

Oksana
June 11th, 2012, 06:41 AM
I normally like a fringe but I actually prefer them grown out on you :)

Colourful
June 11th, 2012, 06:44 AM
You are beautiful either way. But if you ask: with bangs.

Sisgoldenhair65
June 11th, 2012, 09:07 AM
You are so adorable both ways....sorry I can't help. :)

buttercupmcgee
June 11th, 2012, 09:09 AM
I love bangs in general, and on you! However, my vote goes toward no bangs, only because I love your eyebrows and feel they really add something special to your face.

dollyfish
June 11th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Wow, finally running into you on this site!

and my humble vote goes to:
straight-across fringe!!!

I just cut mine and I'm in the same "ugh, why did I do that" stage.
My cowlick is off the hook. It's wild. I feel your pain. Anti-humectants work to a certain degree, and I find that to be helpful in preventing even worse cowlick action by the end of the day.

While fringe is high maintenance, I think it's beautiful on you.

Holy crap! Hello! :) How's your hair doing? lol

I've never even heard of anti-humectants but now I'm gonna have to look that up. Desperately searching for anything that might handle cow licks at the moment...

I think I might just grow my bangs till they reach just above my eyes. Then they're more versatile and if I get bored I can always experiment. I think my real problem is with stagnation more than anything else.

moralita
June 11th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Hello!!!

My hair is doing pretty well! It's currently very soft (it's taken me almost a year to figure out things that work for my non chemically-processed hair, ha. It's a whole different game.) I think it's about the same length as yours, judging from your signature pictures-- mine has lots of layers and it curls up somewhat, but I'm shorter than you neck-wise, I think, so less hair is required to reach APL.

Do you use henna? It looks so red in that second picture!

p.s. A long time ago I found something called Chi Straight Guard really cheap at Marshall's, and since I only use it on my bangs it's lasted a long, long time. my hair hated that product when it was chemically processed.

And yes, stagnation. I thought I cut my bangs much shorter than I did... I washed this morning and they are about eyebrow level when straightened, hm. Seems to work. Sometimes I swear my hair will just grow an inch overnight after not growing for a few weeks.