PDA

View Full Version : Lounging around styles

Littlewing13
June 5th, 2012, 02:10 AM
So you have a day off work, no commitments, its cold outside & pouring with rain. You decide as soon as you get up & look outside that you aren't leaving the house, and quite possibly might lie in bed watching movies/reading a good book all day. What do you decide to do with your hair?

Ishje
June 5th, 2012, 02:17 AM
now I just leave it, or when it is in the way put it in a half up.
when my hair was long enough to braid, I just kept the braid I slept with :)
that is probably how it will go as soon as my hair is long enough to braid again.

sunshine-locks
June 5th, 2012, 02:19 AM
I'd probably pull mine back with a headband and mush my hair into a messy bun :)

Arrow
June 5th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Well... my days off are the days I tend to spend playing with my hair trying out all sorts of different styles, so it could be anything!

MeowScat
June 5th, 2012, 02:23 AM
I always do a Cinnabun on top of my head held with two Spin Pins. A scrunchy holds much tighter but it bends my ends something fierce. It really ruins the look of the bun waves.

If I'm going to be laying down or sitting back in the recliner, it HAS to be on the very top of my head. I hate resting my head on a lump of hair, it's so uncomfortable. I just have to be careful not to move my head back and forth alot because I'll get little snarly tangles on the back of my head. If DH isn't around, I'll wear a satin sleepcap over it if it's not too hot.

A braid gets annoying after a while. I find myself constantly moving it out of my way.

Madora
June 5th, 2012, 03:58 PM
What I do every day..detangle, then brush 100 strokes with my bbb, then up it goes in a braided bun on top of my head. If I'm feeling really ambitious, I'll do a lace braid around my head.

buttercupmcgee
June 5th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I like Heidi braids--buns on the back of my head irritate me when lying down, and after a long time of wearing it on the top of my head, it starts to ache. I also like to oil it to death on my days off since no one will be seeing me, hehe.

Venefica
June 5th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I generally wear braids or a nautilus bun when I am just relaxing around the house, though sometime I like to play around and do something adventurous with my hair, just for myself to feel pretty, even if I am not leaving the house that day.

Tisiloves
June 5th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Ponytail/messy bun.

Zesty
June 5th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Usually a mix of down and in a hair stick cinnamon bun. I'll pull the stick out if I'm going to lay down to read or S&D, and put it back up if I'm sitting up or doing something. It's so easy to redo the bun that I don't bother to try to find a style that I can use for every lounging activity.

Amber_Maiden
June 5th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Top knot- then it's up and out of the way.

owlathena
June 5th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Either I leave it how it is (usually down, but could be yesterday's messy pony or braid)

or

these are the kinds of days when I do some sort of hair treatment, like egg or SMT, in which case its in a shower cap for a couple hours

Ndayeni
June 5th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Lately I usually just twist the bulk of it up into a peacock twist with my Goody Comfort-flex barrette then clip the shorter bits on the sides with bobby pins, mini claw clips, or snap clips, whatever's handiest. On days when I've oiled it heavily to treat it, I try to do it in a french braid or something that I'll be able to sleep in, since I don't usually wash it until the next day.

ohmygackt
June 5th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I usually just put it up in a lazy wrap bun.

Carissamarie08
June 5th, 2012, 05:42 PM
I just leave my hair down.

Amygirl8
June 5th, 2012, 06:03 PM
A faux French braid usually works for me XD
Although, most of the time it's in something, ready for curls or waves the next day, whether it be socks, baby wipes, rags, or some silly method I made up to see if it works, haha.

karenpetal
June 5th, 2012, 06:13 PM
For my days off ... is when i try funky styles I wouldn't on working days .... pig tails, pig tail braids .....
Amygirl8 - what is a Faux French Braid ?

patienceneeded
June 5th, 2012, 06:44 PM
If I'm not going to do anything but lay around my house, then I am going to do absolutely nothing with my hair other than comb it out. Perhaps a low pony or braid if it bothers me. Mostly, I'd just leave it loose.

battles
June 5th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I twist into a cinnamon bun and then clip with my ficcare. It doesn't stay very well, though, because I have layers and the ends always come untucked.

julierockhead
June 5th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Days off are experiment days! I just love putting concoctions on my head and wearing my bright orange and purple knitted wool hat over a plastic cap all day. Keeps me off the streets.

Honestwitness
June 5th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Loose and free.

firegypsy
June 5th, 2012, 08:14 PM
trying to get out of the habit of a simple ponytail that I don't pull all the way through. Since getting a lovely fork I'm using that and just doing a bun.

I have too many sensory issues to wear my hair down.

fayeelizibeth
June 5th, 2012, 08:46 PM
I have these cheap and sorta ugly plastic claw clips from Sally's that came in a pack. I usually toss it up in one of those, and put a fabric hairband on my head if i want my bangs out of the way. Actually wearing that 'style' right now :p it's definitely not a look, but it's comfy and keeps my hair safely out of the way.

hypersensitive
June 5th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I'll probably experiment with complex styles, especially ones with tons of intricate braids.

Maelyssa
June 5th, 2012, 10:15 PM
If its only a day or two after a wash I leave it down, otherwise I put it in a bun secured with a hair toy of choice.

SongofLove
June 6th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Braid, braided bun, or loose (if I'm starting to get a headache).

barely.there
June 6th, 2012, 09:05 AM
I would do nothing to my hair, cause i'd be sleeping!

Phexlyn
June 6th, 2012, 09:29 AM
An English braid or a cinnabun, probably. Or I might get really fancy just because I have the time to pin my hair in a complicated fashion! :D

jasper
June 6th, 2012, 09:35 AM
English braid over to the left side. That makes it out of the way for resting my head on my pillow or the arm of my couch. Zzzzzzz.

white.chocolate
June 7th, 2012, 03:45 PM
If I'm going to be relaxing at home, it'll be down because I'm most comfortable that way.

jacqueline101
June 8th, 2012, 09:47 AM
A scrunchi bun is a good day off style.

Kinkycurlygurl
June 8th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Usually I do one or two braids and pin them up. Simple, quick and keeps the tangles at bay.

Tota
June 8th, 2012, 10:30 AM
I keep the style I slept in - top knot.

ETA: Made with spin pins.

longNred
June 8th, 2012, 10:37 AM
my "not leaving the house" days are often filled with laundry, cooking, and cleaning - there is never any real lounging going on - so I usually do a quick top knot so it's up and out of the way.

elbow chic
June 8th, 2012, 04:34 PM
something tasteful:

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb393/elbowchic/Untitled.jpg

firegypsy
June 8th, 2012, 04:38 PM
something tasteful:

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb393/elbowchic/Untitled.jpg

you just won the internets for today.

jillosity
June 8th, 2012, 04:42 PM
a day off is a good time for oiling or deep conditioning, you can walk around with goo in your hair, a plastic veggie bag on your head and relax!

SerinaDaith
June 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Oiled and up when it get's long enough to be pulled up tight, till then bobby pinned back and out of my face is the general rule.