PDA

View Full Version : How to 'top up' my colour?

Bagginslover
June 5th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I am a Henna convert, but with my darker hair, it doesn't always show up very well.

I looked at the colour enhanching shampoo and conditioners in the supermarket, and they are SO expensive!!

Is there a way to make my own colour enhancing product? Maybe mixing Manicpanic with my conditioner or something? Would that work at all?

Tisiloves
June 5th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I know blue/purple MP in conditioner works to reduce brassy tones, so presumabably red MP would work to bring out the red tones. Why don't you give it a try?

akilina
June 5th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Idk...I wouldn't use manic panic and conditioner for that. Id just use manic panic by its self every so often.
Color enhancing shampoos aren't really that expensive. I've found plenty for 3-5 dollars a bottle. It would be far cheaper to buy one then buy conditioner and a 8-9 dollar tub of manic panic.
I wonder if these shampoos would enhance henna at all. I've been considering trying one lately. I always liked John Freida shampoos for color but I found the red one a little drying.

Bagginslover
June 5th, 2012, 01:26 PM
The only one I found in my local supermarket was £5.50 a bottle, thats about $9 each!!

I wondered about the mixing as I use an 88p per bottle condishoner,and Manic Panic is the same price as the 'poo and condish, but would last lots longer..... Of course, if it wouldn't work, it would be a waste ;)

I appreciate all the input :)