PDA

View Full Version : Conditioner Allergies?

anime_length
June 6th, 2012, 05:34 AM
I was really excited when I read the reviews on here for the Green Apple Suave Conditioner. But when I went to sleep that night after using it my face swelled up like I was a chubby toddler. The weird thing is that i've never had an allergy to conditioner and this bottle says hypo-allergenic on it. Has any one else experienced this?

pink.sara
June 6th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Not an allergy to that particular one, but Neutrogena clarifying shampoo left red trails of welts all over my face shoulders and back when I rinsed it out.

And Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition did almost the same, more like an itchy pin prick rash from that one so less severe but still horrid.

I'd advise an allergy test if you can, if not antihisthamines and avoid that brand!

Luckily it only seems to be these 2 so far and I try new products all the time (I'm one of those women who has dozens of shampoos and conditioners in the bathroom) so it seems to be more a combination/concentration of ingredients that is the issue. Hopefully for you it will be just this one. :)

SongofLove
June 6th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Oh no! Sorry to hear of your allergic reaction...

This is the conditioner I use and the only adverse reaction I get from it is some itchiness if it touches my skin for too long.

pepperminttea
June 6th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Ouch, sorry that happened to you. :( Take note of the ingredients, then if it happens again with another product you might be able to pinpoint the specific ingredient that caused it. If it was the scent though, that can be literally hundreds of different things under the umbrella of 'parfum'.

I hope you feel better soon. :grouphug:

anime_length
June 6th, 2012, 07:25 AM
yeah, i think i sleep on my hair, so i think it may be the same reaction. anyway, thanks for your help pink.sara & SongofLove . ^__^

anime_length
June 6th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Ouch, sorry that happened to you. :( Take note of the ingredients, then if it happens again with another product you might be able to pinpoint the specific ingredient that caused it. If it was the scent though, that can be literally hundreds of different things under the umbrella of 'parfum'.

I hope you feel better soon. :grouphug:

awe, thanks, i'm all better now. I was just wondering how common it was. too bad too, since that stuff was literally 1/30 of the cost of my old shampoo.

barely.there
June 6th, 2012, 09:02 AM
parabens give me acne on my scalp. so I stick with the natural shampoos!!!!

lapushka
June 6th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Are you 100% sure that it was the conditioner and not something else you used, ate that day or were otherwise exposed to? :)