PDA

View Full Version : So, I have been hanging around for 5 years.

Hypnotica
June 4th, 2012, 02:36 PM
And my hair has been growing nicely. I was about APL when I started to post around this boards. Many things have been tried but I could never stop using my beloved poo, although it turned out to be a great idea for me to go easy on the cones.

Another thing that was a big hit with me is henna. I still henna my roots once a month and I still love it. Redhead for life!

I hope I have contributed to this community my fair share of things.

Happy growing.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2229/2337686382_837782e1fc.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7220/7338311490_b39ac6192b_z.jpg

SnowWhite
June 4th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Woaaaah! I just fell in love with your hair!

Congratulations!

joflakes
June 4th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Wow, your hair is a gorgeous colour! Congratulations on your growth, too.

Ticky
June 4th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Oh wow, beautiful :) Congratulations!

miss_asimov
June 4th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Wow. Gorgeous hair! and that is quite some growth for 5 years...

jel
June 4th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Happy LHC-versary! :flowers:

Your hair is gorgeous, and grows so fast - all that in 5 years only?

partlycloudy
June 4th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is gorgeous! Would you mind me asking what henna you use and how many applications it took to get that colour? I'm planning on taking the henna plunge this summer - I would love to achieve a deep red like yours :flowers:

afu
June 4th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Your hair is really stunning :D

Tisiloves
June 4th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Wow, amazing! Also, thank you for your YouTube tutorials, one day I will have enough hair for them. :flowers:

Alva
June 4th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Amazing! Really great hair and it has grown like mad it seems :D

Alvrodul
June 4th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Congratulations! :cheer::bottomsup::flowers:
Your hair certainly has achieved an impressive length in these five years!

Amber_Maiden
June 4th, 2012, 03:04 PM
wow! Love the length!!

Hypnotica
June 4th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is gorgeous! Would you mind me asking what henna you use and how many applications it took to get that colour? I'm planning on taking the henna plunge this summer - I would love to achieve a deep red like yours :flowers:

To be honest, I have not seen anyone with the same henna shade in their hair as me. Some rather close, of course.

I have very see through natural hair colour that is quite fair. I use Jamila and I think I did 3 whole head applications before going roots only. In the beginning, I added some red vegetable dye to the henna mix (henna + warm water only). I don't do that any more.

Wow, amazing! Also, thank you for your YouTube tutorials, one day I will have enough hair for them. :flowers:

Thank you! Doing hair tutorials is fun, but it take a lot of time.

jeanniet
June 4th, 2012, 03:09 PM
I've always loved your hair and that fabulous color! I just wanted to say thank you for the videos you've done, too. I've always found them very helpful. :)

gonzobird
June 4th, 2012, 03:15 PM
That's some pretty gorgeous hair!

lapushka
June 4th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Amazing, look at the difference to when you first got here! Wow! :D :thumbsup:

Dreamers91
June 4th, 2012, 03:23 PM
WOW, your hair is amazing!! How long have you been henna-ing your hair? I have medium brown hair, and have always wanted some red to show in the sunlight, but im very afraid of over-doing it. I have red-toned skin and im afraid the red will make it more noticeable. What do you think?

Neecola
June 4th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Beautiful color and length!

GreyFae
June 4th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Gods! That is amazing!

Kamir0
June 4th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Your hair is stunning! I never realized how long it was until now!
Great youtube videos too; I'm a big fan! :D

Xi
June 4th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Congratulations, Hypnotica! Your hair is looking so long and beautiful. So many of us have benefited from your videos -- the boards are lucky to have you. :blossom:

BrightEyes
June 4th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is beautiful! I love seeing long fine hair, and yours is so inspiring:)

honeybunnie8
June 4th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Wow thats a lot of growth in 5 years!:D It looks great

spidermom
June 4th, 2012, 05:52 PM
You are a huge asset to the community, Hypnotica.

pepperminttea
June 4th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Congratulations on your LHCiversary Hypnotica - your hair is looking amazing! :thud:

Just wanted to add another thank you for your tutorials; you've taught me some of my favourite buns. :)

embee
June 4th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary. We're very glad you are here! :)

Sisgoldenhair65
June 4th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Your hair is fantastic!! Congrats and Happy Anniversary! I can't wait till my 5 yr LHC anniversary (I just joined this March lol). Thanks for the inpiration! :)

skyblue
June 4th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Beautiful growth and hair!! Congratulations!! And thank you for your videos they really helped me a lot, before coming here I just rolled my hair up and held it with claw clips lol!!! Yours were one of the first videos I watched and learned from!

