PDA

View Full Version : So close, yet so far...

IvanaGil
June 8th, 2012, 09:12 PM
So for the past couple of months, I have been measuring my hair and got the same 38" result. Today I finally got my DH to measure it and it turns out I'm at 39 3/4"
I guess you really do need someone else to measure you (or maybe I have abnormal arms).
My goal length is 45" which is mid-thigh on me so I'm pretty close! Just about a year more, hopefully :pray:
What's your goal length and in how long do you think you'll be there?

braidgirl22
June 8th, 2012, 10:33 PM
My goal is classic don't know how many inches or how long it will take to get there but I stopped trimming to make it go by faster since my ends are doing fine.I'm hoping at the end of the year since i'm really short.

IvanaGil
June 8th, 2012, 10:57 PM
My goal is classic don't know how many inches or how long it will take to get there but I stopped trimming to make it go by faster since my ends are doing fine.I'm hoping at the end of the year since i'm really short.

Lucky you! I would probably give up some height just so my hair looks longer lol I'm 5'7"

akilina
June 8th, 2012, 11:10 PM
I don't really have a real ultimate goal but my mind will be a little more at ease once I finally reach BSL if ever. I am 5'9" and I wear my bra strap very low just a few inches above waist. I just updated a picture today in my signature and I probably have a good 3 or 4 inches until I am at a solid BSL and I feel like this will take FOREVER!!! :( But on the + side once I reach bsl...waist wont be too far after :]

LizTheLyre
June 8th, 2012, 11:26 PM
ugh, i know, i feel like I've been stuck at the end of my rib cage for months! :( tis not fun. I'm about 2 inches away from the beginnings of waist, but that it's coming so slowly.

meishkamooshka
June 8th, 2012, 11:45 PM
My goal is classic or terminal; I'm undecided. I feel like I've been at waist foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I think it will take me about two (if I'm being generous) to four (if I'm being realistic) years!

IvanaGil
June 8th, 2012, 11:58 PM
I don't really have a real ultimate goal but my mind will be a little more at ease once I finally reach BSL if ever. I am 5'9" and I wear my bra strap very low just a few inches above waist. I just updated a picture today in my signature and I probably have a good 3 or 4 inches until I am at a solid BSL and I feel like this will take FOREVER!!! :( But on the + side once I reach bsl...waist wont be too far after :]

I know how you feel and it sucks. My hair has been at tailbone for quite a while and it's growing sooooo slow, but it is getting there (classic). I think when we are constantly watching and measuring, it feels a lot slower. I hope you reach bsl soon enough :D

IvanaGil
June 8th, 2012, 11:59 PM
My goal is classic or terminal; I'm undecided. I feel like I've been at waist foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I think it will take me about two (if I'm being generous) to four (if I'm being realistic) years!

I think we all need to ignore our growth and think about something else lol. The last time i did this, I was amazed at how long it got when I finally measured again. :p

RedBlue
June 9th, 2012, 12:01 AM
My goal is waist or elbow length... I haven't measured since mid May?, but I'm APL and about BSL when soaked/strectched. I'm hoping to hit BSL before my birthday in November.

IvanaGil
June 9th, 2012, 12:08 AM
My goal is waist or elbow length... I haven't measured since mid May?, but I'm APL and about BSL when soaked/strectched. I'm hoping to hit BSL before my birthday in November.

Sounds like you definitely will :D Do you know how many inches your hair grows a month?

Avital88
June 9th, 2012, 12:17 AM
my first goal for now is just a healthy classic length,but i want it longer eventually.
I was only 2.5-3 inches away from classic last month but had to cut 5 inches due to a terrible shed,so here i am at hip again.
Luckily its growing over an inch a month,so it might be still possible to grow 7 inches this 2012 and call it Classic..l

RedBlue
June 9th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Sounds like you definitely will :D Do you know how many inches your hair grows a month?

No, I do not. I will check on that starting today!

ETA: Just measured. In May, it was 19.5", now it's 20". So, I guess it's safe to say that my hair grows .5" a month?

akilina
June 9th, 2012, 12:25 AM
I know how you feel and it sucks. My hair has been at tailbone for quite a while and it's growing sooooo slow, but it is getting there (classic). I think when we are constantly watching and measuring, it feels a lot slower. I hope you reach bsl soon enough :D
I gave up on measuring and obsessing lately. I hate when I obsess over it too much, which I tend to do. More so..benign neglect :) it is working very well.

IvanaGil
June 9th, 2012, 12:28 AM
my first goal for now is just a healthy classic length,but i want it longer eventually.
I was only 2.5-3 inches away from classic last month but had to cut 5 inches due to a terrible shed,so here i am at hip again.
Luckily its growing over an inch a month,so it might be still possible to grow 7 inches this 2012 and call it Classic..l

That's too bad that you had to lose 5 inches, which is about a whole years' worth of growth on me! But hey, at least it's growing back fast! Yay! :D

I gave up on measuring and obsessing lately. I hate when I obsess over it too much, which I tend to do. More so..benign neglect :) it is working very well.

Yes, I neglected my hair for two years and it went from apl to tailbone, so yeah... :happydance:

No, I do not. I will check on that starting today!

Let me know how it goes. You may have seen the thread of members taking a picture once a week for a month to see their progress. That might be fun, and it's better proof that just measuring.

onlyforhim
June 9th, 2012, 01:49 AM
honestly it seems like I lost my original goal. I thought I want hip... now i want tailbone and longer but I will just go for hip now. If the bulk of my hair is at mid back ..little less is at waist and longer now then i am supposed to make it to hip by the end of the year hopefully. But I will keep microtrimming my ends

freckles
June 9th, 2012, 08:35 AM
my goal is tailbone, and I've actually reached it pretty recently. I was at 37.75 a week ago, and I trimmed a little (half an inch + ... I didn't measure) since then. So I'm probably at around 37" now. 36" is just about tailbone on me, 37.5 is solid tailbone, so I'm finally getting to start 'maintaining'! :)

swearnsue
June 9th, 2012, 08:52 AM
My goal has been to reach my waist by the time I'm 62. I't been almost a year since I started my journey and I've gone from about 1.5 inches to 8 inches. So I think I'm on track to reach my goal.

jacqueline101
June 9th, 2012, 08:54 AM
My ultimate goal is tail bone. I understand the close yet so far away. My next stop is bra strap 4 inches to go far but not impossible.

catamonica
June 9th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I would like my hair to grow to classic. Since I have been wearing it up, it has grown four inches to hip. So will see if it grows longer.

catamonica
June 9th, 2012, 10:15 AM
I would like my hair to grow to classic. Since I have been wearing it up, it has grown four inches to hip. So will see if it grows longer.

IvanaGil
June 9th, 2012, 10:54 AM

Cool. Protective styles are the best :D