PDA

View Full Version : Snow White and the Huntsman

carolinaberry
June 9th, 2012, 05:34 AM
So...without commenting on the plot or anything I will just say that there were some neat hairstyles to admire in this movie. Especially in the one little village scene. One little girl had an upside down french braid from her crown to her bangs and then the length of the braid was flipped back towards her head...with a braid on each side of her head going back into a ponytail....if that makes any sense. haha. I recommend the movie for the visuals if nothing else.

Coan-Teen
June 9th, 2012, 07:30 AM
I agree, the one village had some really unusual braids and some of the visuals were stunning. Unfortunately I can't recommend the movie based on plot and found it disappointing overall, both in terms of writing and as a story.

Libbylou
June 9th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I enjoyed the movie. Maybe because of hair and the fairy land. I especially like the ones when Snow White was a young girl.

carolinaberry
June 9th, 2012, 09:59 PM
I enjoyed the movie. Maybe because of hair and the fairy land. I especially like the ones when Snow White was a young girl.
My 13-year-old daughter and I were talking about the plot holes...but we agree that it was worth seeing for the fairy world and the hair. It's funny because one thing I've always done with my children is to point out "entrances to Faery" or entrances to a "fairy world" and to look and try to spot the fairies in nature. One way I used to keep them entertained in places we had to wait (like at dr's, dmv, etc) was to sit by a potted plant and have them watch for fairies. So, it was exciting for my 7-year-old to see this fairy world.

PixxieStix
June 10th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Oh, good to know about watching out for some stunning hair, I'll be seeing the movie this monday with a friend of mine. I have no expectations for plot, etc., just want to go and "see the pretty" so to speak.

Shimmy
June 13th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I loved it! :cheese:

Vanille_
June 13th, 2012, 07:52 PM
I also recommend it for the visuals :)

dawnss
July 27th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Just watched the movie yesterday at the dollar theater, I know I am late lol, and I really enjoyed the hairstyles!!!! They were really pretty and a few were unique.

Bianca
July 27th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Loved the movie but I must admit that I didn't notice hair styles much :D
I liked the queen's long blonde hair though, when she was getting ready to get married. Very pretty, almost had an urge to bleach my hair :D

spidermom
July 27th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I wish I could get that $12.00 back, sooooooooo wasn't worth the money!

ApatheticFairy
July 27th, 2012, 09:57 PM
I actually really liked it... but only because Charlize Theron is everything I ever wanted to look like ever.