PDA

View Full Version : I grew four inches! (not what you think... read on!)

Tangles
July 30th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I feel like such a dork. I've been measuring my hair from the side of my head and wondering why I had so few inches relative to everyone else. I thought maybe I am a lot shorter than the rest of you (I'm 5'4). Turns out I was supposed to be measuring, according to LHC instructions, from my FRONT HAIRLINE. So I've "grown" to 20" in a single day. Neat.

spidermom
July 30th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I love it! I think I'll start measuring from the tip of my nose so that I can have a growth spurt, too.

enitsirk
July 30th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I love it! I think I'll start measuring from the tip of my nose so that I can have a growth spurt, too.

LMAO

What about your chin?

spidermom
July 30th, 2008, 08:33 PM
LMAO

What about your chin?

I'll save that for the next growth stall.

rapunzhell13
July 30th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah I should change my measurement since my hair is actually 6 inches from the nape rather than the front hairline (but it is 6 inches all over, ie. unintentionally layered). I'll go do that right now. :D

Elle
July 30th, 2008, 08:56 PM
I feel like such a dork. I've been measuring my hair from the side of my head and wondering why I had so few inches relative to everyone else. I thought maybe I am a lot shorter than the rest of you (I'm 5'4). Turns out I was supposed to be measuring, according to LHC instructions, from my FRONT HAIRLINE. So I've "grown" to 20" in a single day. Neat.

:lol: I did the exact same thing when I first joined the hair boards! It's pretty cool when your realize this, though, because like you said, all of a sudden you have 4 extra inches! :grin:

Golden21
July 30th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I was confused when I first joined! Somehow I came across a post on how to measure! I'm still not good at measuring- it's so awkward, but at least we're on the right track now!

dorothea-brooke
July 30th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Hee hee! Congratulations on your "spurt"!

Now that you know how to do it, you can enter the glorious world of getting a friend or SO to hold the tape measure for you. Monthly drama at my house:

Me: Do you have the longest end? Is it taut? Are you sure you're pulling it taut???

DH: :rolleyes:

dorothea

Amara
July 31st, 2008, 04:24 AM

Now that you know how to do it, you can enter the glorious world of getting a friend or SO to hold the tape measure for you. Monthly drama at my house:

Me: Do you have the longest end? Is it taut? Are you sure you're pulling it taut???

dorothea

LMAO! Ditto!

Little_Bird
July 31st, 2008, 04:30 AM
dorothea-brooke, it happens with me too, but with my sister!

It's hard to measure it ourselves isn't it? :p

30isthenewblack
July 31st, 2008, 05:28 AM

dorothea

Hilarious :D That is the scene at my house as well. I need it measured at least three times for accuracy hehe.

sipnsun
July 31st, 2008, 07:30 AM
lol, very cute! I still have trouble measuring so I get my DH to do it for me! I know he thinks its silly, but he does it without laughing every month!

Altocumulus
July 31st, 2008, 08:08 AM
LOL. I measure myself...my family already thinks I'm insane enough as it is.

dorothea-brooke
July 31st, 2008, 01:06 PM
Oh, if I could do it myself, I would! I know my DH thinks I'm nuts.

He also thinks the pictures are kind of nutty, too, but he's sweet and indulgent about all of it. :flower:

dorothea

Alethia
July 31st, 2008, 02:16 PM
My head is so huge, that I probably gain about 5" from the nape of my neck. Maybe we should get people to measure from the nape and the front hairline so we can see who has the big Munster heads!
<------Munster-head!

yrrebwartsymssi
July 31st, 2008, 08:33 PM
My head is so huge, that I probably gain about 5" from the nape of my neck. Maybe we should get people to measure from the nape and the front hairline so we can see who has the big Munster heads!
<------Munster-head!

loli think i have a munster head too