PDA

View Full Version : Does Trimming Make Your Hair Grow Faster - THE EXPERIMENT (With C Factors)

gogirlanime
June 5th, 2012, 12:57 PM
This thread is for everyone who wanted to do the original experiment here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=92802) only who wants to keep track of all / most factor Cs that could effect your growth rate instead of just diet, exercise, supplement, and hair care routines.

So I've been reading a lot and posted a lot about if trimming makes your hair grow faster I hear, "no" I hear, "microtrimming does" I hear, "that hasn't been determined" and of course "it works differently for everyone"

Who would like to experiment to find the truth with me?
Does trimming (or micro) make your hair grow faster? (While keeping track of C factors)

Scientific Experiments
In scientific experiments to make sure that your findings are truthful you must isolate the experiment and get rid of what is called "factor c" this is anything else that could have possibly given you the same results as the thing you are trying to prove. For example, if in the first month you don't take any vitamins for your hair and measure the growth at 1/2" but then next month you trim your hair and take vitamins and you get 1" of growth, the vitamins is what is called "factor c" the extra growth could have been from the vitamins and not the trimming.

You must make sure that you do almost everything in your life the same for the whole three months to make sure that the only thing done differently is a trim during your second month. PLEASE make sure you are willing to be dedicated like that for this experiment if you are going to participate otherwise our findings could be void. Find a thread or information on how to measure your hair correctly measure from the same spot every time

C Factors (you should be keeping track of all of these to make sure your results are closest to 100% accurate as possible)

Please include any other C factors you can think of because there are hundreds but I can't think of them all right now

Is it breakage or growth?
Hormonal changes
Your diet
Your hair care
Shampoos you use
Conditioners you use
Are you sleeping the same amount everyday?
Are you working out the same amount
Are you getting on/off any medications?
Were you pregnant and had a baby or were you not pregnant and now you are?
Are you doing your experiment only in one season (like not starting in fall and ending in winter) but only starting in fall and ending in fall for example

Requirements

You must put something in your hair right up to your root each month to measure the growth to make sure it is growth or dye your hair. Sometimes your hair will break and your over all growth will seem less because of breakage. Put a hair tie, braid your hair, put a secure bead anything like that so you can see your roots (or dye your hair like I am) at the end of the month and then re-secure it back to your roots every month. Measure your growth length only and total length every month
You must promise to the experiment that for 3 months you keep basically everything you do all the same nothing new added or changed (so if you want to add or change something figure it out before you start)
You must pick a date so that it goes as the following: first month, no trim, second month your trim, third month, no trim. This will show us your growth rate without a trim, with a trim, and after a trim without the experiment being too long
You must chose a date to begin (it can be 4-5 months from now if you want as long as it is for 3 months in the no trim / trim / no trim order) For example you could chose June 20th as your start day and then July 20th would be your month 1 measure day AND trim day August 20th would be your month 2 measure day and September 20th would be your last measure day.
During your second month when you trim make sure to record your length before and after your trim so that your next measurement in a month is accurate

A Timeline Example
June 20th - Measure hair for the beginning
July 20th - Measure first month of growth and then trim hair
August 20th - Measure second month of growth
September 20th - Measure third month of growth

Fill this entry out in your post (and I will add you to the list on this post)

What C factors are you keeping track of?
A summary of your hair routine / things you do for your hair
What is your current hair length?
What day are you starting? (example the 15th of every month)
What do you currently believe that it does or doesn't make your hair grow faster?
What type of trim are you going to be doing, a micro or regular, about what length of a trim?
When was the last time you trimmed?

The Experimenters
None so far :(