PDA

View Full Version : Do you dream about hair?!

Sivan
June 4th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I had 2 hair dreams recently. Last week I dyed it darker and regretted it because I stopped dyeing ages ago in real life... and last night I dreamed that someone cut it and it was too short!!

haha hair obsessed...
what are you hair dreams?!

hazelscythe
June 4th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Back in high school my waist length hair was chopped off to shoulder length thanks to a misunderstanding with a new stylist. I frequently dreamed that my hair was back to waist length for a while...
I gradually accepted my short hair and even kept it short for some time. Now that I am on LHC, I can't wait to have long hair again and I have been dreaming of long locks again.

ladylowtide
June 4th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Yes. I dream its trailing on the floor. I dream that its is white, or black, or red. I dream that it is in fancy buns and braided styles. I dream that I is in all sorts of strange cuts. My nightmares consist of me doing something impulsive with it. OR worse I am at a salon and I have to get it cut for some reason.

jellycatty
June 4th, 2012, 07:02 PM
I dream about other people's hair. Is that weird? :p

Dovetail
June 4th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Ha I had my first hair dream last night, that I can remember anyways. I was thinking about buying one of the caruso hair systems to curl my hair. Anyhow, in my dream I was thinking about a box my M-I-L gave me of hair stuff, and I remembered she gave me one! with curls still unopened and everything.
:p I had stashed it away since I had a curling iron, but now I have a use for it! yay for dream-remembering.

Sivan
June 4th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Yes. I dream its trailing on the floor. I dream that its is white, or black, or red. I dream that it is in fancy buns and braided styles. I dream that I is in all sorts of strange cuts. My nightmares consist of me doing something impulsive with it. OR worse I am at a salon and I have to get it cut for some reason.
My hair nightmares also include me being impulsive!!! A few months ago, I dreamed that I dyed my hair bright blue. I was so relieved when I woke up... haha.
I have yet to have a NICE hair dream... maybe tonight I'll dream of gorgeous, flowing WL locks. :D

battles
June 4th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I usually don't. I think I've had two hair related dreams so far.

My mom told me that she had one dream where I cut my hair short again and was very angry about needing to start over with growing. :p My hair growth is influencing my mother's dreams!

jacqueline101
June 4th, 2012, 09:48 PM
I had a dream my hair was tail bone length. It was v hem line and wonderfully healthy.

Ticky
June 5th, 2012, 02:47 AM
I had maybe two or three hair dreams in my life. I remember one of them, in it I got a bob and liked it.

Mesmerise
June 5th, 2012, 06:38 AM
I've had good and bad hair dreams! Sometimes the good ones are ones that would be bad in real life though :p. I've had a couple where I had really long hair (or at least... really long for ME hair). One where I was sitting in a bus or train or something, and my hair was touching the seat. And another where I had this really long braid over my shoulder and I was looking at it in the mirror.

I've had dreams where I've had weird and whacky hair... and I've had dreams where I was going to get it all chopped off (and I WANTED it cut off), and others where it was cut and I was really depressed because I was growing it.

I think about hair too much :D.

shazzshazshz
June 5th, 2012, 07:09 AM
haha, what a funny thread! When I first read the title a while ago, I thought the concept was weird.... until I had my first hair dream! And then my second! :p

I dream about other people's hair... because after joining LHC, now in real life I always notice other long-hairs and always stop to look and admire when I'm out and about... there are surprisingly quite a few around in my area! So in my dreams I have seen some of my friends (who don't normally have long hair) with healthy, long tailbone length hair. And in my dream I stop and admire it (just like in real life).

Soo I guess I'm weird too :p

shazzshazshz
June 5th, 2012, 07:10 AM
I had a dream my hair was tail bone length. It was v hem line and wonderfully healthy.

That's sweet :) Hopefully your dream can become reality!

Slug Yoga
June 5th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Yeah, I have hair dreams occasionally. I just had one last night! Like other posters were saying, it's often negative--like I get a drastic cut or bleach a big stripe or something, and almost immediately regret it and am upset about how long it will take to grow out. Last night was the same thing--I had very short hair, like a pixie cut, and was quite upset. I seemed to be partially aware it was a dream, though, and had remembered hearing advice (maybe on dream-LHC? :P) about how sometimes, in those bad haircut situations, you can concentrate really hard and "come out of the dream" and your hair will be fine.

Sure enough, I woke up, and my hair was perfectly fine. I think I even touched it for reassurance (or dreamed I did, at least).

Interestingly, when I had short hair, I would have the opposite nightmare--that all of a sudden, my hair had grown like a foot. I'd be dismayed at how fast it had grown and want to get it cut again. (Of course this scenario would be easier to deal with than having to re-grow your hair for several years.)

So I think, for me at least, the dreams have to do with body/self identity anxieties. Being afraid of "losing" an aspect of my (physical) self that I am attached to and have internalized as what I want for myself, or how I am, or want to be.

Ligeia_13
June 5th, 2012, 08:10 AM
I had the most wonderful hair dream years and years ago. It must have been down to tailbone at least and it was so silky straight and shiny :D

Asma
June 5th, 2012, 11:24 AM
A few weeks ago, I've dreamt that I had huge sewing scissors and was like "hey why don't I cut my hair?" So I cut half of it till my ear and then kept crying the whole day because I chopped half of my hair off. :D

Arrow
June 5th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I dreamt last night that my mum was telling me I should cut my hair short. She was furious when I told her I was aiming for hip length and part of the Long Hair Community. :eyeroll:
While it is true that my family might truly feel that I might look better with shorter hair, none of them would try to get me to cut it all off.

Last month I dreamed I cut my hair to bob length and then started panicking because I didn't know how I would be able to continue my YouTube hair tutorials.

Loreley
June 5th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I've had 2 hair dreams recently. In one of them I had very healthy knee length hair. It felt great! :D The other one was a nightmare. I was forced into a makeover and they cut my hair back to TBL but what is worse, I had tons of layers in it and red highlights. It didn't look bad but I hated it and wanted my hair back.

leslissocool
June 5th, 2012, 11:56 AM
A few weeks ago, I've dreamt that I had huge sewing scissors and was like "hey why don't I cut my hair?" So I cut half of it till my ear and then kept crying the whole day because I chopped half of my hair off. :D

My dream was I was tied up, and someone shaved my neck and gave me a pixie cut. I woke up when I was let go, right when I ran my fingers through my hair. I felt it too, it was all prickly. I woke up screaming, and immediately touched my hair to make sure it was there! DH held me the rest of the night, telling me there were no scissors around...

dollyfish
June 5th, 2012, 05:23 PM
For the majority of my recent memory I've had super short hair--ear length and less. In most of my dreams I still have short hair, and it used to be no big thang; I didn't even notice, or thought of it as normal. Now that my hair is (apparently) such a big part of my psyche, I panic when I notice my 'short hair' because I'm supposed to be growing it out! :laugh:

Strelitzia
June 5th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I actually had my first ever hair dream last night!! Must be from reading LHC for a few months :D

The entire dream was totally crazy but old school friends kept popping up in it - something to do with a concert I think - and they all had hip-length hair! All totally gorgeous, thick, good condition locks, and they all let me play with their hair.:crazyq:
But my own hair was still the same length :justy: Very strange, seeing as I always had the longest hair (even though it was around BSL) among my friends at school and actually think I still do now. Oh brain, you are strange sometimes! :rolleyes:

spookyghost
June 5th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I usually will have bad hair dreams. Like Im bald. That my head was shaved and all I can think about is showing my dh! He loves long hair and would die if I cut it so in my dream I was a mess!

caadam
June 5th, 2012, 06:11 PM
I've never had hair dreams except for once some weeks ago. I was back in my high school's gym, and I went to the bathroom. I looked in one of the mirrors and noticed that I was balding. It was pretty frightening in my dream. :(

JuniperBerry
June 5th, 2012, 07:35 PM

SnowWhite
June 6th, 2012, 02:49 AM
I did for the first time last night! I dreamed I had a bowl haircut. I was like.. "Where is my hair??? I was growing it!" I was so upset!

How great it was when I found out it was a dream! :D

sparrowswing
June 9th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Last night I dreamed that suddenly about 25% of my hair was grey. Only it was this gorgeous silvery gray that glinted and sparkled in the sunlight. Also, my hair was about the length it is now, but with a blunt trim rather than my current fairytale ends. It was gorgeous.

Changling
June 9th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I OFTEN dream about hair. I used to have long hair and I got a pixie when I was 15 and never quite managed to grow it out until a year and a half ago (it's hard). Back when I was just getting out of Pixieville and into Awkwardland, I had frequent dreams of just reaching back and pulling waist-length, voluminous hair up into a high ponytail. Or of trying to sit up in bed and being stopped by my hair being trapped under my arm. I'd always wake up and be sad, then feel stupid for thinking, even in a dream, that my hair could be that long by now. I don't get those dreams so much anymore, maybe because it's getting a bit longer. Finally.

Littlewing13
June 9th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I still dream of hairdressing. as for my own hair, not so much but before I go to bed sometimes I imagine my hair has grown heaps & it makes me happy & I sleep better :)

gracenotes
June 9th, 2012, 07:04 PM
I had a dream that I accidentally chopped all my hair off. :bigeyes:

I also had a dream recently that I introduced someone to LHC:p

catamonica
June 10th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I dreamed I had middle thigh length hair. I sure hope it comes true.

Littlewing13
June 11th, 2012, 06:11 PM
I had a dream last night that all the Sydney LHCers met up & swapped all our old stuff. It was fun :) One day I'll organise a meet.

SerinaDaith
June 11th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I have always had dreams of hair down to my knees, long, strong and beautiful raven black hair with streaks of silver just thick enough that they show in braids and updoos. Then I wonder why my at it's longest BSL never seemed long enough...

amanda_the_tall
June 11th, 2012, 07:14 PM
the other night i dreamed that ALL of my hair grew in silver gray because of the semi permanent dye i used a month ago. but, it did grow super fast, i had like two inches of growth, so i was freaked out but happy.

Wildcat Diva
June 11th, 2012, 07:19 PM
I had a horrible lice nightmare last night! I never want to dream that again.

evieisocoolike
June 11th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I had never had (or at least remembered) a dream about hair... Until last night, when my neighbor cut my hair into a short bob and donated it to LoL! I was flipping out at them, telling them how long it would take to grow it out ( I calculated correcctly it in my dream :rolleyes: ), and how Locks of Love wasn't credible. Funny how the first time I read this, I have my first hair nightmare! :justy:

battles
June 11th, 2012, 09:34 PM
I had a dream that a drunk British man complimented me on my natural hair color and told me not to dye it. I did wake up very confused, but I was convinced that I would not dye again. :D