PDA

View Full Version : Europeans(Swedes): Where do you shop for your hair care online?

henné
June 2nd, 2012, 06:03 AM
Hi!

I live in Sweden and I would really love to get some Vatika and/or Amla oil that is 100% natural/chemical-free. I went to an Indian store in STHLM and among the ingredients there were some nasty (to me) chemicals in their Amla oil.

I just found a spicesofindia (co.uk) website. Have any of you bought any products from there? Whether you are from Sweden or anywhere else in Europe ...

Thank you!

Words
June 2nd, 2012, 07:22 AM
Is there an indian store in Stockholm? Where and what is it called?
I'm sorry I cannot help you :(

henné
June 2nd, 2012, 07:27 AM
Yup, it's called Taj Mahal Livs and it's on Kammarkangatan (or such).

I found some Henna that looked old and not very trustworthy there and some Amla oil that had mostly mineral oil in it and some chemicals that I didn't feel comfortable buying.

I think there's a few more stores like that in STHLM. There is also an ayurvedic store (Govindas) in STHLM, but I haven't gone there yet.

Words
June 2nd, 2012, 07:31 AM
Oh, I have seen it on Drottninggatan/Kammakargatan. I do not really trust that store... I wish there was a store with "real" things!

Jing
June 2nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
Check Life or Hälsokraft. Some of them carry random and (by most people's standards) obscure things if the one who runs the store is into them her-/himself, and some of them will order pretty much anything vaguely natural health/beauty care related for you if you ask them to.

henné
June 2nd, 2012, 09:25 AM
Check Life or Hälsokraft. Some of them carry random and (by most people's standards) obscure things if the one who runs the store is into them her-/himself, and some of them will order pretty much anything vaguely natural health/beauty care related for you if you ask them to.

Thanks for the tip. Life seems to still be a little 'mainstream' for me :) But them I'm out of this world by Swedish standards, I guess :D Never saw any Ayurvedic stuff there ... what bothers me is that they carry Herbique ... I don't trust that brand at all. It irks me that every time someone tried to find out what is in their 'henna' - they either didn't know or said that 'henna comes in different colors' :roll eyes: Haven't heard of Hälsokraft yet, so will check it out. I love Grynningen, but they also have no henna, cassia or Ayurvedics (I know they have Neem oil).

Words
June 2nd, 2012, 10:02 AM
Oh wait! I just remembered that Örtagubben has some interesting stuff. I usually go to the one near Östermalmstorg. They have oils, henna, soap nuts, teas and a lot more. There are some "products" too, which are natural/organic (Lavera, Urtekram, Eco Cosmetics, Sasco etc). The only thing I do not like about that store is the staff. They are kind of rude sometimes.

UpNorth
June 2nd, 2012, 10:36 AM
I ordered Cassia from http://www.renaissancehenna.com/ last week on saturday, I got it on thursday and the postage wasn´t expensive either!