PDA

View Full Version : Admiration

Tawnylioness
June 9th, 2012, 04:54 PM
So i have been admiring two things while watching vampire diaries, the first being Ian Somerhalder's eyes, the second being Nina Dobrev's hair....she told reporters of her hair care regimen a little while ago, she uses super high market expensive shampoos and conditioners , at the time i envied the fact that she could afford such pricey things to make her hair beautiful, but then i joined the LHC, and i chuckle a little because alot of the members here have hair just as beautiful, that i envy just the same, and all they use is $2 condish and coconut oil :)

kudo's

Ndayeni
June 9th, 2012, 05:25 PM
I agree that Nina Dobrev has lovely hair, and she seems to be a very nice person from the interviews I have seen with her. I haven't seen the interview you're referring to, though knowing a bit about how celebrities work, odds are decent that if she named specific brands it was because she's been paid to promote their products by saying she uses them. Now, I have nothing but respect for Ms. Dobrev, and I'm not saying she's a liar, since I'd imagine she'd at least try them out before putting her name behind them, but...just saying. It seems to be the nature of the business to not give anything away for free.

Whatever she does for her hair, I can only wish mine looked like hers does. I'd give much to have such sleek straight hair that can be styled in umpteen different ways and look nice instead of the unruly mop that I'm stuck with.

RitaCeleste
June 9th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Ndayeni, your hair looks really nice. Don't envy her too much for having straighter sleeker hair. (Not that people with textured hair get told that anything is better than sleek and straight hair or anything!) It looks a lot thinner than yours does and hers might taper into nothingness if she grows it out. Curls are just as good as straight hair! Not many people have ever said that to me, but I've come to believe it. My sister straightened mine once with a flat iron (Don't, I got a ton of splits!) and all I could think was, "I have no hair, I'm going bald! OMG I told the stylist to thin it, what was I thinking?"

MsBubbles
June 9th, 2012, 07:46 PM
I didn't know who Nina Dobrev was so I googled her. I love how this updo (http://www.dailymakeover.com/hairstyles/women_celebrity_hairstyles/nina_dobrev_aug_29_2010?tid_ref=1337) looks, and although it might be teased, I thought somebody had done a good job getting volume in it and not having her head look misshapen or cone-shaped, as can so easily happen in celeb updos :).

RitaCeleste
June 9th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Her hair gets a workout with all the styles she has had in single shows. They did a different style for the two characters she played plus all the period flashbacks one season. I don't envy the expensive shampoos though. I've been using the coconut oil and Pantene. I think Pantene is luxury shampoo and conditioner, I could probably get by with plain old V05 as long as I have my oils.

Ndayeni
June 9th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Her hair gets a workout with all the styles she has had in single shows. They did a different style for the two characters she played plus all the period flashbacks one season. I don't envy the expensive shampoos though. I've been using the coconut oil and Pantene. I think Pantene is luxury shampoo and conditioner, I could probably get by with plain old V05 as long as I have my oils.

Hers isn't the only head of hair that's getting a workout on that show. Kat Graham (Bonnie) and Candice Accola (Caroline) both also have a lot of different hairstyles, and they often like to do Candice's hair in lots of curls that you know had to come from hot rollers and/or a curling iron. I imagine it's hard for most performers like them to avoid getting their hair too badly damaged from all the styling the hair & makeup people do to it for their roles.

Count me as another fan of Pantene. I've loved Pantene for years, and my hair has loved it since they first started making it. Though I think it liked their original stuff better than some of their newer ones. Lately I've been using the Medium-Thick Breakage to Strength conditioner and it's been working well.

Knotted
June 9th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I love her hair (and Ian Somerhalder!), too!

RitaCeleste
June 10th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Hers isn't the only head of hair that's getting a workout on that show. Kat Graham (Bonnie) and Candice Accola (Caroline) both also have a lot of different hairstyles, and they often like to do Candice's hair in lots of curls that you know had to come from hot rollers and/or a curling iron. I imagine it's hard for most performers like them to avoid getting their hair too badly damaged from all the styling the hair & makeup people do to it for their roles.

Count me as another fan of Pantene. I've loved Pantene for years, and my hair has loved it since they first started making it. Though I think it liked their original stuff better than some of their newer ones. Lately I've been using the Medium-Thick Breakage to Strength conditioner and it's been working well.

I use to use my grandma's Pantene when it was like a salon shampoo. Then they changed it and you could get it anywhere but it didn't work the same. Then I took the Pantene challenge and blamed Pantene because my hair will never look like the hair in their commercials. I didn't give them another chance until a few weeks ago. I've tried Relaxed & Natural dry to moisturized, the curl one, and Ice Shine, everyone of them has worked every bit as well as Honeysuckle Rose if I use it exactly like I used the Honeysuckle Rose with pre-oiling and leaving it in 30 mins before rinsing. I also used the Moisture Renewal shampoo and really liked that stuff. My hair is so soft and silky now I'm really happy with it. They are bringing back some of the older lines of Pantene so hopefully the one you liked will appear on the shelves some.

Mononoke
June 10th, 2012, 10:26 AM
I read that Nina Dobrev's hair is naturally curly, so it's probably usually flat-ironed for the show (or permanently straightened).

Tawnylioness
June 10th, 2012, 05:07 PM
*grin* and here i was just congratulating the lhc for having movie star hair with minimalist products and cost :D

RitaCeleste
June 10th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Hey, we can be thrifty! I use the cheap stuff and ask myself if the product that costs me $12 per bottle is really three times better than a $4 dollar product. The expensive stuff seems marginally better but I just can't justify the price beyond a certain point. General Dollar Smooth and Silky leaves my hair really nice too, it supposed to be a tresseme knock off but I never tried the tresseme product it clones. I learned tons of cheap tricks on this site with stuff I can buy in the grocery section of Walmart. This site has saved me TONS of money. Like a 1/4 cup EVOO and two tablespoons of honey make a great deep treatment.