Yozhik
June 4th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Hypnotica, happy 5 year's mark!

That's a long and dedicated relationship with one's hair. :flower: :)

I really admire your hair -- length, color, everything.

beachgirlla
June 4th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Gorgeous hair, texture and color, length and all. Thanks for sharing. I was feeling down about my hair but your post gave me a little hope, I know I will never have like your hair but at least mine may someday will look OK :)

einna
June 4th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Wow, that is some hair! Lovely! Congrats on your anniversary.

ladylowtide
June 4th, 2012, 08:14 PM
That is sooo impressive. Gives me hope that I will reach my own goal TB in a couple years. What a gorgeous mane you have!

Jesabel
June 4th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Oh wow! Scrolling down I was not expecting hair that long after only 5 years. It is beautiful! :)

MsBubbles
June 4th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks for posting an update thread. I had no idea your hair was so long! My jaw really did drop.

Another thank you also for your videos, specifically the French twist for long hair one. It gave me a second updo :).

Teazel
June 4th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Happy anniversary, Hypnotica! Wow, your beautiful hair has grown loooong.

Another "Thank you!" for your tutorials from me, too. :flowers:

Micayla47
June 4th, 2012, 08:38 PM
oooohhh you're my hair hero for sure! i joined lhc two months ago with apl bleached hair. i've switched to henna and i hope my hair looks like your in five years :):bowtome:

Falcore
June 4th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Stunning! That is awesome growth for 5 years.. wow.

EdG
June 4th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Congratulations on five years!

I will join the thudpile. :thudpile:
Ed

jojo
June 4th, 2012, 08:55 PM
You have beautiful hair and have become one of the main icons on here, thank you for sharing your advice over the years and i look forward to seeing you grow even more.

Mesmerise
June 4th, 2012, 09:05 PM
To be honest, I have not seen anyone with the same henna shade in their hair as me. Some rather close, of course.

I have very see through natural hair colour that is quite fair. I use Jamila and I think I did 3 whole head applications before going roots only. In the beginning, I added some red vegetable dye to the henna mix (henna + warm water only). I don't do that any more.

I would say your colour is close to mine (ignore the Avatar pic... that was early last year and the colour is now more saturated), although I think mine is probably darker (I assume my natural colour is therefore a bit darker). I also use Jamila henna. However, I'm too lazy to do roots only, so the length has had... well umm probably 15 applications now!

You have gorgeous hair and have achieved a lot in 5 years!!

Hylia
June 4th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Wow, great, maybe this will be me in 5 years.

jacqueline101
June 4th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Your hair is lovely.

Dars
June 4th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Congratulations! I love your colour :)

aspartame gram
June 5th, 2012, 12:16 AM
WOW, your hair is amazing!! How long have you been henna-ing your hair? I have medium brown hair, and have always wanted some red to show in the sunlight, but im very afraid of over-doing it. I have red-toned skin and im afraid the red will make it more noticeable. What do you think?

I have dark blonde/light brown hair and very pink undertones (or overtones, really). I wouldn't recommend dying your hair red. Although I've done it several times, I always come to regret it. I end up looking orange. :(

Hypnotica
June 5th, 2012, 05:32 AM

Hm. Not sure, actually. I *think* copper goes better with red toned skin?

Your hair is stunning! I never realized how long it was until now!
Great youtube videos too; I'm a big fan! :D

I seldom post pics, maybe I should start flaunt my hair around this boards again? :) Thanks, my goal for the YT channel was to educate. I love that.

You are a huge asset to the community, Hypnotica.

Coming from you, spider - that is a huge compliment. Thank you!

Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary. We're very glad you are here! :)

Thanks!

Thanks for posting an update thread. I had no idea your hair was so long! My jaw really did drop.

Another thank you also for your videos, specifically the French twist for long hair one. It gave me a second updo :).

And as usual - one day I saw myself in a full length mirror and went "oh!" You really do not think about the length otherwise.

Happy anniversary, Hypnotica! Wow, your beautiful hair has grown loooong.

Another "Thank you!" for your tutorials from me, too. :flowers:

I feel like I am finally in the "long hair"-club now. And still, my hair feels short?

You have beautiful hair and have become one of the main icons on here, thank you for sharing your advice over the years and i look forward to seeing you grow even more.

An icon? Wow, never would have thought of that.

I would say your colour is close to mine (ignore the Avatar pic... that was early last year and the colour is now more saturated), although I think mine is probably darker (I assume my natural colour is therefore a bit darker). I also use Jamila henna. However, I'm too lazy to do roots only, so the length has had... well umm probably 15 applications now!

