PDA

View Full Version : My ears stick out of my hair!

LaFlor
June 3rd, 2012, 09:33 PM
I've always hated how my ears like to stick out from my hair. They don't always stick out, but on those "flat hair" days they make theirselves known. I was just wondering if anyone else experiences this? And how do you deal with it?

ladylowtide
June 3rd, 2012, 09:41 PM
When I used cones my hair would lay flat on my head like a wet rag. And you could see where my ears where when it was over them. Since I cut the cones and started treating my hair better (I know cones aren't necessarily bad, but they didn't do anything for my hair). Also growing out all of my layers to shoulder has made my hair look a lot thicker and mostly solved this problem.

For the record I don't mind have having my ears out, as long as they aren't only half way out :p

skaempfer
June 3rd, 2012, 09:49 PM
I always thought that looked cute. Sort of elf-like.

letibear
June 3rd, 2012, 10:05 PM
I agree with skaempfer, I think it's cute...I don't mean this in a negative way, but that kind of reminds me of the Gelfling people in The Dark Crystal XD

Sorry that I have no solution for hiding it though :(

LaceyNg
June 3rd, 2012, 10:05 PM
When I used cones my hair would lay flat on my head like a wet rag. And you could see where my ears where when it was over them. Since I cut the cones and started treating my hair better (I know cones aren't necessarily bad, but they didn't do anything for my hair). Also growing out all of my layers to shoulder has made my hair look a lot thicker and mostly solved this problem.

For the record I don't mind have having my ears out, as long as they aren't only half way out :p

same here, although i HATED my ears sticking out! makes me feel like i have GIANT ears!

after ditching the cones my hair definitely has consistently more volume, and i dont have that problem anymore. Also, going Water-Only for washes has made my hair feel thicker, which has helped cover my monstrous ears ;)

LaFlor
June 4th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Someone actually said the same thing in real life, that it makes me look like an elf! I do use cones so maybe that is my problem. Thanks!

Jing
June 4th, 2012, 07:47 AM
I concur on the elfness. My ears poke through sometimes, like if my hair is limp from being out in the rain. I don't mind at all - it looks very cute and elfish (and I don't even care for elves).

Neneka
June 4th, 2012, 08:14 AM
I have that too. I like it and my SO thinks it's cute. :)

Amber_Maiden
June 4th, 2012, 08:24 AM
My ears stick out too. I don't do anything about it, I just accept it.

SnowWhite
June 4th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I've got the same thing.. They stick out on flat hair days or when I'm wearing an updo... At first I hated it.
But you know? Sometimes I do updo's on purpose now so that my ears stick out. Because I like it, it looks elvish as said before! :P

holothuroidea
June 4th, 2012, 08:41 AM
This happens to me, too, even at this length. It doesn't help that I have pointy elf ears, or thin wispy elf hair. I used to use bobby pins but stopped because they were damaging for my hair.

I can see that other people think it is cute, and I've had people say that, but I was subject to a lot of teasing/bullying so it's hard to think of it as a good thing.

Long_hair_bear
June 4th, 2012, 08:51 AM
I always thought that looked cute. Sort of elf-like.

Amen! I'm with you! I love looking like an elf! :D

Hollyfire3
June 4th, 2012, 11:11 AM
My ears never stick out from my hair itself, but with my glasses keeping some of my sides of my hair pulled back, I hate having to pull the hair down to get it to lay right in front of my ears, I hate my ears showing, the glasses make it hard though! Without glasses, my ears NEVER show...so weird.....

BrightEyes
June 4th, 2012, 12:02 PM
My ears stick out of my hair on the day after wash day. It drives me crazy so I usually just put my hair in a pony tail or wear a half-up. I don't look very elf-like:o

brave
June 4th, 2012, 07:07 PM
My ears never stick out from my hair itself, but with my glasses keeping some of my sides of my hair pulled back, I hate having to pull the hair down to get it to lay right in front of my ears, I hate my ears showing, the glasses make it hard though! Without glasses, my ears NEVER show...so weird.....

My ears do not stick out, and I kind of wish they did! I have pointed ears and I wouldn't mind looking like a hobbit. My hair lays over them though.

Hollyfire3
June 4th, 2012, 07:16 PM
My ears do not stick out, and I kind of wish they did! I have pointed ears and I wouldn't mind looking like a hobbit. My hair lays over them though.

Yeah, mine don't stick out either, except for...actually I take my previous past back, my ears don't stick out....I don't know what i was thinking, maybe I WANT them to stick out, but I just checked like five times, they don't show..darn it!

beachgirlla
June 4th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I would rather have flat hair with ears sticking out of it compared to the ugly frizzy & puffy hair I have that can hide 100 ears and some, LOL.

Honestwitness
June 4th, 2012, 08:19 PM
I have gargantuan ears. They do stick out sometimes and I don't like it. Someone once told me that in China, big ears are a sign of good fortune. At least there is one thing good about big ears.

Charybdis
June 5th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Hey, LaFlor, at least you have ears sticking out of your hair and not hair sticking out of your ears like my DH! :p (His granddad had a small forest growing in each ear, looks like DH is going the same way.)

Ligeia_13
June 5th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Yup. And my ears aren't cute pointy looking elf ears either. They're horrible dumbo ones that stick out further at the top.

What can you do? :/

Snippety
June 5th, 2012, 10:32 AM
:) We call that "elf-ear" in our house too ! I have massive jug lugs but I'm used to them and don't really mind. I always have my hair in a plait pulled back from my ears, which gets progressively looser and baggier until the top part is over my ears and they are sticking through. That's usually a good signal to re-plait :p It used to really bug me when I had 3 barbell piercings in the top of each ear because the hair caught on them and I would get strands wound tightly round them which were dreadful to get off. I took those out several months ago and it's not really bothered me since.

Ticky
June 6th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Mine stick out, too. I just try to ignore it.