PDA

View Full Version : The **BEST** deep conditioner you've ever used

AmbeBaby
June 4th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Hey =]. I'm currently using Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Mask as my deep conditioner once a week. I shampoo my hair first, apply the deep conditioner on wet hair and leave it on for about an hour before rinsing out. Somedays, it leaves my hair so soft with super defined curls!! Other times, my hair will feel like I used my regular rinse out conditioner.

I want to try some other deep conditioners to hopefully find *the one* for me. Does anyone want to help me find that one? ;) What is your favorite deep conditioner and what makes it your favorite?? :D

LaFlor
June 4th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Coconut Oil! I put it on for as long as I can stand it... sometimes overnight, sometimes if I am staying home I just leave it on all day, then I shampoo and condition normally. This always leaves me with great hair!

rock007junkie
June 4th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Hey =]. I'm currently using Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Mask as my deep conditioner once a week. I shampoo my hair first, apply the deep conditioner on wet hair and leave it on for about an hour before rinsing out. Somedays, it leaves my hair so soft with super defined curls!! Other times, my hair will feel like I used my regular rinse out conditioner.

I want to try some other deep conditioners to hopefully find *the one* for me. Does anyone want to help me find that one? ;) What is your favorite deep conditioner and what makes it your favorite?? :D

The best one I've used is Curl Junkie's Curl Rehab. You only need a bit of it and it leaves your hair so soft and moisturized. Even when I try others I always come back to this one

SilverDoe
June 4th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Jessicurl Weekly Deep conditioning treatment. :heartbeat It's so amazing with my hair without leaving a residue.

Scarlett brooke
June 4th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Andrew barton moisture miracle! I try others but always go back to this!

Suze2012
June 4th, 2012, 07:46 AM
For an expensive one..Ojon Restructuring.
For a cheap one - coconut oil.

Both left on overnight and as long as possible.

They have the same results for my hair and I've started doing the coconut oil weekly but I haven't yet mastered getting it out with just co washing so use my sls free shampoo.

I got a sample size of Ojon but won't be buying it again as the coconut oil does the same job and is massively cheaper.

amantha
June 4th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Biolage Conditioning Balm. I use it 1-2 times a month for only about 5-10 minutes in the shower. Makes my hair feel very soft without making it greasy or weighed down.

Bianca
June 4th, 2012, 10:21 AM
The best one I've used is Curl Junkie's Curl Rehab. You only need a bit of it and it leaves your hair so soft and moisturized. Even when I try others I always come back to this one

Yes, the "rehab", and "repair me" from curl junkie is both great :D

afu
June 4th, 2012, 10:24 AM
for me nothing can beat an SMT :) I don't need to do a full one very often thought because I CO so i'm not stripping my hair. If i do ever shampoo I will always follow with a coconut oil treatment though washed out with an SMT

gonzobird
June 4th, 2012, 10:28 AM
John masters organics honey and hibiscus reconstructer. I buy it in by the litre off their website. I've tried every high end mask possible, ans only use things with natural real ingredients now. My hair is amazing from this stuff.

Long_hair_bear
June 4th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Coconut oil is my weekly deep condish. :)

dorkfish
June 4th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I love coconut oil. I will leave it in over night and rinse out. I usually leave a little in for the next day for extra conditioning. My hair is so smooth and feels great from the oil!!

BrightEyes
June 4th, 2012, 11:08 AM
I love Biolage Conditioning Balm in an SMT. I also really like Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment. For protein I like Aveda Damage Remedy. I guess I have 3 bests:D

RitaCeleste
June 4th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I loved AOHR but they changed that. I love Pantene Relaxed and Natural, and Ice Shine. Gonna go try their curl formula! I second the whole oil thing. My favorites are Olive oil, Macadamia Nut oil, Meadowfoam seed oil, and Coconut oil. No, I haven't met an oil I didn't like, those are just the ones I've used. Olive oil and honey as a deep conditioning treatment ROCKS!

lapushka
June 4th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I find that a deep conditioner isn't worth it. Simply conditioning twice after washing, with quite a thick (silicone bomb) conditioner is about the same, if not more nourishing to the hair.

