PDA

View Full Version : Rocket/Argula oil

Asma
June 3rd, 2012, 12:03 PM
So the other day I was at a pharmacy and went to the hair care section, and one thing that caught my eye was "Jarjeer oil" And Jarjeer in Arabic is basically rocket or argula. The instructions and everything are in Arabic and it says "made in Saudi Arabia" First thing I thought was how the heck do you get oil from rocket leaves? Anyways I bought it, oiled my hair with it (deep treatment) and just washed it out.

-Will update you if I feel any difference in my hair-
(I don't think anything has an immediate difference in my hair, I might have to use it on a long term basis, but the smell-eeuugh)

Has anyone else ever seen/tried this oil?

curlyhair
June 3rd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Hi Asma , here in egypt using argula oil for hair care is very popular but this oil made by pressing argula seeds not from leaves and usualy added to other oils for scalp masssage like jojoba or olive oil to stop hair falling and promote growth.
But also others make juice from arugla fresh leaves (those used in salads) by adding alittle bit of water to them and blend them very well then filter this green guice and massage scalp once a week with it.
Myself tried both but loved the fresh green juice , it really helped my hair shedding to be minimized as this juice has skin irritating effect (gentle one) but you may want to test it first on small area before complete application.

Asma
June 3rd, 2012, 01:49 PM
Hi Asma , here in egypt using argula oil for hair care is very popular but this oil made by pressing argula seeds not from leaves and usualy added to other oils for scalp masssage like jojoba or olive oil to stop hair falling and promote growth.
But also others make juice from arugla fresh leaves (those used in salads) by adding alittle bit of water to them and blend them very well then filter this green guice and massage scalp once a week with it.
Myself tried both but loved the fresh green juice , it really helped my hair shedding to be minimized as this juice has skin irritating effect (gentle one) but you may want to test it first on small area before complete application.

Thank you :) I looked on the internet for information about it but it wasn't very accurate, I really hate the smell though, this might be the first and last time I try it, unless my hair is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G after it dries. I guess I have to wait and see

Asma
June 4th, 2012, 01:11 AM
I love it! My hair is actually really soft, and my waves are much more defined! I never knew an oil could do that! :D :D :D

curlyhair
June 4th, 2012, 07:43 AM
you can add few drops of any essential oil to improve the smell