PDA

View Full Version : Link full of long hairs

liseling
July 31st, 2008, 05:01 AM
here's a link to all sorts of long hair pics that I found quite interesting:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://members.lycos.nl/hairaffair/Blank%2520Page%25205_files/image045.jpg&imgrefurl=http://members.lycos.nl/hairaffair/Blank%2520Page%25205.htm&h=430&w=326&sz=9&hl=en&start=4&sig2=dgVW4uMaM9W8err6dE1ExQ&um=1&tbnid=m2YEqsC48xetYM:&tbnh=126&tbnw=96&ei=6ZORSMXbFJm4wQG64aGiBw&prev=/images%3Fq%3DCrystal%2BGayle%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26 client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN

sipnsun
July 31st, 2008, 07:38 AM
All I can say is WOW! Those were some great pics and I haven't seen any of the newer ones before. I think Cindy Christian and the Dutch lady were my favorites! Thanks for sharing.

Siava
July 31st, 2008, 07:43 AM
I think it's interesting that longhairs were circus attractions when having long hair used to be the norm (wasn't it? I could be wrong, of course). Makes me wonder if they were considered beautiful or freaks or even beautiful freaks.

Liluri
July 31st, 2008, 08:35 AM
I think it's interesting that longhairs were circus attractions when having long hair used to be the norm (wasn't it? I could be wrong, of course). Makes me wonder if they were considered beautiful or freaks or even beautiful freaks.

Well it makes sense to me :) Long hair wouldn't normally been seen down, out and about so it could be a "thing" for men to admire, if you know what I mean or you'd get claims of longest thickest hair in the world, which women might go and take a look at to compare.

minkstole
July 31st, 2008, 08:49 AM
I would say, for me personally, this is too much of a good thing.

Haith
July 31st, 2008, 09:53 AM
I love the fashion most of all! Especially the last picture of the hair contest in the 20's.

ladystar
July 31st, 2008, 10:00 AM
This is a really cool link thanks.

Siava
July 31st, 2008, 10:20 AM
I love the fashion most of all! Especially the last picture of the hair contest in the 20's.

I noticed that, too! Fun pictures. Thanks so much for sharing the link.

spidermom
July 31st, 2008, 10:24 AM
Didn't the same link get posted last week?

AJoifulNoise
July 31st, 2008, 10:27 AM

Less than that, actually.

NurseMama
July 31st, 2008, 11:33 AM
Great pics! I have a question though... Why do y'all think that the ladies in the older photos with all of the beautiful braid waves have hair that looks frizzy? Using the BBB too much maybe?

liseling
July 31st, 2008, 03:43 PM

Oh - if so, sorry about that. Anyway it looks like some people are enjoying the pics! I know I hadnt seen them before.

Why do y'all think that the ladies in the older photos with all of the beautiful braid waves have hair that looks frizzy? Using the BBB too much maybe?

I dont know - I think it's a lovely frizz with the braid waves. But I know my curls would never look that good if I brushed them out. I wonder what curly women did back then... brushed it anyway? I seem to recall a post long ago that outlined hair care advice for a contemporary women's magazine or something that said to brush with a BBB every day and give it 100 strokes. If I did that I'd always look like I was in the 'curlies brush out your hair' thread!