PDA

View Full Version : 15 months since a major cut, 6 months since joining LHC

letibear
June 2nd, 2012, 01:51 PM
Hello :)

In March of 2011, I decided I wanted a change; I got a layered cut and straightened my waist long, virgin hair. I was tired of dealing with the thick mass of different types of curls and waves on my head, and hacked it all off. Naturally, I regretted it a month later. Here's what it looked like:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/cryst4l/march2011.jpg

Sorry, I know it's not a good picture, but the only one I have from that time. The shortest layer was just under my chin, and the longest layer brushed my collar bones.

I've since sworn off flat irons and all heat/styling tools in general. I've had four 1" trims since then, the last one being on Dec 31, 2011. I'm trying to participate in the "No Trims in 2012" challenge, but I want the layers to even out. Here is what it looks like today:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/cryst4l/may2012.jpg

I've regained quite a bit of thickness, but you can see where the ends are still thinner. I don't know if a trim is necessary at the moment; the ends are not splitting, and I've tried to keep up with S&D. Maybe the layers will eventually "catch up"? What do you think?

IvanaGil
June 2nd, 2012, 02:06 PM
Hi! :)
Your hair is super thick, and like you, I wish my ends wouldn't thin out, but I think everyone's does unfortunately. It doesn't look like you need a trim at all, and if there are no splits, then there really isn't a reason to trim. I think you should wait out until you reach your goal length and then trim whatever thin ends you end up having.
Good luck!

Ticky
June 2nd, 2012, 02:12 PM
Looks great, and what a beautiful texture :) It doesn't look like it needs to be trimmed, at least to me.

jacqueline101
June 2nd, 2012, 03:35 PM
Your hair is beautiful.

lapushka
June 2nd, 2012, 03:54 PM
It looks absolutely fine to me. There's no need for a trim that I can see. Beautiful hair! :)

MintChocChip
June 2nd, 2012, 04:01 PM
Your hair looks gorgeous, your natural waves are lovely!

letibear
June 2nd, 2012, 04:10 PM
Thank you, everyone. :) Sometimes I just get the itch to trim!

ladylowtide
June 2nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
If my hair looked that great, I personally would not trim.

letibear
June 2nd, 2012, 04:42 PM
If my hair looked that great, I personally would not trim.

Thank you, you are very kind.

brownpaperbag
June 2nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
Love your hair! The curls especially :)

meishkamooshka
June 2nd, 2012, 10:35 PM
:thudpile:

I love your hair, and I agree with everyone else! ^.^

[By the way, you're gorgeous!]