PDA

View Full Version : Today is my one year anniversary

jacqueline101
June 3rd, 2012, 06:33 PM
Due to the hair cut I got I don't feel like posting pictures of my current hair. You can look at my albums and see the hair I want to remember. One good thing I did get some hair care items gave to me. I got some doo gro in the jar, hair plus shampoo and conditioner, generic value products silk remedy. My question is what can I do with them. The doo gro I might try to use and she shampoo set the other one is like oil.

Falcore
June 3rd, 2012, 07:24 PM
I'm sorry.. I know this anniversary isn't the best for you :( but there is always the next one, right? :)

Did they give you the products as a consolation for their mistake? I would read the ingredients of each one and see if the contents are what your hair likes and go from there.

PrairieRose
June 3rd, 2012, 07:30 PM
Happy one year anniversary even if it's not that happy! :( what happened?

jacqueline101
June 4th, 2012, 08:12 AM
The items were gave to me by a co worker. My hair doesn't seem to mind them I altered them somewhat from their original use. I went for a trim got unwanted layers and 4 inches cut off and she tried to even off my v hem line.

Libbylou
June 4th, 2012, 08:23 AM
First of all grats on your anniversary. So sorry to hear about your bad experience. Are you still able to put your hair up? It amazes me that if I wear my hair up for long periods and don't look at it down how much my hair grows.
I plan to get rid of my layers at the end of the year, I think I will do a gradual trims after your experience.

jacqueline101
June 4th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I can wear it up I've kept it up all weekend. I've been trying to find a use for my new products. I forgot one creme of nature leave in conditioner. It has a lot of oils and extracts. Too many to list. I've so far put 2 squirts along with it silk remedy, doo grow I put very little in used a plastic spoon to stir inside dye bottle all it did was clump and monistat in a 2 fluid ounce dye bottle and put it in my hair. I'm open to better ideas on this experiment. The hair plus set is suppose to grow hair haven't tried it yet.

partlycloudy
June 4th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I don't have any advice but wanted to offer my sympathy; a similar thing happened to me - I wear glasses and am blind without, I asked for a 1 inch trim, had to take my glasses off for the hairdresser to cut my hair, put my glasses back on and 4-5 inches were gone, along with very high layers! I cried.

I wish you all the best and happy growing :flowers:

partlycloudy
June 4th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I'm thinking of trying Monistat as well, but am a little worried about reports of hair loss after stopping use. What to do?!

afu
June 4th, 2012, 10:56 AM
which doogro product do you have? I have the mega thick gro serum (don't use it anymore because of cones, but it was good as far as soney serums go) and i also have the triple strength antibreakage growth lotion but it is way too heavy for my hair.

jacqueline101
June 4th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I have doo gro triple strength hair vitalizer. Its in a jar. Does it really work to grow hair?

jacqueline101
June 4th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Its strange I stopped using it for a week and nothing happen to my hair.

jacqueline101
June 4th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I had that happen too. Its strange fate gave me products to try I might take up a challenge. Wear my hair up do my concoction and take my vitamins. Of course oil daily. I always wear my hair up and wait four months and measure for progress then wait two more months see if its ready for a trim. I'm unable to add pictures to me album. I got all sorts of hair products gave to me. I'm hoping to create a cure for botched hair.

jacqueline101
June 4th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I read the ingredients a lot of extract and oils in the creme of nature leave in conditioner. I've made a small experiment with my finds. I'm going to challenge myself wear my hair up all the time do my care routine and measure in two months put back up until october or november near my birthday take it down see if its ready to be fixed. Correct the layers.

PrairieRose
June 4th, 2012, 12:01 PM
So sorry about your bad experience. Try to keep a positive outlook, before you know it your hair will be back to where you want it! :)

Tia2010
June 4th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Aww...I'm sorry you had a bad salon experience but

Happy Anniversary :cheer:
I hope it grows out quick for you :)

jojo
June 4th, 2012, 09:28 PM
aww ive been there too but look on the bright side, your hair is in excellent condition and the perfect base to get to your goal.

Ticky
June 5th, 2012, 02:51 AM
I'm sorry about your bad salon experience, but congratulations on your anniversary!

CurlyMopTop
June 5th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Congrats on your anniversary! :D I hope this coming year will bring you lots of progress and no more bad salon visits. ;)

Tota
June 5th, 2012, 06:02 AM
I'm sorry about a bad haircut but I'm sure you learned something good from that experience. It took many bad haircuts for me to finally learn what I want from my hair and how to achieve that. I'm sure you're closer to your goal than you were a year ago.

Happy Anniversary!