PDA

View Full Version : Problem with cassia

Mischamiu
June 9th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Hey there!! So reading all posts,articles and threads I have found a sort of substitute to henna(since I don't wanna darken my hair):Cassia. I read the FAQ's thread and saw that you should mix it with camomilla tea, put on a protein free conditioner and expect some after my use. However I didn't understand a few things about it and have many many questions :) :

- Is it OK to rince it out with shampoo? And should I do that while conditioner is on my hair?
-What type of leave ins sould I put after shampoing/conditioning my hair?
-After how many days should I wash my hair?

I hope those aren't too many, I just had many bad experiences with it and don't want my hair to get any more dry and damaged...:(

Im not sure how to post pictures so:
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=787132DSCN4326.jpg
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=241173DSCN4351.jpg

Five of Five
June 9th, 2012, 05:17 AM
What kind of bad experiences have you had with cassia? Some people's hair just doesn't like cassia at all, although it is normal to have a bit of dryness or tangliness for a few days afterwards.

The particular mix you use for your cassia is completely up to you. Since you don't want any colour change, you could omit the chamomile tea if you wanted, and just use water as your main liquid. If you want to help mitigate the tangliness, it would help to use something moisturising in your mixture - I like to use a few tablespoons of coney conditioner, but you could use oils or various herbs to help.

Once you've applied the cassia, make sure you don't let it dry in your hair - I like to use a plastic bag as a covering, tying it off at the frount, and then I put a turban on top of that just to be sure.

Since cassia is quite a chore to wash out, many people like to rinse thoroughly with water or soak their hair in a basin before even attempting shampooing or COing it out. I personally rinse with water until I can get my fingers through it, then do a CO soak until my hair is more like hair again, and then I use shampoo. The shampoo, for me at least, totally gets rid of the crazy, dry hair effect that cassia can cause. I use conditioner again to moisturise, rinse that out and let it air dry with a bit of coconut oil to help prevent dryness.

I have read that it is best to wait at least a couple of days before washing your hair again. A lot of people say that their hair settles down after this second wash.

Good luck, I hope you get the results you are looking for :).

Annibelle
June 9th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Some people wash out cassia with shampoo. I don't find it necessary-- I just use lots of conditioner. :) And I don't worry about it being protein-y or not.

I use a tiny bit of coconut oil as a leave-in after. I don't use more because oil doesn't wash out of my hair easily.

You can wash your hair again whenever you want to. :) I usually just wait til my usual wash day comes back around. I usually wash on Mondays and Thursdays, so I'd do cassia on Thursday (which counts as a wash) and wash again on Monday.

HTH :blossom:

Mischamiu
June 9th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Oh okay, thanks for the advice! I never used cassia before, but mu bad experience was with bleach... It totally destroyed my hair

evieisocoolike
June 9th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Sorry for kind of hi-jacking, but what exactly are the benefits of cassia? Could any of you point me in the direction of threads involving cassia? Thanks! :flower:

Tisiloves
June 9th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Cassia's pretty much a long term protein treatment.

Here's the thread: Cassia Thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=406)
FAQs in the first post.

Othala
June 10th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Cassia's pretty much a long term protein treatment.

Here's the thread: Cassia Thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=406)
FAQs in the first post.

Thanks for posting that link. I ordered some Cassia last week and have no idea how to use it, LOL.