PDA

View Full Version : 6 month progress (photos) and Morocan Oil

MermaidTresses
June 5th, 2012, 12:35 PM
http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o579/mermaidtresses1133/Collages1.jpg

The above is a photo of about 6 months of progress.
I did have my first trim since Nov. 2011 last week and the ends surely were begging for it. It looks so much better and feels much nicer and less apt to snag while finger combing. The ends of my braids look much neater, too.

I also changed product lines as unfortunately, the natural products just were not serving my hair as I had hoped. I am now using the MORROCAN OIL line (shampoo, conditioner, and a masque) and I am loving it. Here is the website, if you're interested:)
http://www.moroccanoil.com/

The products do contain some of the ingredients I would usually stay away from, but I am just loving the results too much to stop...and why should I? Somehow, my hair seems to love cones:( I first tried these products a few weeks ago while on vacation, compliments of my mom, and I loved the results. I suppose it also could have been the moist sea breeze, too:) I also get the products deeply discounted (and my hair cut was only $5, too!!!!) as my cousin works at the salon I visit 2x year. (although, after seeing what this trim has done, I may go 3x year....if I get very brave!)

I am also thankful for the SUN for lightening up my locks a bit after such a dreary winter:)

.....best wishes to all of you;)

spidermom
June 5th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Your hair looks good, and that's great progress.

Iscoria
June 5th, 2012, 01:04 PM
If you like how your hair looks and feels with cones then I say go for it! And it really looks great by the way, healthy! :)

moon2dove
June 5th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Wow! Your hair is so lovely! I love your hair colour too :)

Congrats on your progress!

MermaidTresses
June 5th, 2012, 01:56 PM
thank you so much, everyone:o
I'm glad to still be forever 100% color/dye free...although, this past winter was tempting with all the dreariness.

afu
June 5th, 2012, 02:00 PM
You have really lovely hair :)

jacqueline101
June 5th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Your hair looks great.

lapushka
June 5th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Your hair looks great, even though it looks like you trimmed almost all your growth away.

Carissamarie08
June 5th, 2012, 04:05 PM
I love Moroccan oil! It's the best product for me.

Ticky
June 5th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Your hair is lovely, congrats on the progress :)

BrightEyes
June 5th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Your hair is beautiful. The color is lovely:)

MermaidTresses
June 5th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I agree, I think that a lot of the growth did get trimmed away-- but it needed it. It may have took actually sitting in the hairdressers chair and having her really show me all of the nasty ends-- it looked terrible. My goal now is to really, really, REALLY care for the ends like antique lace!

lapushka
June 5th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I agree, I think that a lot of the growth did get trimmed away-- but it needed it. It may have took actually sitting in the hairdressers chair and having her really show me all of the nasty ends-- it looked terrible. My goal now is to really, really, REALLY care for the ends like antique lace!

Well it looks great, no matter what length! :D

Micayla47
June 5th, 2012, 06:18 PM
you have gorgeous hair, especially the color. i'm glad you used the sun to "color" your hair.

Tia2010
June 5th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Your hair looks great!

blondie9912
June 5th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Beautiful hair!

Falcore
June 5th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Your hair looks lovely and you can really notice the difference from the sun.

I love the moroccan oil range it smells sooooo good - but a little to expensive for me.

Littlewing13
June 5th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Gorgeous hair :)

catamonica
June 5th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Your hair looks really good.

Colourful
June 6th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Very pretty. :) :)