PDA

View Full Version : Mixed chicks shampo. Anyone know anything about it?

eicamawa
June 10th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I was in New York a one and a half month ago, and I was recomended this mixed chick shampoo. I was happy with it as it made my hair soft and shiny, and thought about bying a conditioner to it. But as I go into their webside, I see that this is actually a shampoo for curly hair, which I don't have. Not at all. So is there anything against me using this shampoo? As a straight hair person? Anyone tried this shampoo/conditioner before? Should I continue to use this shampoo, or should I change? (and to what, if you have something in mind).
LHC, I need all of your expertice :)

tohavelongcurls
June 10th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I'm hardly an expert, but I don't see anything wrong with using curly hair shampoo for straight hair if it makes your hair happy. I would go by how your hair feels after using it, not by the label. But then again, I'm not really sure what the difference is between curly haired shampoo and normal shampoo.

patienceneeded
June 10th, 2012, 02:49 PM
"Curly hair" shampoo most likely has more moisturizing ingredients in it. It won't harm straight hair.

pepperminttea
June 10th, 2012, 03:05 PM
If your hair likes it, go with it. :) I use conditioners for coloured and damaged hair, neither of which I have, but my hair likes them all the same.

lapushka
June 10th, 2012, 03:34 PM
There's nothing wrong with you using that shampoo. Like others have already said, chances are it's just more moisturizing than a regular shampoo. If your hair likes it, stick with it. You could use cheaper alternatives to this, though, such as shampoos for dry and/or damaged hair. They also contain more moisturizing ingredients.

eicamawa
June 10th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Okey, thank you for your help :)

Debra83
June 10th, 2012, 10:07 PM
I loved the leave in conditioner!