You have gorgeous hair and have achieved a lot in 5 years!!

Henna is so fun - so different on different people. I just now I love henna to pieces and want to marry it.

tori93
June 5th, 2012, 05:35 AM
wow, your hair is amazing :D
this is my plan to come back in a few years with some good before and after picture :o

CurlyMopTop
June 5th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Absolutely stunning! May I ask, are you a trimmer or a non-trimmer?

Hypnotica
June 5th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Absolutely stunning! May I ask, are you a trimmer or a non-trimmer?

I guess I fall somewhere in between as I trim 1-2 times/year. Last trim was after a year since the last one. I do some S&D thought.

freckles
June 5th, 2012, 06:14 AM
you have stunning hair, congratulations on 5 years!

MasCat
June 5th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Stunning hair Hypnotica!

And hae a happy hair-iversary :)

Nightshade
June 5th, 2012, 07:14 AM
To be honest, I have not seen anyone with the same henna shade in their hair as me.

I have to agree, it's simply molten and amazingly beautiful :)

Hypnotica
June 5th, 2012, 07:38 AM
I have to agree, it's simply molten and amazingly beautiful :)

The only beef I have with it is that henna is so hard to get correct on pictures. With flash, my hair usually end up a dull purple. Best light is direct sunlight.

PixxieStix
June 5th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Wow, that before and after shot had me going :agape: Your hair is beautiful, and I've loved watching your youtube videos, in the next few years I'll be able to make good use of the information on them, so thank you! Congratulations as well, for the milestone mark for being here and on achieving such gorgeous hair. :)

At this point, allow me join in too. :thudpile:

schweedie
June 5th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Whoa, for some reason I also didn't realise how long your hair had gotten! It really looks gorgeous.

Zesty
June 5th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Wow the difference is shocking and amazing! You have beautiful hair. And I love the color you get from henna. :)

pink.sara
June 5th, 2012, 09:11 AM
:thudpile:

That is all.

Hypnotica
June 5th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Thank you. Thank you all.

nobeltonya
June 5th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I hope my hair makes it to that point! Awesome! :D

Tia2010
June 5th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Gorgeous hair!

partlycloudy
June 5th, 2012, 11:36 AM

Thanks for the info! I know everyone's hair responds differently to henna, and I'm sure I can't predict exactly what it will turn out like. I have light brown (kind of weirdly colourless) hair, but it's fairly light anyway so I'm hoping I can get a nice rich red! Also I'm very pale, had box dye auburn hair before and it looked natural. :cheese: Thanks again!

Loreley
June 5th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Wow, 5 years! Congrats!
And your hair... :thud:

Ryanne
June 5th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Happy Anniversary! :flower: Such a difference. Looks beautiful.

KarpatiiSiv
June 5th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Happy Anniversary. Gorgeous colour and length.:thud: Another thank you for your youtube tutorials. :thumbsup:

moon2dove
June 5th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Wow! Your hair is gorgeous!!

Deserves this >>>:cheer::thud::cheese::thudpile:

partlycloudy
June 5th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Ooh! Pretty please, how may I find these Youtube tutorials?

Tisiloves
June 5th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Ooh! Pretty please, how may I find these Youtube tutorials?

:magic: http://www.youtube.com/user/4ypn0tica

Beatnik Guy
June 5th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Your hair is stunning. :thud:

Congratulations on your 5 years. :D

torrilin
June 5th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Your videos have helped me a lot too. It often feels like 1/f hair is just impossibly slippery... so seeing that you can do a given cool thing with no heat makes me feel like I can too. A lot of the time the answer seems to be that the cool thing takes a bit more length than you'd expect on slippery hair.

(not that heat actually *helps* on mine... just everyone else keeps chanting that heat and hairspray are necessary and it's quite discouraging)

Mesmerise
June 5th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Your videos have helped me a lot too. It often feels like 1/f hair is just impossibly slippery... so seeing that you can do a given cool thing with no heat makes me feel like I can too. A lot of the time the answer seems to be that the cool thing takes a bit more length than you'd expect on slippery hair.

(not that heat actually *helps* on mine... just everyone else keeps chanting that heat and hairspray are necessary and it's quite discouraging)

I don't have super straight hair, but it is ridiculously slippery. Someone posted a youtube tutorial the other day on LHC that involved knotting the hair... well I tried it LOL... it just... doesn't work in my slippery hair! I wondered whether I'd need to "stickify" it with product to actually make it stay!

