PDA

View Full Version : Men's Graying

Siava
July 30th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Is it commonplace for a man's facial hair to turn quicker than head hair? I ask because my BF's chin hair has light chunks, but the hair on his head is less grey and evenly distributed. There's also a fellow I work with that has an almost white beard, but his head hair is still light, yellow blonde (and he swears he doesn't dye it ;)). Just something I noticed and am curious about.

Ohio Sky
July 30th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I've seen guys with salt in their facial hair that have none in their hair, but my bf has a sprinkling in his hair and none in his goatee. I imagine it goes both ways sometimes. :shrug:

FrannyG
July 30th, 2008, 04:17 PM
It's really common for men's facial hair to be different from the hair on their head. I've know a lot of men with medium brown hair who have many colours in their beards--patches of blonde, brown and red.

And yes, I've seen many a man with a grey beard who has hardly any grey hair on their head.

EdG
July 30th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Yes, my beard first started turning gray, and now my hair is catching up! :D
Ed

biggeorge
July 30th, 2008, 09:28 PM
It's actually pretty funny; my mustache is still mostly dark but my beard is mostly gray. My hair is pretty dark with "racing stripes" on each side.

Siava
July 31st, 2008, 04:37 AM
That's so weird! But fascinating. I :heart: hair and its wacky ways.

rockkcor
July 31st, 2008, 05:17 AM
Yes - my sideburns are gray... I noticed that my beard first turned red - then gray... Same is with my hair that is turning red from black trough the years... Grey first apeared on the sides...

bex487
July 31st, 2008, 06:20 AM
I've noticed that when my boyfriend occassionally grows a goatee, it's much lighter than the hair on his head-he has a couple almost-blonde patches in his black facial hair!

sipnsun
July 31st, 2008, 07:27 AM
I've never thougt about it before but you are right. And not just gray, lots of colors. My brother is a natural blonde, but his goatee is as orangy red as can be. Now I'm going to be studying men's beards!:)

bte
July 31st, 2008, 10:01 AM
I think facial hair generally goes grey before head hair. It may be that the life cycle of facial hair is different. So far, I have found one grey hair in my sideburns, and none in my head hair.

Sidani
July 31st, 2008, 11:20 AM
DH has hair the same color as mine but his beard has always had every shade from dark brown, auburn, red to blonde in it. More and more lately, though, white hairs and patches are showing up in his beard but not in his hair.