PDA

View Full Version : Heat protectant spray leaves my hair sticky!

MissHair
June 4th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Yes, it leaves a coating on my hair and leaves it sticky when I flatiron my hair. Not only that but it also leaves a coating on my flatiron, burnt spray that makes it harder to run through the flatiron through my hair.

Anyone else have this problem and a solution? Im not forced to flatiron my hair without heat

AmbeBaby
June 4th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Which heat protectant spray are you using?

akilina
June 4th, 2012, 04:14 PM
As above...what are you using exactly?
And do you let the stuff dry or do you straighten while it is still wet in your hair?
I have used some that do the same to me and I found that spraying it all over and brushing it around and letting it dry for a few helped me alot with that problem.

barely.there
June 4th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I have Bio Silk (silk therapy) ..its a gel type. even though I use VERY little, I don't enjoy using it because it makes my hair so lifeless. I understand the sticky thing. My hair is very fine, so its like the protectant gel clumps everything together. My straightening habits have decreased dramatically (once or twice a month) and I don't use the Bio Silk.... My hair has already improved tremendously by changing other habits.

AmbeBaby
June 4th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I have Bio Silk (silk therapy) ..its a gel type. even though I use VERY little, I don't enjoy using it because it makes my hair so lifeless. I understand the sticky thing. My hair is very fine, so its like the protectant gel clumps everything together. My straightening habits have decreased dramatically (once or twice a month) and I don't use the Bio Silk.... My hair has already improved tremendously by changing other habits.

Maybe you should use a heat protecting spray or serum instead of a gel to avoid the sticky feeling. :)

luxepiggy
June 4th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I recommend switching to Aquage Beyond Shine (^(oo)^)v

barely.there
June 4th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Maybe you should use a heat protecting spray or serum instead of a gel to avoid the sticky feeling. :)

i think it is a serum... :p i just forgot my terminology!

ChelleyCredible
June 4th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I never had that issue. I use sprays. Brush it thru. Let it soak in then straighten in 15-20 mins.

Falcore
June 4th, 2012, 09:24 PM
This happened to me when I used to flat iron - I was VERY naughty and just ditched the heat protectant eeeek!

constructamane
June 5th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I use sprays as well....no problem..comb thru