PDA

View Full Version : hair type me please? *pic*

kidari
June 5th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I washed and conditioned and air dried without touching it after combing out with a wide-toothed comb. In this picture it is almost completely dry and slightly frizzy. It's hard to tell if I'm completely straight because I have all over layers.

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/kidari4/IMG_0177.jpg

CurlyCap
June 5th, 2012, 09:48 PM
I have no clue about straighter hair types. I just wanted to say that, whenever I feel the whimsy of wanting to chair hair types, yours is exactly what I wish for.

It's so shiny! And full! And I love that it's straight but not quite. :D

kidari
June 5th, 2012, 09:53 PM
I have no clue about straighter hair types. I just wanted to say that, whenever I feel the whimsy of wanting to chair hair types, yours is exactly what I wish for.

It's so shiny! And full! And I love that it's straight but not quite. :D

aww thank you! I wish I was a wavy or a curly. The only thing is that parts of my hair is coarse and wavy and others are more fine and straight so wearing it down calls for a heat-free set with tons of cones or a light oiling. Call me strange but I adore frizz. It's not that often my hair frizzes but when it does I welcome the volume and sexiness. :eyebrows:

Lucky_Lucy
June 5th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Well if you didn't have layers, I think it would have been easier to tell, but I see you've got some wave there. I'd say you're 1c or maybe even 1c/2a. :D

Falcore
June 6th, 2012, 12:19 AM
I'm going to say 1b.

Is that henndigo? I love the colour :)

Servana
June 6th, 2012, 01:59 AM
I have layers too & it makes me look like a 2a, even though each individual layer is straight..

I think you're a 1b/c. You'd have to grow the layers to a longer length to tell properly, though.

kidari
June 6th, 2012, 02:06 AM
I'm going to say 1b.

Is that henndigo? I love the colour :)

I have not used henna or indigo but I do dye my hair black using conventional dyes. Root touch up only with permanent dye, not pulling the color through to the ends and then every several months I'll do a heavy coconut oiling and do an all over coloring with either semi-permanent or a foam permanent color.

kidari
June 6th, 2012, 02:08 AM
I have layers too & it makes me look like a 2a, even though each individual layer is straight..

I think you're a 1b/c. You'd have to grow the layers to a longer length to tell properly, though.

Yeah, I think the shorter pieces flip and make it look like s waves that I wish I had. I give up typing my hair until it's one length.

BlazingHeart
June 6th, 2012, 02:38 AM
I'd guess 1b or 1b/1c, too. As the others said, it'd be easier to type your hair if it wasn't layered, but I think that something in that range is a decent working estimate until you have your hair one length.

~Blaze

Charybdis
June 6th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Hmm. I think you're at least 1c. The combing after the shower will have pulled out some of the wave. The ends look to me like they're flicking out too much to consider you a 1b mixed type. (My $0.02.)

pepperminttea
June 6th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Hmm. I think you're at least 1c. The combing after the shower will have pulled out some of the wave. The ends look to me like they're flicking out too much to consider you a 1b mixed type. (My $0.02.)

Agreed, I'd be intrigued to see an uncombed photo, it looks like there's a bit more wave hiding there. :)

red-again
June 6th, 2012, 02:55 AM
I'd rewash with a clarifying shampoo and no conditioner as it can weigh your hair down. I brushed my hair when dry, washed with clarifying shamp then just held a towel on my Haida till the drips stopped and waited till it dried.
When I did it your method, I came out with the results you can see in my avatar. When I did it the above way, I came out with the result below. Avatar 1b, siggy 2a.
Worth a try!

lapushka
June 6th, 2012, 09:41 AM
I'm saying 1b also.

SoulOfTheSea
June 6th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I think you could possibly be in the 2's (without your hair combed, that is). You should take another picture of your air-dried hair that hasn't been combed, because that will be your natural texture. :flower:

ETA: Oop, didn't see your update, glad you found some waves! :)

WaterMusic
June 6th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I agree with the others, do it again but don't comb it out after the shower at all. I suspect you are 2a, but it's hard to tell with the waves combed out.

SurferB
June 6th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Hair type... Thick

;-P

P.s.... I have no idea how to "hair type".

MonicaJean
June 6th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I also think you should try again without combing. :) My waves don't show well at all when I comb/detangle AT ALL. Literally do not touch your hair until it dries.