PDA

View Full Version : question

Tawnylioness
June 9th, 2012, 08:11 PM
ok, so virgin hair is non dyed hair...

henna'd hair is a dye and so when you have henna in, you dont have virgin hair..

so when you use cassia...its not a dye so you should still have virgin hair...but cassia is like putting henna in your hair but without the colour...so you have non coloured non virgin hair? *confused*

GlennaGirl
June 9th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I don't know, and I don't worry too much about it. :p The "quest for all virgin" is a train I'm jumping off of now so I can just enjoy my hair!

Virgin probably means no color, perms or straightening, including natural coloring. Since cassia sort of doesn't color/stain but sort of does (depending upon the hair and the person) but sort of gives more shine and maybe more golden but...but...Well, who knows, honestly.

But it doesn't matter so much -- right? Just enjoy. You don't have to be a "certified virgin" to be a good caretaker of your hair. ;)

MiamiPineapple
June 9th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Cassia is not a dye so it would still be virgin

Tisiloves
June 9th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I always equated virgin with the whole lot being pretty much as it is at the roots ergo cassiaed hair would still be virgin, because cassia's basically a protein treatment and no one has ever said their hair's non-virgin because they protein packed it.

IvanaGil
June 9th, 2012, 08:21 PM
I'm confused as to what cassia is? Do you buy this and do it yourself or do you have to drink it or what?? lol I have all virgin hair, so i have no clue as to what cassia is. :confused:

Tawnylioness
June 9th, 2012, 08:25 PM
I'm confused as to what cassia is? Do you buy this and do it yourself or do you have to drink it or what?? lol I have all virgin hair, so i have no clue as to what cassia is. :confused:

cassia is a mushed up plant that turns to mud when mixed with water :D supposed to make hair stronger and nicer when applyed to hair...although i used it for the first time 2 days ado and my hair is now abysmally dry and i cannot for the life of me get the tangles out of my velcro ends :( usually my hair is silky smooth and detangles easy

Tisiloves
June 9th, 2012, 08:31 PM
cassia is a mushed up plant that turns to mud when mixed with water :D supposed to make hair stronger and nicer when applyed to hair...although i used it for the first time 2 days ado and my hair is now abysmally dry and i cannot for the life of me get the tangles out of my velcro ends :( usually my hair is silky smooth and detangles easy

You seem to have a bit of a protein overload going, have you tried a heavy oil and an SMT:http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128

IvanaGil
June 9th, 2012, 08:33 PM

Oh, so the application process is similar to henna? Does anyone know where cassia is sold? Besides online.

Tawnylioness
June 9th, 2012, 08:33 PM
You seem to have a bit of a protein overload going, have you tried a heavy oil and an SMT:http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128

oh! silly me i diddnt realise cassia was a protien! that makes sense, my hair was this way after i mushed an avocado in it when i first joined lhc too :D thankyou ^^ i will do an smt tonight!

Tawnylioness
June 9th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Oh, so the application process is similar to henna? Does anyone know where cassia is sold? Besides online.

i got mine from a health shop across the way, indian shops also have them

IvanaGil
June 9th, 2012, 08:36 PM
i got mine from a health shop across the way, indian shops also have them

Oh, okay. Thanks :D I might try it out :eyebrows: