PDA

View Full Version : Pantene bringing back Daily Moisture Renewal?

GabrielleRose
June 4th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Pantene may be bringing back the daily moisture renewal? Just saw a new commercial on their facebook page starring Natalie Coughlin (her hair looks awesome) and it advertised a shampoo, conditioner, and moisture whip. I have yet to see these in stores nor do I see it on their website. Wish I could post a link directly to the commercial, but I guess it was a facebook exclusive for them so here is the link to their facebook http://www.facebook.com/PanteneNA

I am such a sucker for their hair commercials! ;p

RitaCeleste
June 4th, 2012, 05:33 PM
So far I've liked their conditioners. I've been pre-oiling and using their conditioners and I've got some soft happy hair. I don't know if its the oiling or the conditioner is really that good. For the price, I'm just gonna go with it.

akilina
June 4th, 2012, 05:43 PM
I wonder whats in it to make them claim healthier hair in 7 days. Do you know the ingredients?
Is it because its all cones and just makes it look good? Or is there something extra special in it.
Im not trying to be rude I just don't usually see panteen as very nutritious or great for your hair its usually very coney and waxy.
I do love cones though, Panteen and I have a strange relationship though. :]

lmfbs
June 4th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I wonder whats in it to make them claim healthier hair in 7 days. Do you know the ingredients?
Is it because its all cones and just makes it look good? Or is there something extra special in it.
Im not trying to be rude I just don't usually see panteen as very nutritious or great for your hair its usually very coney and waxy.

I'm actually seriously considering pantene again. I used to use it, and I figure if I clarify every so often it won't be so bad, right? How often should I clarify or stop moisture-wicking-cone-buildup?

akilina
June 4th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I'm actually seriously considering pantene again. I used to use it, and I figure if I clarify every so often it won't be so bad, right? How often should I clarify or stop moisture-wicking-cone-buildup?
Not gunna lie...I like how it smells for sure. I like how the scent sticks too and you catch a whiff of it thru the day.
I just clarify with baking soda once a month. My advice would be to clarify when it feels like you need it

pepperminttea
June 4th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I wonder whats in it to make them claim healthier hair in 7 days.

Unless they've changed their wording recently, the claim is normally "healthier looking hair" which is easier to achieve. :) My bet would be on the 'cones too.

lmfbs
June 4th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Not gunna lie...I like how it smells for sure. I like how the scent sticks too and you catch a whiff of it thru the day.
I just clarify with baking soda once a month. My advice would be to clarify when it feels like you need it

Do you use the shampoo? SLS doesn't work great in my hair, so I was thinking of co-washing and clarifying as needed. What do you think?

luxepiggy
June 4th, 2012, 06:51 PM
LOL! Sounds like they're bringing back all the old reliables (^(oo)^)v

GabrielleRose
June 4th, 2012, 10:56 PM
So far I've liked their conditioners. I've been pre-oiling and using their conditioners and I've got some soft happy hair. I don't know if its the oiling or the conditioner is really that good. For the price, I'm just gonna go with it.

I'm glad you've had luck with their newer conditioners, they just don't do it for me nor does the new smell. Congrats on your soft, happy hair! I think the combo of what works for you is whats giving you your happy hair. :)

I don't know they ingredients, but I'm sure its cones as is the rest of their lines.

Unless they've changed their wording recently, the claim is normally "healthier looking hair" which is easier to achieve. :) My bet would be on the 'cones too.

I thought it was "healthier looking hair" as well?

Do you use the shampoo? SLS doesn't work great in my hair, so I was thinking of co-washing and clarifying as needed. What do you think?

I don't use Pantene as of now, but I know some have been having great success with using the Ice Shine for CO. I believe this is the threadhttp://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=94397

LOL! Sounds like they're bringing back all the old reliables (^(oo)^)v

Sure sounds like it, now if they would only bring back the old scent!

GabrielleRose
June 5th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I got a confirmation that these products should already be on shelves, I have yet to see them. Has anyone seen them yet?

Also, on the Pantene Facebook they said they have an exciting addition to the line coming out in July. I'm thinking it's the styling whip.

GabrielleRose
June 5th, 2012, 10:18 AM
The commercial did say "Healthier hair in 7 days", but then theres this *vs. non-conditioning shampoo

GabrielleRose
June 5th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Another update- The Daily Moisture Renewal is indeed a new line and is appearing in stores.

akilina
June 5th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Sweet! Hmm I would probably try it. Atleast the conditioner. I love coney conditioner :] Have you seen any in stores? I haven't looked yet.

