PDA

View Full Version : hair comparisons

Ricky22
July 31st, 2008, 02:12 AM
wasssssup ladies, lol theres somethin I been thinkin about, have you all had your hair compared to certain things or people before?

me my hair been called a jungle before lol, its been called a pile of cotton,lol my hair has also been compared to the basketball player Ben Wallace

Takethevitamin
July 31st, 2008, 02:20 AM
wasssssup ladies, lol theres somethin I been thinkin about, have you all had your hair compared to certain things or people before?

me my hair been called a jungle before lol, its been called a pile of cotton,lol my hair has also been compared to the basketball player Ben Wallace

I don't know if this counts, but I was once asked if I was trying to be Crystal Gayle. I cut my hair two months later.

End of story.

Ricky22
July 31st, 2008, 02:22 AM
lol I just looked Crystal Gayle up on google and she has some LONNGGG hair

Isilme
July 31st, 2008, 04:09 AM
bf once compared my strands to really really spoiled aristocratic ladies waiting for their henna and conditioner and screaming of fear when they saw a split end. He compared his own hair to hillbilly boys laughing and saying "I'm a bit broken here and there but it's ok" Maybe this is just fun when you hear it and get to see his faces :lol:

Amara
July 31st, 2008, 04:17 AM
Funny thread idea!

Isilme your BF sounds amusing. :D

My hair was called a river. It's usually smooth and very straight. Wish it was all blue, too! Hah!

Hatsumomo
July 31st, 2008, 04:25 AM
A bludgeon of some sort....When I wear a braid, it has a tendancy to fly when i turn my head and has been known to give black eyes.

Siava
July 31st, 2008, 04:45 AM
A jungle! You must have some crazy hair. :lol: Mine has been called a poofball when it was shorter and humid out, but nothing else lately.

bex487
July 31st, 2008, 06:29 AM
My boyfriend makes jokes about my constant shedding. He says I'm worse than his dog! Gee, thanks.

Islandgrrl
July 31st, 2008, 06:53 AM
Once when it was still knee length and braided some guy told me it looked like I had a huge snake down my back.

sipnsun
July 31st, 2008, 07:07 AM
When I was younger, my mom said mine looked like straw!:( I've given up the bleach and perms and hot rollers so she doesn't say that anymore.

basak
July 31st, 2008, 07:11 AM
Somebody told me my hair was like a waterfall once :)

paper
July 31st, 2008, 07:11 AM
I got a bad perm once and my DH said I looked like a poodle. :(

FrannyG
July 31st, 2008, 07:38 AM
In the early '80s I got the early '80s version of a shag. In order to make it work, I had to have a body perm and then curl it daily with a curling iron.

On good days, people would tell me that I looked like Olivia Newton-John, who was sporting a similar style at the time. :) On bad days, (humid or misty) I was told that I looked like Rod Stewart. :(

I don't have even one photo of me with that haircut though, although I wish I did.

These days, I get told a lot that I have "hair like a princess", usually by little kids. I can live with that. :wink:

spidermom
July 31st, 2008, 07:57 AM
My father said my hair looked like a big mess.

burns_erin
July 31st, 2008, 08:02 AM
I have had my hair compared to glass, WTF.

Silk, which is a nice one.

And fire, but that is a pretty common one for henna heads.

Kirin
July 31st, 2008, 08:08 AM
I'm a henna head and have had references to fire, and Lucille Ball! LOL

It's also been referred to as a mirror or glass.

Ricky22
July 31st, 2008, 11:40 AM
lol this is hilarious

FrannyG
July 31st, 2008, 11:46 AM
lol this is hilarious
That's because you start the most hilarious threads, Ricky. :)

Takethevitamin
July 31st, 2008, 02:39 PM
I don't know if this counts, but whenever my hair gets light, people call me "Avril Lavigne" and when I stray from the sun, "Winnie Cooper".

harpgal
July 31st, 2008, 02:46 PM
In my teens (with the tender ego that goes along with that age), my dear brother would call me a rag-a-muffin. *sigh* Oh well.... Now I call him....old! Hehe!

30isthenewblack
July 31st, 2008, 03:00 PM
People have said I looked like Whitney Houston when I was younger and a friend of my brother said I had hair like Kenny G :confused: I may have been called spaghetti head once or twice :D

NurseMama
July 31st, 2008, 03:05 PM
I was Truvy in a production in Steel Magnolias. My hair was waist length and my natural strawberry blonde. After the hot rollers and aqua net, I looked like Barbie. The rest of the year the drama class called me Barbie :/

Cousin It a few times. My 3 year old son tells me I look like a princess though :)

liv2srf
July 31st, 2008, 03:17 PM
Haha ohh man, this brings back memories.

I wish I could say something cool like a mermaid or something of renowned beauty. However, notttt the case.

Sometimes when I would come into work, some of my co-worker friends would tell me that I looked like a gypsy. And other times, if I let it air dry without combing or anything, a lion (god forbid.) Hah funny thread though!!

Cinnia
July 31st, 2008, 03:22 PM
I'm swedish and have a natural very blonde color, wich has been compared to some of the "glamour"-models golden locks. Not to sure I like that comparision, I have to say!!;)

wintersun99
July 31st, 2008, 03:23 PM

swanns
July 31st, 2008, 03:39 PM
When it was shorter and puffier, my friends called it The Poodle :rolleyes:

detritus
July 31st, 2008, 03:51 PM
When I was in college I bleached my hair and dyed stripes of blue, green, and aqua in it. When I went to get it cut the hairdresser said it reminded him of a watercolor painting. I really liked that dye job! (Just not the splits that came with it.)

flapjack
July 31st, 2008, 03:53 PM
I've been called Rapunzel a number of times, hahaha. I've also heard the waterfall comparisons, which is one I actually like and find flattering.

My high school history teacher was being an ass once and said I had hair like Axl Rose. Apparently, if looks could kill, he would have been toast because he stopped laughing and said, "Well, it's really just the color". Hahaha, that's what I thought, Mr. Percer, you better backtrack on that statement. That guy was a punk.

Ricky22
July 31st, 2008, 07:44 PM
That's because you start the most hilarious threads, Ricky. :)

lol why thank you and plus I gotta keep my threads interesting I don't wanna bore ya'll to death on here :D

Sofoulee
July 31st, 2008, 07:53 PM
I've been called Medusa because of my hair. I've been asked if I stuck my finger in a socket.
Haha, there's been a whole lot more, I just can't think of them!

spidermom
July 31st, 2008, 07:58 PM
I just realized something! I compare my hair to witch-hair all the time. It looks like I style it by doing loop-de-loops on my broomstick.

Aisha25
July 31st, 2008, 08:47 PM
Someone once told me my hair reminded them of the night sky and my highlights were the moons beams.:lol:

noelgirl
July 31st, 2008, 08:59 PM
On a really humid day once, someone said that my hair reminded her of Keri Russell's - I was just like, "I wish!". My hair's pretty wishy-washy and just kind of wavyish most of the time, but in extreme humidity, I can get some spirals going. Not as good as Keri's, though.

GlassEyes
July 31st, 2008, 09:04 PM
Back when I had highlights in various colors, peoplesaid it looked like candy/a candy cane, and they wanted to eat it. o-o;; e-e XD Mmm, toxic dye chemicals. Exactly what I want infecting people's throats.

And my hair is used as a metaphor for confusion by one of my friends. 'I am as confused as Paul's hair is curly.'. and it's stuck. The same friend also says it looks like a Ferris Wheel when I bow my head and shake it.

XD She also hates ferris wheels. I have conflicting feelings.

Jasmine19
July 31st, 2008, 10:38 PM
I'd call my hair bushy when it is open and dry!!

Ricky22
July 31st, 2008, 11:09 PM
I've been called Medusa because of my hair. I've been asked if I stuck my finger in a socket.
Haha, there's been a whole lot more, I just can't think of them!

fa real though it might be similar to Medusa but your hair is beautiful :D

Amoretti
August 1st, 2008, 07:19 AM
I've had my share of good and bad compliments. LOL.

When I was a teen my mother told me it looked like I had two curtains hanging on either side of my face. LOL.

I was compared to Rod Stewart once when I had a shaggy layered mullet (don't ask).

A good one from an LHC member once was that it looked like a river of chocolate. :inlove:

yldchyld
August 1st, 2008, 01:51 PM
A bludgeon of some sort....When I wear a braid, it has a tendancy to fly when i turn my head and has been known to give black eyes.

Oh my gawd! I spit out my soda.

I have so been there!

yldchyld
August 1st, 2008, 01:54 PM
I was compared to Rod Stewart once when I had a shaggy layered mullet (don't ask).

no Way!! I had one of those in middle school. Then I grew it out a bit and it looked like Tina Turner. (I thought Rod Stewart was waaaay sexy)

Bucatini
August 1st, 2008, 02:08 PM
lol I just looked Crystal Gayle up on google and she has some LONNGGG hair

Ricky I think it's WONDERFUL that you are young enough that you had to google Crystal Gayle!