RitaCeleste
June 4th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah, I don't buy a separate container for my deep conditioning. I use the regular conditioner and just leave it on damp hair at least 30 mins. I pre-oil my hair a couple of hours before I'm going to deep condition. The olive oil and honey treatment I can leave on for an insane amount of time (4 to 8 hours) but I only do that if my hair feels fried. Most of the time, I just condition my hair and skip the shampoo. And I do condition it twice if it still feels dry or rough.

Anlbe
June 4th, 2012, 12:30 PM
For an overnight treatment, half olive oil half distilled coconut oil. Amazing, so much better for my hair than any other pre wash treatment. For after washing aveda damage remedy treatment. For my hair is is the one.

Diamond.Eyes
June 4th, 2012, 12:36 PM
SMTs are my favorite! Especially when I can find an inexpensive concoction that works for me! For the past few months I have been doing an overnight SMT once a week. My current mix follows the traditional measuring ratios and I use VO5 Shea Cashmere moisturizing conditioner, agave nectar, pure aloe vera gel and a tiny bit of coconut oil. :)

AspenSong
June 4th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Personally I love my coconut oil and grapeseed oil.
But as far as a bottled conditioner, I have just discovered the L'Oreal Ever Sleek conditioner and it's great for a deep treatment for me...it's cone free, which I use on my hair, and it is flipping AWESOME!! If I could buy a gallon of it and slather my hair in it under a warm towel every week, I would! lol.

SurferB
June 4th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Unrefined, organic virgin coconut oil!

AmbeBaby
June 4th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I just finished rinsing out my deep conditioner (Neutrogena) and my hair feels amazingly soft!! Of course, getting this result is really a gamble with my current deep conditioner.

For those that use coconut oil, how much do you use? Do you drench your hair in it so that it looks oily? Or do you put just a bit in without making your hair noticeably oily? Also, to those who haven't already stated, do you shampoo it out or just rinse with water? (Sorry for so many questions, lol... :D)

TheMechaGinger
June 4th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I really like Aussie's 3 minute miracle, that stuff rocks and smells awesome. I leave it in for about half an hour usually. I'll take a bath and shampoo my hair with a clarifying shampoo then put on 3mm under a shower cap and soak in the tub for the next thirty minutes or so

RitaCeleste
June 4th, 2012, 03:15 PM
I make my hair look oily with the coconut oil. I wouldn't call it drenched though, its not too wet with it usually. Today I put lots of coconut oil on it. Then after a few hours I put conditioner on top of it and left for about 30 mins, then I rinsed and conditioned again. I'm waiting on it to dry to find out if I'm still oily or it mostly rinsed out.

long
June 4th, 2012, 03:22 PM
I have been trying Dove's Oil Care shampoo and conditioner and I think the conditioner would make a great deep treatment. It has been working great on my hair. I just shampoo and condition with it and my hair has been smooth and soft.

luxepiggy
June 4th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Shu Uemura Shusu Sleek smoothing treatment (^(oo)^)v

Phalaenopsis
June 4th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta conditioner, freakin love that stuff as a deep treatment, too bad it's so expensive. :(

RitaCeleste
June 4th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Well, the oil rinsed out with just conditioner. The trick is to work the conditioner in 30 mins or so before you rinse. Coconut oil is great, it will strip the red dye I like so much so I've avoided it but it washed out already anyway, so back to the coconut oil! Seriously, conditioning with the oils makes conditioners work that probably shouldn't work.

my2cats1
June 4th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Nightblooming Panacea (sometimes mixed with a little olive oil) left in overnight and washed out the next day.

GrowingGlory
June 4th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Eat an avocado, then give my hair a good conditioning brushing. John Masters Honey and Hibiscus (?) Reconstructing Conitioner or Phillip Kingsley Elasticizer Extreme are great deep conditioning products.

hellucy
June 5th, 2012, 05:06 AM
I love Charles Worthington Moisture Seal Rejuvenating masque it is amazing, I also love his Moisture Seal Hair Healer leave in conditioner which makes makes hair so soft.

Anlbe
June 8th, 2012, 06:42 AM
I just finished rinsing out my deep conditioner (Neutrogena) and my hair feels amazingly soft!! Of course, getting this result is really a gamble with my current deep conditioner.

For those that use coconut oil, how much do you use? Do you drench your hair in it so that it looks oily? Or do you put just a bit in without making your hair noticeably oily? Also, to those who haven't already stated, do you shampoo it out or just rinse with water? (Sorry for so many questions, lol... :D)

I put my oils in the night before I wash from about the ears down. Quite a lot of oil it definitely looks shining. Then I bun it and wrap the bun with a silk scarf or handkerchief, and the oil doesn't come through one rather thin layer of silk so I guess it's not that much oil.

LauraWolfhart
June 8th, 2012, 03:11 PM
The best conditioner I have ever used is Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner, the argan oil hydrates and strengthens my hair making it nice and healthy. Plus the extra shine is appreciated! Frizz is gone and hair is made much smoother.

lechatn0ir
June 8th, 2012, 03:46 PM
For the smt, can we just not use aloe vera? I have conditioner and honey but no aloe vera D: should i try mixing conditioner and honey and warming it?

Tisiloves
June 8th, 2012, 03:50 PM
For the smt, can we just not use aloe vera? I have conditioner and honey but no aloe vera D: should i try mixing conditioner and honey and warming it?

I'd give it a go, plenty of people in arid climates skip the AVG.:)

Othala
June 8th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Philip Kingsley Elasticizer...no contest.

Cheveux en péta
June 8th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Where are you buying this stuff? Online?

HintOfMint
June 9th, 2012, 12:29 AM

I never use aloe vera gel in my SMTs anymore. It feels residue-y if my hair uses any variant of it, so I avoid it. SMTs with just the honey works fantastic with my hair.

Othala
June 9th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Where are you buying this stuff? Online?

Hi, if you are referring to the Elazticizer, yes, it is available online at the Philip Kingsley website and also on QVC.

blondie9912
June 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator, also L'Oreal EverPure Deep Masque was very good!

Vanilla
June 9th, 2012, 10:27 AM
I like the George Michael 12 minute mask. That stuff is heaven :). I normally leave on for about 30 minutes with my hair in a shower cap and then a towel then a heating pad on top of that.

Annibelle
June 9th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I should probably try a deep treatment. Every time I use coconut oil, it takes several washings to get it out, and it doesn't seem to change the condition of my hair at all. :(

prettyhairisred
June 9th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Coconut oil! It's like the nectar of the gods!! Haha :D

prettyhairisred
June 9th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Wen is the onestop shop to end all my hair problems. :P
Works great on me, less so on my best friend so it's not for everyone.
What I have noticed with It is healthy, luscious hair that I can use heat on! (yippee!)

meteor
June 9th, 2012, 04:11 PM
I agree on virgin coconut oil. I'd also add other oils like emu, olive, shea butter...
However, I find that herb-infused Aurvedic oils work even better (i.e. nourish the scalp, not just the hair) than simple oils.

xnibn
June 10th, 2012, 02:09 AM
dabour vatika works great ,overnight is best , and I have tried a lot of high end treatments

caadam
June 10th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Probably the best conditioners I've used are EVOO and Suave Rosemary & Mint. EVOO makes my hair very soft, as does the Suave R&M (but the Suave dries out my scalp. My hair loves it, though).

I'm actually planning on doing an EVOO treatment here soon, and will do a deep condition treatment with Suave R&M. I'm WO, but my hair is needing some serious moisture right now. I shall break my WO routine this once. lol :p

Natalia_A00
March 19th, 2019, 05:58 AM
My favorites so far:
Tresemme moisture rich mask (hydrating mask)
http://www.triodeluxe.ro/en/hair-masks/tresemme-moisture-rich-mask.html

L'Oréal Paris mythic oil hair mask

Cosmia collections hair mask with natural Argan oil

spidergoat
March 19th, 2019, 07:38 AM
I like any of the Garnier Whole Blends masks. 3MM Miracle is good too, but I usually use that during my regular wash routine. Haven't tried the Neutrogena Triple Moisture mask yet, but I may this weekend.

milosmomma
March 19th, 2019, 08:23 AM
Eden bodyworks almond marshmallow mask. It's big and it's moderately cheap. I use it twice a week as my regular conditioner.

lapushka
March 19th, 2019, 09:36 AM
I find that a deep conditioner isn't worth it. Simply conditioning twice after washing, with quite a thick (silicone bomb) conditioner is about the same, if not more nourishing to the hair.

This actually was my stance on masks and deep conditioners.

I kind of like these ones:

- Peach/nutoil mask by Garnier Ultra Doux (long discontinued, and I used the last one I had up), but in general anything by Garnier UD (whole blends, loving blends, ultimate blends etc. LOL) is amazing
- Hair food (treats) banana mask by Garnier Fructis (that one you can still get)
- Henna Cure & Care mask (non colouring) -> long discontinued as well, but still in my stash
- Gliss Kur masks (any kind, they are *awesome*)

JennGalt
March 19th, 2019, 10:21 AM
Shea Moisture JBCO deep treatment masque. It’s become a HG product for me. If I can’t use that, coconut milk works about as well. It’s best with something added to it to make it less drippy though.

Dark40
March 19th, 2019, 11:28 AM
My favorite deep conditioner is, "Queen Helene's Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream," and also the, "Queen Helene Super Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream." They are both my favorite deep conditioners because they both are very thick conditioners in consistancy, and they always leave my hair feeling very nice, soft, and healthy! They both also give my hair lots of shine not only on top of them giving my hair lots of moisturization as well.

Reservechic
March 19th, 2019, 07:53 PM
My favorite deep conditioner is, "Queen Helene's Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream," and also the, "Queen Helene Super Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream." They are both my favorite deep conditioners because they both are very thick conditioners in consistancy, and they always leave my hair feeling very nice, soft, and healthy! They both also give my hair lots of shine not only on top of them giving my hair lots of moisturization as well.

Is there any major difference or differences between the original Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream (which I have bought and tried before) and the Super Cholesterol version, that you've noticed?

MsPharaohMoan
March 20th, 2019, 10:32 AM
Shea Moisture JBCO deep treatment masque. It’s become a HG product for me. If I can’t use that, coconut milk works about as well. It’s best with something added to it to make it less drippy though.

Ayup, me too. Lately I've been trying a protein mask before SM JCBO DT sealed with oil. Much softness!

catoala
March 20th, 2019, 11:08 AM
Uh, castor oil? I put it on my hair the day before washing or a few hours. Scalp, lenght, ends especially...

Dark40
March 20th, 2019, 11:32 AM
Is there any major difference or differences between the original Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream (which I have bought and tried before) and the Super Cholesterol version, that you've noticed?

No, I haven't noticed any cifference between the two that I've noticed. They both treat my hair the same way. Now, I've just bought the new version of the Super Cholesterol. I haven't tried it yet. I will let you know my thoughts on it.

Ligeia Noire
March 20th, 2019, 02:25 PM
An SMT . Definetely. Specially if you use a Pantene conditioner.

Zesty
March 20th, 2019, 02:29 PM
I like Vatika Naturals Garlic Hair Mask (despite the name it doesn't smell bad). Or the Black Seed version. I use them as my first conditioner every wash. :p

Begemot
March 24th, 2019, 07:50 AM
I have no HG product at the moment. Most hair masks and conditioners can be turned into amazing deep conditioners with honey and aloe vera gel. So I guess I'll say SMT too :)

Katsura
March 24th, 2019, 08:49 AM
I haven't tried a commercial deep conditioner. So far the only thing I've seen make an actual difference to my hair health is avocado oil.

