PDA

View Full Version : So I have a Fringe Now

BlueMuse
June 8th, 2012, 04:09 PM
It's been 12 years since I've had anything resembling bangs. After giving it more than 2 weeks, I decided I wanted a bit of a change. I wear my hair up so much, I was just feeling really "severe" with it all slicked back into a bun. My side tendrils are still a bit cranky about not being behind my ears, so they're a little frizzy.

Then (a year or so ago):
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu306/maegochan/Frenchtwist.png

Now:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu306/maegochan/newhaircut.png

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu306/maegochan/NewHairCut2.png

spookyghost
June 8th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Wow-you look like a different person! You look great. Im going thru kinda the same thing myself. Im trying to take care of my hair so much that I really dont enjoy it anymore. My hair looked better BEFORE I started taking really good care of it. Its always limp and frizzy looking now. It has no shape-it looks like I dont give a crap about my hair when I care very much about it. And I hate wearing it up. So does dh. I dont bun it except for the sock bun but I find myself going for the ponytail holder alot because of Im just embarrased by it. Anyways, I have a hair appointment in a couple weeks to have something done to it. Some wisps on the side or something. Fringe is a little too much for me because I dont want shorter bangs. It does look awesome on you though!;) Im scared to death!:pray:

spidermom
June 8th, 2012, 04:25 PM
The new style suits you very well.

barely.there
June 8th, 2012, 04:28 PM
I am definetly loving your bangs more than no bangs! It frames your face well, and I agree with you, it is much less severe looking.

PRETTY!!!

Ephemeral
June 8th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Very cute on you!

jacqueline101
June 8th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Your bangs are lovely.

LaFlor
June 8th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Love it! I'm always cutting and growing out bangs/fringe... it's a vicious cycle. Do you have to style them or do they lay like that naturally?

patienceneeded
June 8th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Very pretty! So are your bangs. :smile:

BrightEyes
June 8th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Your bangs look great!

JuniperBerry
June 8th, 2012, 05:45 PM

Nenwing
June 8th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Very pretty!! I think its more "romantic" looking! It makes your face look softer and I think makes you look more youthful but in a good way!

I've been contemplating doing the same, but haven't got the guts yet. I haven't had a fringe since I was a kid.

Did you do it yourself or did you have a salon do it? If you did yourself, did you get instruction from online or just go for it?

mzBANGBANG
June 8th, 2012, 06:44 PM
love them! I'm always so impressed with the "new fringe" pictures on here. Gives me courage ;)

longhairedlady
June 8th, 2012, 06:48 PM
I am not usually partial to bangs, but WOW they look great on you!

meishkamooshka
June 8th, 2012, 07:00 PM
They're so cute! And flattering! ^.^

RitaCeleste
June 8th, 2012, 07:08 PM
It looks really good on you! I cut a tiny bit of fringe today, tiny. I'm not that brave. :D

BlueMuse
June 8th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Thanks everyone! You're all so sweet :grin:

I did have them cut at a salon. My mother's stylist is an amazing lady who always does great trims (never takes more than I ask) so I went in with a picture and said "do you think this would look ok" and came out with this.

My side wisps do curl naturally, but the bangs themselves are styled pretty much with a round brush and a little bit of blowdrying. I was worried I was going to go nuts since I hadn't had hair in my face in ages, but so far I'm really liking it. I told myself when I went in that it wasn't anything that a lot of gel and a few months wouldn't fix.

allycat
June 8th, 2012, 08:15 PM
They look gorgeous on you, BlueMuse! Excellent decision.

Just a tip, you may know this already, but it's usually my bangs that get a little oily looking before the rest of my hair (perhaps it's the face oil I apply at night). But it's easy-peasy to wash only the bangs in the morning over the sink, and comb into place. Then my whole head looks clean!

BlueMuse
June 8th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Oh yes! I did discover that this morning. I bike a lot and they were not looking so happy after that, but a bit of shampoo and brushing and a coolish blowdrier did the trick.

akilina
June 8th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I like the new bangs! :]

Tisiloves
June 8th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Very flattering. For the rinse stage of the fringe wash (if you're using the sink), a sports bottle works really well.

Miss Maisie
June 8th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Beautiful!

Macaroni
June 8th, 2012, 10:25 PM
I haven't read any of the responses so I may be alone in this, but you look much younger :).

quintanion
June 8th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Looks great! The bangs do seem to soften your look in a very flattering way

HumanBean
June 8th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Yay for fringe (I'm a fan)! Looks great!

Jesabel
June 9th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Your fringe/bangs looks so lovely on you! I really like them :D

curlymarcia
June 9th, 2012, 01:33 PM
The bangs really suits you! You look more sweet, love it!

Tomoyo
June 9th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Hey, I just did the exact same thing! And haven't had bangs since the same age, lol! Pics perhaps forthcoming soon; hair is wet at the moment :p

Micayla47
June 9th, 2012, 04:05 PM
adorable! bangs can be a fun way to have a change without really losing any length.

BlueMuse
June 9th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks everyone! And yeah, it's nice to have a change without losing any real length. One of my friends came in, took a look at my hair and said "you didn't cut it did you?" and when I said that I hadn't cut any length they said "oh thank goodness, that would have been a travesty."

I'd love to see some pics Tomoyo!

palaeoqueen
June 10th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Very nice!

bunzfan
June 10th, 2012, 04:40 AM
It really does suit you, i'm growing mine into side swept ones for the same reason.

morrigan*
June 10th, 2012, 12:54 PM
It looks awesome, really suits you.