PDA

View Full Version : I have a hair problem

jacqueline101
June 2nd, 2012, 10:02 AM
I have a problem. I got over my other hair issue and had a stripe bleached in my hair. The damages broke off 6 inches of hair. My hair dresser cut layers in my hair to get rid of the damage chunk. I hate layers and then she straightened my v hem line. I asked for a trim I'm back at apl I was at bra strap I wear the thick ones that are almost mid back. I want to know what I can do about these dreadful layers.

WaitingSoLong
June 2nd, 2012, 10:08 AM
Embrace them! That is all you can do really.

winship2
June 2nd, 2012, 10:33 AM
I have a problem. I got over my other hair issue and had a stripe bleached in my hair. The damages broke off 6 inches of hair. My hair dresser cut layers in my hair to get rid of the damage chunk. I hate layers and then she straightened my v hem line. I asked for a trim I'm back at apl I was at bra strap I wear the thick ones that are almost mid back. I want to know what I can do about these dreadful layers.

Oh, my goodness, that sounds awful! I'm so sorry!

longhairedwolf
June 2nd, 2012, 10:44 AM
Sorry to hear that! I think there is a support thread here for growing out layers - you might find that helpful.

Sisgoldenhair65
June 2nd, 2012, 10:53 AM
Awwww, Jacqueline I'm so sorry to hear about your hair troubles. The only thing that can heal layers is time. I am growing out layers as well...uughhh! I am sure it still looks nice and there are still many styles you can do with your layers. Hugs!

akilina
June 2nd, 2012, 10:58 AM
Great another post where everyone is going to bash hair dressers because we all just suck.
:P Hair dressers that don't listen to you do suck. But that doesn't mean every single one of them is evil. <---not trying to be rude. Just sad that no one likes us here. :flower:
It is really so frustrating when someone doesn't listen to you Im sorry that is a bummer :( Did you even ask for your weight line to be straightened out? I guess the positive is that you can grow the layers out and your chunk where the hair had been broken off will blend in. Another up side is that your ends will probably feel a lot thicker with a straight weight line. How short is your shortest layer? Hopefully you can grow them out asap!

Mayflower
June 2nd, 2012, 11:30 AM
You'll just have to grow them out.

RitaCeleste
June 2nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
I've been growing out layers for YEARS. Basically, I use Faye's self trim method on the ends once in a while. The rest I leave alone, splits and all, doesn't matter, I leave it alone and let it grow as best it can. You can S&D split-ends on the layers if you feel like it. I don't because mine will just snap off in time on their own and leave me with an unsplit end. My splits don't continue to travel, my hairs don't break and split up the middle much, a split might lead to me loosing 1/4 of an inch when it snaps off, that's it for my hair. If you only trim the ends and keep about 3 inches of growth per year, you still feel like you are moving the right direction. This is just how I cut my hair now. If I needed a blunt hemline, I'd have to chop off 4 more inches. I'm not doing that again. Next year, I'll almost have the layers gone and three more inches of hair. I'll just wait it out.

ladylowtide
June 2nd, 2012, 12:40 PM
I am actually having fun growing out my layers now that most other are shoulder length. I had very short layers. At first of course it was pain, but I am so glad I waited it out. Now my eyebrow skimming bangs are like face framing chin length layers, and my short canopy layers are swinging around shoulder where that are long enough to tie back, or create the illusion of more volume when I do braid waves.

Would I get layers again... Hell no! But have I enjoyed my hair along the way? Most definitely!

BrightEyes
June 2nd, 2012, 01:13 PM
I'm trying to grow out layers too. I have my stylist trim them every other time I go into have my hair colored and trimmed (I have her trim a little off the ends every time, which is every 2-3 months). It's a slow process, but my layers are definitely catching up with the ends. Good luck:)

heidi w.
June 2nd, 2012, 02:02 PM
The only thing you can be do, Jacqueline is wait for the layers to grow out. Looking at your hair, I can't figure out why someone would think layers is a good solution for your hair type and face structure. Sorry that happened to you.

Just be patient. And slowly trim stuff out, as needed.
heidi w.

white.chocolate
June 2nd, 2012, 02:50 PM
I agree with the above posters. When you have layers as you do you have to be patient and let your hair grow. As your hair grows longer, your layers will be less pronounced and it'll be more comfortable to cut your hair and get rid of the layers. If you try to get rid of them now, you'll just end up with your previous hair length all iver again, wouldn't you? I'm sorry but that's the best way to deal with layers. Embrace them. Learn to embrace them. You'll still be able to do many hairstyles until you decide it's time to get rid of your layers.

jacqueline101
June 2nd, 2012, 04:25 PM
My shortest layers are about shoulder length. I guess I will learn to live with them. I hate them but what choice do I have. Take care of my hair hope it grows fast.

akilina
June 2nd, 2012, 06:10 PM
Ahh at least they aren't too short. I know that doesn't help though :/ And as above posted..its obvious that your hair type shouldn't be layered. Not sure why a stylist would see it fit.
What was the conversation like when you told the stylist what you wanted to do? Did you ask her to blend in the bleached part that was breaking?
Did you tell her to just do what she wanted? Or just to trim a half inch off the ends?
There must have been some sort of miss communication. Why didn't you stop her when you saw her pulling all your hair up from your head to cut it? :(

jacqueline101
June 2nd, 2012, 08:32 PM
She did my hair how I wanted it the last two times done my bling strand perfectly. I don't get it why she did what she did. I have to live with my hair not her. I'm not liking. My shortest layer is arm pit length. No I didn't want my v evened out which won't do any good any ways it will grow back v hem line. I didn't ask for layers at all I didn't even ask for high lights. I wanted a blonde streak in the center like a racing stripe. I made the appointment when I found out I had bugs. I paid 40 dollars for something I didn't ask for is why I'm pissed.

jacqueline101
June 2nd, 2012, 08:42 PM
I told her I wanted a trim take a 1/2 inch off the ends nothing about blending in my damaged ends. I don't know where she came up with layers and to do what she wanted. I screamed isn't that a sign she needed to quit cutting layers.

CurlyMopTop
June 2nd, 2012, 08:58 PM
I started off more than a year ago with layers and a v hemline. I just did another major trim and have most of the layers gone and a very nice blunt, very soft c shaped hemline. I've grown my hair out to just about bsl twice over the last year and did two major chops and several microtrims to get rid of them. My hair is not thick or straight enough to pull off a longer layered v cut. It just starts to look thin and scraggly. Just wear it up and ignore it for a while until it regains some of it's length, then trim a little. I trimmed the rest of the layers myself every 3 to 6 months so that I wouldn't have problems with breakage. Repeat until you reach your end goal. Good luck! :D

brushxD
June 2nd, 2012, 09:06 PM
sorry to hear this :( with time your hair will grow back :) you just have to be patient

Tia2010
June 2nd, 2012, 09:21 PM
That sucks! :(

Hopefully it will grow out quickly for you! Just concentrate on your goal and try not to let it get you down. :)

Falcore
June 2nd, 2012, 09:27 PM
Ouch.. She did not one thing that you wanted! Grrr that really sucks..

I'm sorry it happened to you, Jacqueline *hugs*

lolot
June 2nd, 2012, 10:00 PM

im sorry english is not my mother language so i dont understand if your hair is apl o mlb?

if you dont like your layers you can trim gradually to get rid of them without cutting everything is what im doing and is going well