Dark40
March 29th, 2019, 04:52 PM
Just 2 days ago I've used the best deep conditioner I thought that is on the market, and it is called, "Maui Moisture Shea Butter Hair Mask." I think it's even better than the Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream!

Reservechic
March 29th, 2019, 06:20 PM
Just 2 days ago I've used the best deep conditioner I thought that is on the market, and it is called, "Maui Moisture Shea Butter Hair Mask." I think it's even better than the Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream!

Yes, it definitely is a really great mask for sure! As, the best thing out of the Maui Moisture line is their hair masks, in my opinion. And, they smell so wonderful too!

Reservechic
March 29th, 2019, 06:27 PM
I happen to have a couple of favorites, but my all time favorite deep cnditionet thus far, which I have to have in my stash all year round no matter what is Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm. They recently changed the formulation of it, but I am still going to continue to rock with it nonetheless. As, I currently own 3- 16 oz. bottles of the old formula and a liter of the new formula, and I'm all good to go!

Groovy Granny
March 29th, 2019, 09:35 PM
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Hair mask

gustavonut
March 30th, 2019, 09:12 AM
The garnier whole blends honey +Royal jelly deep conditioner is definetly a favorite, hello hydration deep conditioner was great too but I haven’t seen it in a few years, Aussie moist, and good ol’ coconut oil (if you can call it a conditioner but it does help a lot to keep my hair soft.)

Dark40
March 30th, 2019, 03:49 PM
Yes, it definitely is a really great mask for sure! As, the best thing out of the Maui Moisture line is their hair masks, in my opinion. And, they smell so wonderful too!

Yes, it is a great mask for sure! Oh, ok. I didn't know that it was the best thing out of the Maui Moisture line. I've just begin trying out their products. Yes, the Maui Moisture line does smell really wonderful is true!

ArabellaRose
March 30th, 2019, 04:07 PM
My two favourites are the Hask Argan Oil eeep conditioning mask, though due to the price I only pick it up for special occasions.

My go to is the Loreal Dream Lengths deep conditioner, the whole line has done wonders for my hair and this mask (used weekly after a clarifying wash) leaves my hair in wonderful condition and it smells lovely. Added bonus is it comes in a tub and, per wash, is better value for money than the Hask stuff.

sofetch
March 31st, 2019, 12:56 AM
An SMT with Garnier Fructus Coconut No Frizz. I am obsessed

SwanFeathers
April 3rd, 2019, 03:27 PM
Silicon Mix Bamboo! Soooo much slip

Ylva
April 3rd, 2019, 03:29 PM
The best deep conditioner for me would have to be the Garnier Fructis Hair Food Papaya mask. It's just super heavy-duty but affordable at the same time, exactly the kind of mask I need right now.

BerrySara
April 3rd, 2019, 03:47 PM
My favorite deep conditioner that works best for my naturally prone dry hair is DC Melt Into Moisture.

Begemot
April 4th, 2019, 03:05 AM
At the moment HG product for me is the Garnier Fructis Banana Hair Food mask :)

Zalicat
April 4th, 2019, 05:03 AM
Garnier hair food! I've only tried the macadamia one but its amazing!

blackgothicdoll
April 4th, 2019, 06:56 AM
The best deep conditioner for me would have to be the Garnier Fructis Hair Food Papaya mask. It's just super heavy-duty but affordable at the same time, exactly the kind of mask I need right now.

I second this. They'd better never discontinue this, or I will absolutely cry.

Ylva
April 4th, 2019, 07:15 AM
I second this. They'd better never discontinue this, or I will absolutely cry.

