PDA

View Full Version : Who knew?

Amethyste
June 5th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Well, as my hair is getting longer, it is also starting to be pretty wavy! I never knew I had waves in my hair! I kinda like it! I was on vacation to Aruba last week and after taking a shower and washingmy hair, I let it air dry for a bit and my husband said "Your hair is different, what did you do to it? I love it!" I ran to the mirror and to my disbelief, I saw pretty waves! I was totally dumbfounded!

Since this discovery, I have been treating my hair as it is wavy! I have gotten mousse for curly/wavy hair and a diffuser (use on cool setting) and what a relief! My hair is so much easier to care for, it only take 5-10 mins in the morning to get ready! I just need to spray it down with a mixture of water and baby oil, and re-diffuse, put my clippies in and ready to walk out the door!. I think treating it that way will help to grow it without the fuss!!! :cheese:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75639728@N06/7158578037/

PrairieRose
June 5th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Yay for waves!:cheese:
I recently got caught in the rain and discovered small waves on the side of my head. I was hoping they would grow into bigger waves but sadly this is not the case....yet!:eyebrows:
Congrats on your waves:D

kidari
June 5th, 2012, 09:35 PM
That is so awesome! Your so lucky that you've found that your hair is easier to style.

Maelyssa
June 5th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Loving the waves! Our hair sure does surprise us sometimes huh? Great growing.

lunalocks
June 5th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I was surprised by waves about 5 years ago. I discovered I had a wavy "streak" happening in the back. on the the right, But after working outside in the misty rain for several hours, all of my hair turned kinky. Now, after I wash, and put some mineral oil in, I almost have spirals. Was it menopause? Was it the serious illness I had about 7 years ago? I HAVE had my hair this long when I was in my 20's, but it was stick straight then.

I would never have thought that I would have kinky, even wavy hair, naturally. Yes, it is a surprise.

Ticky
June 6th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Nice waves! It's great that you found the way it works the best for you, and is fast! :)

UpNorth
June 6th, 2012, 04:34 AM
so pretty!

I wish I could have waves too:(

lapushka
June 6th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Nice discovery! :)

LaFlor
June 6th, 2012, 09:39 AM
wish this would happen to me!

fayeelizibeth
June 6th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Your hair looks lovely! ^_^

I made a similar discovery when I changed my washing habits. I thought my hair was nearly straight, but it turns out it's pretty wavy if I don't brush it out! Who knew :p?!

dollyfish
June 6th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Hip hip hooray for discovering waves! :cheese:

I'm in totally the same boat. I "used" to have beautiful soft wavy hair as a young child, but then around the age of 8 I started cutting it down to pixie every summer, and I dyed (and straightener-burned) my hair all through my teens... so I figured as I got older my "adult" hair was thicker and straighter... Little did I know that my hair was a different texture due to DAMAGE.

My almost-arm-pit-length virgin hair is soft, a lighter brown, and perfectly wavy... just like it was when I was a toddler. Amazing!

HintOfMint
June 6th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Does using a diffuser on cool make a difference? I know that, with persuasion, my hair can be a 3A, but I don't want to use heat. I know that blowdrying on cool doesn't do anything for my hair except make me cold, but is a diffuser different since it blows hair in different directions and does more for shaping curls than actually drying them?

SoulOfTheSea
June 6th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Your hair looks so pretty with the waves! Congratulations! :flower:

Amethyste
June 8th, 2012, 07:46 AM
THanks ladies! :)