I knew it said "healthier hair in 7 days" I feel like this site is famous for how people get sort of uptight when you say one word wrong and like to try to 1 up ya.

GabrielleRose
June 5th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Sweet! Hmm I would probably try it. Atleast the conditioner. I love coney conditioner :] Have you seen any in stores? I haven't looked yet.

I knew it said "healthier hair in 7 days" I feel like this site is famous for how people get sort of uptight when you say one word wrong and like to try to 1 up ya.

I'm thinking of trying it, just because the commercial is so damn convincing. It probably won't work, but I love trying new products, darn product junkie me! I haven't seen it in stores yet, and I haven't looked yet either.

To be honest, I didn't know it said "healthier hair in 7 days", because I was too busy looking at Natalie's hair. :P I hope you didn't think I was trying to one up you, because their previous commercials say "healthier looking hair in 7 days", guess I'm just used to that.

akilina
June 5th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I'm thinking of trying it, just because the commercial is so damn convincing. It probably won't work, but I love trying new products, darn product junkie me! I haven't seen it in stores yet, and I haven't looked yet either.

To be honest, I didn't know it said "healthier hair in 7 days", because I was too busy looking at Natalie's hair. :P I hope you didn't think I was trying to one up you, because their previous commercials say "healthier looking hair in 7 days", guess I'm just used to that.
No I'm sorry I wasn't even talking about you :P

I am a super product junkie too. It is my down fall. Do you have a grocery outlet around where you live? That place seriously has some crazy awesome hair products I have never even heard of with super great ingredients. I am so sad that I am broke...I could have spent 40 dollars lastnight on products. And not to mention they are super super discounted. I settled on a little conditioning packet that smells like toilet.
I found this oil that sounded AMAZING it didnt have any cones or anything "bad" in it. It was just all solid really nice oils but it was 6 dollars. I couldn't do it.

GabrielleRose
June 5th, 2012, 04:03 PM
No I'm sorry I wasn't even talking about you :P

I am a super product junkie too. It is my down fall. Do you have a grocery outlet around where you live? That place seriously has some crazy awesome hair products I have never even heard of with super great ingredients. I am so sad that I am broke...I could have spent 40 dollars lastnight on products. And not to mention they are super super discounted. I settled on a little conditioning packet that smells like toilet.
I found this oil that sounded AMAZING it didnt have any cones or anything "bad" in it. It was just all solid really nice oils but it was 6 dollars. I couldn't do it.

No need to be sorry, just wanted to say I wasn't after you. ;)

It is my down fall as well. :( So much money gone on products that just don't work for me. I have HEB, Target and Wal-Mart where I'm at so one of those has got to have it! I love scents, so it must smell good. Horrible, I know... So scent wise, if the new Pantene has the same scent as of now I probably won't get it because the scent drives me nuts! Whats the name of the oil that you found?

akilina
June 5th, 2012, 06:07 PM
No need to be sorry, just wanted to say I wasn't after you. ;)

It is my down fall as well. :( So much money gone on products that just don't work for me. I have HEB, Target and Wal-Mart where I'm at so one of those has got to have it! I love scents, so it must smell good. Horrible, I know... So scent wise, if the new Pantene has the same scent as of now I probably won't get it because the scent drives me nuts! Whats the name of the oil that you found?

I like the scent of Panteen a lil bit :] I get headaches so easily though so some days it gets me. I haven't used it since I was 17, really. Since then I used it once in my moms bathroom a few months ago. It was the Ice Shine one.
I wish I could remember the name of the oil!! It was in a glass bottle and the oil looked orange and the bottle actually had a dropper in it. I really might just suck it up and go buy it for myself, even though I shouldn't.

GabrielleRose
June 6th, 2012, 11:37 AM
I like the scent of Panteen a lil bit :] I get headaches so easily though so some days it gets me. I haven't used it since I was 17, really. Since then I used it once in my moms bathroom a few months ago. It was the Ice Shine one.
I wish I could remember the name of the oil!! It was in a glass bottle and the oil looked orange and the bottle actually had a dropper in it. I really might just suck it up and go buy it for myself, even though I shouldn't.

I don't care for the new scent at all! Its too strong, it literally burns my nostrils and my throat and talk about a strong headache afterwards... Yuck!

Research the oil first if you remember the name, so that way if its no good you get to save your money. :)

GabrielleRose
June 6th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Yet another alert, lol! ;p

They will be coming out with something in August, seems to me it may be a revamp of beautiful lengths. :hmm: