PDA

View Full Version : ....suggestions help?

tweetylonghair
June 8th, 2012, 10:39 AM
OK, Besides we are always our own worst critic.. why is it that I think my hair feels and looks dry but anyone else...i.e. hubby,friends and even hairdresser..says its not.I wash with pantene and tressemme..alternately..I try to go w/o cones or sulphate and my hair feels and acts like straw.....yes I do have some damage since I do bleach and color but not all my head so I agree its quite the mixture of color,virgin and bleach then color... I dont notice a difference in feel if I CO or not...I do oil my ends ..any ideas.

nobeltonya
June 8th, 2012, 10:41 AM
IDK, it looks good to me. :D Maybe you're expecting it to be way more soft..? My hair also seems to be much better with cones and sulfates...

RitaCeleste
June 8th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I like to pre-oil with coconut oil. I put coconut oil in my hair 2 or 3 hours before I'm gonna wash it. That adds some softness for me.

catamonica
June 10th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I put two capfuls of olive oil in my shampoo & conditioner. And five capfuls of Aloe Vera Gel in
my conditioner. The aloe makes it extra soft. I really hope this helps your hair.

catamonica
June 10th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I put two capfuls of olive oli in my shampoo & conditioner. And five capfuls of Aloe Vera gel in my conditioner. The aloe makes hair extra soft. I hop this helps your
hair.

catamonica
June 10th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Sorry for the double post.

IvanaGil
June 10th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Maybe the oil you're using isn't for you? I used a wrong brand of coconut oil for a while and it made my hair feel like straw too, but once I changed, it was super soft again

TiffanieJean
June 10th, 2012, 01:31 PM
The best thing to ever happen to my hair was Jojoba Oil and hair masks in general. Try using Jojoba Oil from scalp to ends. Put it on in the morning (on an off day). Put a shower cap or Saran wrap over it; Leave it in as long as you can (I wash it ut at night before bed, so it's in for 12ish hrs. You can sleep with it in too); then wash out.

Pantene is pretty notorious for drying hair out. I used it before I knew much about hair, and as soon as I switched my hair was grateful. I've had problems with SLS Free shampoos drying my hair and scalp out really bad (I have a dry scalp)... That was until I discovered Giovanni. I have used a couple of their shampoos now, and they are by far the best SLS free (and free of many other things) brand I have tried. It's pretty cheap, you can find it at Walmart.