However, maybe it really just needs more length so I've got more hair to play with?!

blondie9912
June 5th, 2012, 06:47 PM
That is INSANE growth! Wow!

Indigo Girl
June 5th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Congratulations on such amazing growth. Your hair is stunning and the color is just magnificent. :flower:

Stagecoach
June 5th, 2012, 08:28 PM
:thud pile: Wow, your hair is beautiful! And the color is facinating.

wavykisses
June 5th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Your hair is amazing truly an inspiration

Maelyssa
June 5th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Simply breathtaking hair! From the color to the length it's awe worthy.

Neorah
June 5th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Your hair is beautiful! And I absolutely love the color that you get from the henna. It is definitely thud-worthy. :D

Littlewing13
June 5th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Beautiful hair, lovely colour. Congrats :)

catamonica
June 5th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I love your hair! The length is wonderful.

Hypnotica
June 6th, 2012, 07:48 AM

Yeah, you need length for sure! And mutipronged forks. And hair bands.

But on the flip side - you don't need that much time to detangle it.

Guenever
June 6th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Oh my, I remember you from before I went on my LHC "break" - we were around the same length back then.. I can't believe how far you've come! :D that's awesome!
Great work and beautiful hair! :flower:

braidgirl22
June 9th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Your hair is beautiful I love the length.

Hypnotica
June 9th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Oh my, I remember you from before I went on my LHC "break" - we were around the same length back then.. I can't believe how far you've come! :D that's awesome!
Great work and beautiful hair! :flower:

Were are you now length-wise?

Rini
June 9th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Well done on such great growth and gorgeous hair. Seeing your hair makes me want to rush off and do a full head henna application right NOW! I won't though....but your hair is tempting me :D Keep up the great vids too :flowers:

Teufelchen
June 9th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Congratulations. :flower:
Your hair is absolutely amazing.

Hypnotica
June 9th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Well done on such great growth and gorgeous hair. Seeing your hair makes me want to rush off and do a full head henna application right NOW! I won't though....but your hair is tempting me :D Keep up the great vids too :flowers:

Henna is pretty addicting :)

vintage88
June 9th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Gorgeous! Congratulations on your 5 year anniversary:)

Laur
June 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Wow! Your hair is gorgeous :bigeyes:, and it's inspirational to think I can be back to "long" in a few years. My hair is (was cut back to) about the length that you started with last fall, and I'm growing out again.

Loviatar
June 9th, 2012, 12:52 PM
HOLY... when did you get all that hair, woman!? :D

I thought you were still around waist/TB! It looks fabulous. I am so tempted to henna again whenever I see your hair. You are and will always be one of my hair idols :)

Calaelen
June 9th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Woah! big change!! Of course you've contributed! some of your hair tutorials are like gospel around here :)

prettyhairisred
June 9th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Wow, your hair looks memorizing!! I LOVE the unnatural color, it's so bright. (: and so long. Kind of reminds me of an elf ^.^. Keep on growing!

Hypnotica
June 9th, 2012, 02:55 PM
HOLY... when did you get all that hair, woman!? :D

I thought you were still around waist/TB! It looks fabulous. I am so tempted to henna again whenever I see your hair. You are and will always be one of my hair idols :)

Hey, I have been growing for five years (and not posting that many pictures, I have secret ninja hair!). You know, when I first joined, you had black hair. *remembers*

Woah! big change!! Of course you've contributed! some of your hair tutorials are like gospel around here :)

Haha, gospel? :D I guess the one thing I will always be remembered by is the Hypno-bun. I make my own small mark on history.

Rini
June 9th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Henna is pretty addicting :)

I'm a recovering addict. Almost 5 years "clean" :D I still dream about doing it though....just can't take the maintenance on hair that's almost 100% white :o

fairystar32
June 9th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Your hair is AMAZING and LOVE the colour xx

Kosmos
June 9th, 2012, 09:01 PM
That is so gorgeous! Oof! What an inspiration!

Phalaenopsis
June 10th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Haha, gospel? :D I guess the one thing I will always be remembered by is the Hypno-bun. I make my own small mark on history.
You betcha! It has been my favourite bun for quite a while now :)

brownpaperbag
June 10th, 2012, 03:46 AM
That colour is the best! Truly awesome!

Hypnotica
June 10th, 2012, 11:01 AM
You betcha! It has been my favourite bun for quite a while now :)

I can not do it anymore. Too much hair and I have yet to figure out a way to accommodate that fact :(

Colourful
June 10th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Oh, wow, looks very nice! Beautiful progress! :)