PDA

View Full Version : Hairloss/shedding-help!

Lucky_Lucy
June 6th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Ok so I guess I might just be paranoid, but my hair seems to be shedding a lot more recently. Also when I last measured my ponytail circumference, it was around 4.8" which means it decreased from the 5.2" it was after I had cut my bangs. But I wasn't that alarmed, thinking that maybe, you know, I am too obsessed with hair and that's why I see hair everywhere around the house(bathroom, my bedroom, the places where I usually stay). Today I was just oiling my hair and I "grabbed" all of it in a ponytail, and without even putting my fingers through it(if that makes sense, I was kind of only holding it) there was a whole lot of fallen hair. I mean it shouldn't have been that much. Like 20 hairs and I only touched my hair once. :(
I'm really worried because the reason I cut my hair in the first place was because it was thinned and damaged, and I don't want to start all over again. :(
What should I do?? Has anybody experienced this kind of thing(hair starting shedding like this, even only when you touch it?)? I mean I know there are all kinds of causes for hairloss like anemia, stress, avitaminosis etc. But still did it happen without any apparent reason?
(My apologies if I'm being paranoid/inchoerent, but I'm really worried.)

carolinaberry
June 6th, 2012, 01:16 AM
This doesn't help you, but I'm having a shed right now too. I think my eyebrows have even thinned! I suggest to you what I am going to do-go to the doctor to get bloodwork and a physical done.

Servana
June 6th, 2012, 01:38 AM
The same thing is happening to me too.. =(
It's gotten better though. My hair was coming out in clumps every time I touched it. I realised it was because of my new shampoo. The shampoo was great, it was for dry hair & it made my hair wonderful. However, I have realised that my hair does not like moisturizing ingredients, especially coconut oil. It just comes out in clumps & my scalp gets very irritated. Now that I've gone back to my regular drying shampoos my shedding has reduced greatly.
Note: All the shampoos I have used have been natural, sulfate-free, etc.
There are still clumps of hair missing from my eyebrows, though. =\

Have you changed shampoos or conditioners recently? Done any new hair treatments? That's something to wonder about.

Silverbrumby
June 6th, 2012, 01:49 AM
It's gotten better though. My hair was coming out in clumps every time I touched it. I realised it was because of my new shampoo. The shampoo was great, it was for dry hair & it made my hair wonderful. However, I have realised that my hair does not like moisturizing ingredients, especially coconut oil. It just comes out in clumps & my scalp gets very irritated. Now that I've gone back to my regular drying shampoos my shedding has reduced greatly.

Have you changed shampoos or conditioners recently? Done any new hair treatments? That's something to wonder about.

I appear to shed more now but I also think it's the LHC care I've been giving it. In the past I washed it everyday to every second day. I brushed, brushed and brushed some more during the day. So unlike now where I wide tooth comb and shampoo ever 3 days or longer without much handling, back in the old days I think I just washed/brushed away all the hairs and just didn't notice them.

I lose around 70+ on heavy days and 40 to 50 on ok days.

My ponytail is 2.7.

It would be heaven if I ever got past a 3!

Lucky_Lucy
June 7th, 2012, 02:17 PM

I'm glad that your shedding has reduced!:cheese: It's great to find out what hair products really work for you, but in order to do that you'll have to try using them, which means that you can also find some bad ones along the way.
Now that I think of it, I HAVE changed my conditioner, or rather I have been cone-free for like a month or two. That kind of coincides with the time I started shedding more.(But also school-related worries, midterms and love problems started at the same time so there might be some kind of connection between these and the routine change.) But the thing is that I don't want to start using cones again(for the moment) because I have noticed that my hair is far more wavy than it was before and I went cone-free BECAUSE I wanted to see if my hair got more wavy. Also, now I'm taking some supplements that should stop shedding.
So I guess I'll keep this up for another month until school is over(stress source) and if nothing changes , then I guess it was the conditioner's fault after all.

This doesn't help you, but I'm having a shed right now too. I think my eyebrows have even thinned! I suggest to you what I am going to do-go to the doctor to get bloodwork and a physical done.

I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with this too. :( But you're right, we should go to the doctor because the reason for shedding might also be internal. I suggest you start taking some multivitamin just in case.;)

LauraWolfhart
June 8th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Are you stressed or eating more/less of something lately?

I recommend this product a lot on this site, but as it's especially effective for hair loss then here I go again. Try Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan which deeply conditions, smooths and stimulates hair growth. Oil. My clients (I’m a hairstylist) are also using it and have already noticed a significant growth spurt and less hair loss.