PDA

View Full Version : Help-- Hair Color Help.. Cool blonde wanting to go back to golden blonde!

SurferB
June 6th, 2012, 10:47 PM
As the title states, I'm a cool bleach blonde presently, by mistake. I didn't want my hair to be too blonde where it looks grayish/green tones. The hair dresser messed up and I tried to fix it, but no luck. How do I bring back the golden color without using damaging dyes? Is there a way to go back to golden blonde without turning my entire hair green?? I NEED help... thank you all.

Shermie Girl
June 6th, 2012, 11:14 PM
I would suggest strand testing a golden blonde toner at your level. Don't commit to a full head application until you do your strand test. Sometimes different tones run afoul of one another and weird things can happen but I think that the golden may work over the ash to get you a golden/honey kind of colour. Just strand test! :lol: If the strand test is a fail, go to another salon and consult with a different colourist to see what can be safely done for your hair. :)

SurferB
June 6th, 2012, 11:45 PM
TY! Is there a toner I can get that is for cool blondes to go golden blonde??

akilina
June 7th, 2012, 12:44 AM
I think that you need professional help. I am a professional but I wish I could explain it in a way that was really easy to understand as to what exact toner to get but it's really hard when you are not standing in front of someone and analyzing the hair.

Katze
June 7th, 2012, 03:20 AM
yes, go professional.

I recently wanted to warm up my haircolor (I am naturally sort of tawny, sort of ash, used to be blonde, now liver colored hair) and got a mild golden dye in foiled highlights throughout the crown. It looks great, livens and warms my look up but still looks fairly natural (insofar as bright gold looks natural) and the hairdresser did exactly what I wanted. I would never have been able to achieve this with herbs, home kits, or anything else.

Back when I was a bottle blonde, I always had the opposite problem as yours - wanting to drab gold and brassy tones. Only professional dyes, then constant toner/colored shampoo, ever did the trick, and it was a PITA. :)

UpNorth
June 7th, 2012, 05:15 AM
I'm blonde, a very golden blonde I guess and I want to get rid of that :D Anyway, last weekend I tried a Cassia treatment, and boy it turned golden. I don´t like it, but maybe it can help you? maybe its too yellow though, but its not permanent and its really good for your hair so why not give it a try? It lasts for a month, or so I've heard.

MonaMayfair
June 7th, 2012, 07:56 AM
I was going to suggest cassia too. And when I had my natural hair color (before I started using henna) I used to use Aveda color shampoos and conditioners. The Blue Malva made my hair cool and silvery and the Chamomile made it very golden.

Tisiloves
June 7th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Chamomile and catnip teas can also be used to give a bit of gold.

SurferB
June 8th, 2012, 06:32 PM
I just don't want to use chemicals...ekk. I want to go all natural.

SurferB
June 18th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I thought I would update everyone. My hair is now turning more golden after some honey and lemons. I also found out that the dye used at the salon was not permanent! So, the lemons really could have washed out that odd color-- I'm guessing.