PDA

View Full Version : Mystery wave

Miss Catrina
June 4th, 2012, 07:57 PM
So my hair has always been pretty much straight... so can anyone explain why it does this after I shower?

http://i50.tinypic.com/212tv79.jpg

I comb all my hair straight back after showering, and it eventually falls and has a middle part (yikes)... and when it does, it does this.

Is my head somehow acting as a roller, or what?

Jesabel
June 4th, 2012, 08:33 PM
If you comb it all straight back then I guess as it's drying the roots are drying upwards, so then when the rest of the hair falls back down you've created volume at your roots by letting it dry to opposite way it falls :)

Kelikea
June 4th, 2012, 09:01 PM
It looks like you have a cowlick or natural wave there. Even if most of your hair is straight, you can have random waves. My hair has anywhere from 1c to 2c waves. The front/top section is 1c/2a and everything else is 2b/2c, but varies based on humidity, cleanliness, condition, etc. Maybe as it grows and you baby it, more waves will emerge.

Miss Catrina
June 4th, 2012, 09:10 PM
I don't think it can be a cowlick, because I've had straight across bangs before with no issue, and can comb my hair straight down now with no problem (if it's dried that way).

I wish the rest of my hair could do that. :I

Ocelan
June 5th, 2012, 03:04 AM
I have pretty straight hair and that happens to me too when I comb my hair back and hold it there for a while and then let it fall to it's normal center part way. It's just the hair used to going up and back but the length is pulling it down. For me it's easily combed back out with only a little wave left in after and even that is evened out soon by the weight of the hair. I look like a strange lion when I have had my hair back and let it fall down since that happens to both sides :P