PDA

View Full Version : My little Hair miracle!

ladylowtide
June 2nd, 2012, 11:26 AM
I finally got brave and dumped my oil into my conditioner. I have been oiling my ends, and CWCing with my loreal sulphate free poo and my tresemme naturals (cone-free) and my hair has just gotten sad in this summer heat!

So I took about 3/4 a tablespoon of my mixed cooking oil (EVOO, pure olive oil, grape seed oil, canola oil) and mixed it in my tresemme naturals conditioner. It felt kind of heavy in the shower. But not as heavy as a thorough oiling. The best part it stayed enough I only had to CW! Instead of the usual CWCCWCC... because I found tresemme naturals to be very light.

Took a little longer to dry and needed some wet finger combing but... This is the best my hair has looked and felt since I started actively trying to grow it out in November 2011.

So....

If you have conditioner and oil mixes that you love, tell me about them!

:disco:

Dreamers91
June 2nd, 2012, 11:46 AM
I use suave naturals shampoo and conditioner, and my ends are always very dry after wash day. Trying oil in my conditioner may be a great idea because I only condition my ends and they still get dry.

ladylowtide
June 2nd, 2012, 11:49 AM
I am sure there are better oil combos, I just used what I had available, but yay for giving oils a try!

Neecola
June 2nd, 2012, 01:47 PM
I just started putting a drop or two of oil on my wet hair before I condition and have great results so far. It doesn't weigh my fine hair down.

Hurrah for experiments gone right! :D

RitaCeleste
June 2nd, 2012, 01:57 PM
I usually oil my hair a few hours before I deep condition it. I'm gonna try mixing my conditioner with the oil next time and see how that works. Since I got back on the boards, I've been ever so nice to my hair. I'm also chasing my daughter around with conditioner and a cap. While my hair was getting neglected, hers was going to hell too. Now she's a walking tangle-ball. Two deep treatments and she is still tangling like Velcro. I am now going to make a concoction of oil and conditioner and see if we can't cut down on the tangles some. GRRR!

catamonica
June 2nd, 2012, 02:15 PM
I have been putting 2 capfuls of olive oil in my shampoo & conditioner for a long time. Also 3 capfuls of Aloe Vera gel in my conditioner. The Aloe Vera makes the hair even softer. I also add 2 capfuls of dhydrated minced onion or dehydrated chopped onion to my shampoo. It makes the hair thicker. Its all good. Its good to
know that someone else adds oil to their conditioner. I thought I was the only one that did that.

tokitoki
June 2nd, 2012, 02:52 PM
The best part it stayed enough I only had to CW! Instead of the usual CWCCWCC..
Help me out if I am misunderstanding,
You normally condition, wash, condition, condition, wash, condition, condition? All in one go? Maybe I don't understand the acronym?

einna
June 3rd, 2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try. My hair loves oil, and I usually pre oil with coconut oil before a wash.