I'm already stocking up... :S

renia22
April 4th, 2019, 08:34 AM
I like these Clairol iThrive conditioners:

https://i.ibb.co/tsPmmBH/A07-D2753-58-AD-4-EDD-8-C22-892-BA3369-B06.png (https://imgbb.com/)

Luna Starsetta
April 4th, 2019, 11:20 AM
my Diy Oil Masque consisting of olive oil coconut oil and a few choice essential oils and JBCO added only to the scalp!

littlestarface
April 4th, 2019, 05:18 PM
The best masque I ever used was redkens extreme strength builder plus nothing beats it.

RottenMango
April 22nd, 2019, 10:44 AM
The Orofluido Hair Mask. That stuff is literal magic.

Milkchocolate
April 22nd, 2019, 11:00 AM
My holiest of grails would be the L’Oréal Damage Erasing Balm. It’s in the tub. It leaves my hair exactly how I want it ❤️ It’s very smoothing and leaves my hair like silky butter :) No weigh down. And it seems to seal everything in, making my hair appear 10x more moisturized and glossy and just so healthy ❤️ I also love it because I literally only have to leave it in for 5 mins and it dramatically alters the state of my hair. It literally does erase any damage :) my favorite thing is that it seems to seal my ends and makes them appear a little less frayed. Great for making my ends look thicker! And the smell is so soapy and fresh and long-lasting! Its my favorite of all time!

Kiisu
April 23rd, 2019, 02:28 PM
Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Hair Masque :crush: :crush:

AutobotsAttack
April 24th, 2019, 03:42 PM
Elizavecca Milky Piggy Collagen Ceramide Treatment. Absolutely love that stuff.

Reservechic
April 24th, 2019, 05:56 PM
There are two that I love like crazy more than any other deep conditioner I've ever tried I must give equal praise towards them both. The first one is Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm. I have both the old and new formulations (birth have the same thick consistencies), and they both work beautifully for my hair.as both versions definitely leave my hair feeling like silk for sure. Plus, the liter size of this stuff retails for $10 and some change. Oh, and I use my conditioners, with heat always. So, I deep condition with any conditioner, it doesn't have to be labeled a "deep conditioner" in order for me to deep condition with. And, my second favorite deep conditioner, is DevaCurl's One Cindition Decadence. It has a lighter consistency, but it still has lots of slip, is highly moisturizing, makes my hair very easy to detangle, and leaves my hair feeling super soft as well. I do own this in the liter size as well. As, it is definitely more economical to buy in a kit, which is what I do on a yearly basis. I'm definitely all about getting in in great deals when I see them, for sure!

Dark40
April 24th, 2019, 06:02 PM
Right now I also have to say my holy grail deep conditioner is the Garnier Fructis Banana Hair Food Mask. :)

ephemeri
April 24th, 2019, 10:33 PM
Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Hair Masque :crush: :crush:

Yessssss. I second this. I love this deep conditioner so much <3

Ylva
April 25th, 2019, 08:14 AM
For me the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil mask is... well, it's nice, but I think I prefer the Garnier Hair Foods. :shrug: I feel like Shea Moisture stuff is too shea butter and protein heavy for me to be moisturising enough.

Kiisu
April 27th, 2019, 04:24 AM
Meh,for me makes my hair so oily and flat (Garnier hair foods banana) :shrug: and these masks contains shea butter too.
Shea moisture makes my hair so shiny soft not oily and easy brushing hair :joy:
Btw I saw stockmann(turku) has now Garnier hair foods macadamia,banana,papaya costs 8,69 eur something . :)

Ylva
April 27th, 2019, 07:51 AM
Meh,for me makes my hair so oily and flat (Garnier hair foods banana) :shrug: and these masks contains shea butter too.
Shea moisture makes my hair so shiny soft not oily and easy brushing hair :joy:
Btw I saw stockmann(turku) has now Garnier hair foods macadamia,banana,papaya costs 8,69 eur something . :)

Only the banana one contains shea butter. The others don't, as far as I know. :)

That's cool, I'll have to keep an eye on that in case they offer them on discount. For now, I purchase mine from here: https://www.mylook.fi/garnier-fructis-hair-food-papaya-3-in-1-mask-390ml.html But only when they offer free shipping.