PDA

View Full Version : Post-shed regrowth...arg!

BlazingHeart
June 10th, 2012, 03:24 PM
AGH! My hair is getting into everything! I had a big shed that ended I guess late June/early July last year, so now I've got regrowth. My hair grows fast, so my regrowth is up to 14 inches long (measured from scalp), most of it is over 6 inches long. It's driving me up the wall! My hair looks fuzzy no matter what I do, and it keeps poking me in the eyes and getting in my mouth, and getting in the way when I kiss my DF...GRR.

Obviously, because each hair is on a different growth cycle, there's always a little bit of regrowth, but I lost about 1/5 of my hair, so there are a lot more short hairs than usual, which makes them harder to control.

Anyone else dealing with annoying regrowth?

~Blaze

MsBubbles
June 10th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Yep! Me too! But I'm glad it's regrowing at all. I have fine hair, so my halo feels like a spiderweb over my face most of the time. It's ok though, I like the messy updo look!

Vintagecoilylocks
June 11th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Five year shed ended last year. I have so many layers of regrowth and thin area but I too am just so greatful it is growing back. My shed was so severe it created these unatural layers. I guess that was based on the different growth rate of the areas of my hair. With my curly hair the ends stick out all the way down. My braids taper to a fine point. But hurray for regrowth. Definately beats being bald.:o

I have about 5 years before I can even plan on a normal thickness and hem line.

Silverbrumby
June 11th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I had a halo but they are now around 6 to 7 inches long or shed. Unless it's foggy or raining ;-)