PDA

View Full Version : New favorite CO Conditioner!!

Miss Maisie
June 6th, 2012, 09:33 AM
I finally broke down and got Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner, and I think I'm in love! I don't co exclusively - I shampoo every 3 days or so - but this stuff is pretty amazing. It smells heavenly (peppermint plus tea tree!), gets a decent lather, and I swear I can feel all the sebum and other gross things on my scalp just melt away! My hair is full of body and super shiny - I only wish the wonderful smell stayed longer. Oh well! Can't win them all!

If you're lucky enough to have a Trader Joe's nearby - try it!! I hope you love it as much as I do!

brave
June 6th, 2012, 09:48 AM
My mom has this in her shower and fortunately I'm home this month! I had tried it with shampoo but it wasn't stronge enough. I'll try it for CO next time I wash.

Neecola
June 6th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I finally broke down and got Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner, and I think I'm in love!

This is my absolute favorite for co-washing. Love the ingredient list and it dilutes well. I had tried CO for awhile before and my scalp hated it, my hair was greasy, etc. (I was using the highly recommended VO5). On a whim six months later, I tried CO again with this stuff and it was a completely different experience! I have not used shampoo in a good six months and my hair is actually less greasy than when I was shampooing! :cloud9:

MissEarlGrey
June 6th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Isn't this the one with the parabens in it? I think those were the only off-putting ingredients.

organicmoon
June 6th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Trader Joe's is a good drive away from me but I love to shop there but honestly haven't even looked at their conditioners. (on my list now) Has anyone tried the Nourish Spa I heard good things about it and love to rotate my conditioners but the tub I keep outside the shower is filling up fast lol. Mostly suave and vo5. Just got the freesia one and its strong smelling but I dilute and its nice on days I dont need extra moisture cause its lighter. My new fav smelling has to be vo5 blackberry sage tea therapy. Very good but also very light conditioner.

brave
June 6th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Tried it. My mom had so little left I was afraid it wouldn't work -- normally I need globs, and I use thick stuff like mane'n'tail. However, this took a lot less! And worked wonderfully. Lots of slip. The ingredients list is swoon worthy.

The town I go to college in doesn't have a trader joes, so I think I'll have to buy like 10 bottles here. How much is it normally?

rena
June 6th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Wow, I'm glad you had such a great experience Miss Maisie. I looked this stuff up real quick, and it seems everyone has something good to say about it. I'm looking to broaden my CO options, (doesn't want to be stuck on Garnier for the rest of my life) so maybe I'll give this try! Thanks for sharing :).

Neecola
June 7th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Isn't this the one with the parabens in it? I think those were the only off-putting ingredients.

No, I believe that was the Trader Joe's Nourish. If you check out the user posted pic here at the Amazon listing, you can see the ingredients.

http://www.amazon.com/Trader-Joes-Conditioner-Peppermint-Eucalyptus/dp/B002LMNJDA