Sofoulee I get the Medusa comment too- I don't quite understand it.

AmselJoey
August 1st, 2008, 02:17 PM
When I was little I never wanted to brush my hair, so my grandma used to say I looked like "the wild woman of Borneo."

I am not sure about the origin behind it, but I always used to picture the woman who rode her horse through towns naked with her hair covering her private parts! :laugh:

I think I am mixing up my stories here though....

Now I am just told it's long.

AmselJoey :happydance:

Eireann
August 1st, 2008, 02:34 PM
When it was shoulder length with bangs, I was told I looked like Chrissy Hynde from the Pretenders. She's cool, so I was happy.

Eireann
August 1st, 2008, 02:37 PM
When I was little I never wanted to brush my hair, so my grandma used to say I looked like "the wild woman of Borneo."

I am not sure about the origin behind it, but I always used to picture the woman who rode her horse through towns naked with her hair covering her private parts! :laugh:

I think I am mixing up my stories here though....

Now I am just told it's long.

AmselJoey :happydance:

LOL! When I was little and wouldn't brush my hair, my mom (who is probably the same generation as your grandma) would call me the Wild Woman of Borneo! I never knew what it meant, either. :laugh:

Eden Iris
August 1st, 2008, 06:45 PM
My stylist in college told me I had mermaid hair.

My old roomie told me I had Axl Rose hair, too. She was right: I was trying to cover bleach with temporary brown dye, and it was all lank and an unfortunate shade of strawberry blonde.

Ricky22
August 1st, 2008, 08:04 PM
Ricky I think it's WONDERFUL that you are young enough that you had to google Crystal Gayle!

Sofoulee I get the Medusa comment too- I don't quite understand it.

lol thanks I like being young too Miss and plus I was curious about Crystal :D

LisaButz2001
August 2nd, 2008, 04:26 PM
I get Cousin It from the sister. Spidermom, total hijack, but is that snake a pet/poisonous? I so could not have that wrapped around me! Shudder!

spidermom
August 3rd, 2008, 08:54 AM
I get Cousin It from the sister. Spidermom, total hijack, but is that snake a pet/poisonous? I so could not have that wrapped around me! Shudder!

I would not be handling a poisonous snake. This one is my pet. He's an albino Burmese python with one eye (the other one has a layer of skin/scales over it). Pythons squeeze prey to death, but this one has never put the squeeze on me. However, for safety, I only handle him if somebody else is nearby.

LisaButz2001
August 3rd, 2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks for responding Spidermom, I just had a look at you avatar. It's a beautiful color snake, but I still think a person has to be exceptionally brave to keep exotic pets and interact so freely with them. I'll stick to my kitty, Nala.

spidermom
August 3rd, 2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks for responding Spidermom, I just had a look at you avatar. It's a beautiful color snake, but I still think a person has to be exceptionally brave to keep exotic pets and interact so freely with them. I'll stick to my kitty, Nala.

Kitties are great, too. I have one, Osiris. I also have 2 dogs and a parakeet. I never planned to have a snake, but this one was going to be thrown away into a dumpster in the cold Autumn. That just sounded too cruel to me. So now I have a snake. I don't feel exceptionally brave, but maybe I am. He did bite my hand once - my fault. I reached into his enclosure too fast, in a hurry to get him out of there and clean out his dirty bedding. He probably thought I was food; he nailed me so hard. The bruise stayed long after the bite marks healed. He doesn't bite me if I use some sense and let him see me/smell me/sense me (whatever it is that snakes do) before I reach into his enclosure. (P.S. - back on topic; a member here was once told "your hair is as long as a snake." So - see? - this is actually on topic.)

ZaBasDa
August 3rd, 2008, 03:27 PM
I've gotten compared to Medusa, mainly I think because my hair is good at not clumping and attacking things. I've also gotten poodle, lamb, poofball, carpet, gypsy. I got called peacock because I have/had bleached streaks that changed from green,blue, pink, and red. Actually my minister was the first to call me that, in the middle of service no less, he was walking around though. I got called a mermaid because I had mostly green hair and said I wanted it to be ankle length. And my friends lovingly refer to my hair as a ferocious beast, untamed monster, wild landscape, and a weapon (it has tried to strangle me before and my braids like flailing).

And Spidermon I love your snake. He's adorable.

VanillaTresses
August 3rd, 2008, 05:22 PM
My hair has been compared to cotton before. :shrug:

neenerbabe
August 3rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
After I started to use henna, my hubby said my hair looked almost metallic because of the color and sheen. That was pretty awesome.:D