PDA

View Full Version : Washed my hair with soap...

Amygirl8
June 6th, 2012, 04:04 PM
and it turned out pretty good :D
On a whim I used a bar of soap (unbranded, too) to wash my hair last night, along with a teeny bit of conditioner. (I can already see some of you guys cringing)
I didn't know what to expect, but it turned out pretty good!

My hair was a bit waxy at first, but today it was very soft and made my snake waves extra shiny. =)

Have any of you ever washed your hair with soap? How were your experiences?

akilina
June 6th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Alot of members on here use shampoo bars.
My mom makes hand made soap like legit style...not just buying soap you melt down and pour into molds. She makes it with wonderful oils and lye (which is cured in 14 days and no longer caustic or active) she also uses real essential oils in it because fragrance gives her headaches.
I have used them as shampoo before and they made my hair feel great.
Her soap is very beneficial and moisturizing.

HintOfMint
June 6th, 2012, 04:47 PM
I've used a soap bar on my hair before and even though it was mostly on my roots, it was still a disaster. A fuzzy, tangly disaster. And it was a nice artisan etsy type soap too. I just wanted my hair to smell like oatmeal and honey!

ETA: yes, I used conditioner afterwards too.

door72067
June 6th, 2012, 04:54 PM
:poot:

I must have tired eyes because I read that as "washed my hair with soup"

and being LHC I didn't even bat an eyelash and just thought "I wonder what kind?"

:cheese:

cmg
June 6th, 2012, 05:15 PM

and being LHC I didn't even bat an eyelash and just thought "I wonder what kind?"

:D Same here ha ha

About the soap thing: I dont see any problem with using soap on the hair exept it can leave some lime in it, so rinsing with something acidic or ACV is essential in the long run. It also has the potential to clog the skin, which may generate itching or other problems for sensitive people. I have used soap sometimes. Some handmade soaps really smell heavenly and are very tempting to use in the hair :p

/ CMG

Amygirl8
June 6th, 2012, 05:25 PM
:D Same here ha ha

About the soap thing: I dont see any problem with using soap on the hair exept it can leave some lime in it, so rinsing with something acidic or ACV is essential in the long run. It also has the potential to clog the skin, which may generate itching or other problems for sensitive people. I have used soap sometimes. Some handmade soaps really smell heavenly and are very tempting to use in the hair :p

/ CMG

That explains the video some more (they said to rinse with water that had lemon juice or vinegar in it)
I'll have to find some. Thanks for the tip! :]

Amygirl8
June 6th, 2012, 05:27 PM
:poot:

:cheese:
Haha, that got a laugh out of me :D
I wonder if something as simple as chicken soup broth would help hair? I should try it XD

cmg
June 6th, 2012, 06:18 PM
That explains the video some more (they said to rinse with water that had lemon juice or vinegar in it)

My personal favourite is lime. It leaves a faint scent in the hair and less of the fruity bits like from a squeezed lemon. One lime for the hairwash and one lime for the papaya that I'm eating tonight! :D

/ CMG

door72067
June 8th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Haha, that got a laugh out of me :D
I wonder if something as simple as chicken soup broth would help hair? I should try it XD

well...there are elements that could be moisturizing and chicken *is* full of protein :D lol

I'd be afraid I'd smell like a deli for days though lol