PDA

View Full Version : I have been MIA, for a while, need help!

PrincessTieflin
June 9th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I cut my hair into a very short A line bob last summer - I dont know why..

Anyways the issue I am having now, is that I want to let it grow and its at this akward stage if between chin and shoulder and its still heavily layered.(looking for a pic)

DH and I are renewing our wedding vows this summer, and I really need some help on how to do my hair.

- its a Renaissance theme complete with costumes
- I wont be wearing a veil. But a cloak and have a headpiece idea.
-I have a hard time wearing it up due to migraines.

Any advice.

heidi w.
June 9th, 2012, 11:46 AM
You could consider going to a hairstylist that specializes in wedding updos or hairstyles, and seeing what they might suggest. If you're having a period event, I think it would be cool to have a matching period hairdo, too. And you could go with a simple wreath in the hair or something fancier as a headpiece. Take a look at eBay and see what you find...that's an idea. Renaissance era hairstyles did a lot with braiding..... I just googled "Renaissance hairstyles" and received several pages full of hits on videos, pictures, and text info as well. So I suggest also looking around on youtube...and elsewhere. There's actually a fair amount of info out there. You can work with a different hair part than center hair part. You can work with part braiding, part bunning, part hair hanging down...There are all manner of options and ideas. You can weave beads or beaded trim or ribbons into the hair. You can tuck a veil under the hair from the backside that flows down a bit, that kind of thing. I would say define your hairstyle first, then pick an appropriate headdress or tiara or decorative element that is appropriate and will stay put. You might consider visiting the hairstylist and come with your headpiece so they have an idea of what they're working with besides your hair. The biggest problem with hair stylists is that they tend to pull too tight, so you may have to give them a heads up about keeping things loose. A simple side part resulting in a twist of some sort is easy to create a bit more relaxed from a side part than a center part. So then you can allow the hair to curve into the updo, not be brought tightly into an updo.

heidi w.

HumanBean
June 9th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Check out the hair tutorials for updos at
http://www.thesmallthingsblog.com/p/hair-style-tutorials.html

She is a stylist professionally and has shoulder length layered hair but does a ton of updo tutorials. Many are wedding appropriate.

spidermom
June 9th, 2012, 12:47 PM
For the grow-out, just keep trimming the bottom. When I was growing out my pixie, I had a trim every 6-8 weeks. I still had an awkward phase, but it would have been a lot worse without the trims.